TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 19, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: NASCAR: Archive through February 19, 2016 users admin

Marej

09-19-2002

Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
Good race. Sorry if I was to snarky about Mr. Gordon.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Joey Logano won. Dale, Jr. came in third.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just don't like Joey, but I am happy for Mr. Penske.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Sounds like Harvick's car (and trailer) were stolen in Georgia...Go Kenseth!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It wasn't Harvick's - although I can't remember whose car it was (Travis Kvapils #44). Harvick qualified 2nd. One would think they would have a burglar alarm on their big rig...or that one of the crew would sleep in it!

And qualifying was another hot mess this week. 13 cars were still going through tech inspection (they had failed on their first go-through). Apparently qualifying is an hour earlier than it used to be, not leaving enough time to get cars through tech the second time and out on the track for group qualifying. Included in that list were Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Matt Kenseth ... who of course will earn a spot in the race simply because they are a past champion or owner's points in last year's season, but they will line up in the rear. NASCAR really needs to get its act together. Not saying that the teams aren't partially responsible because they obviously had issues the first time through tech, but they should have enough time to repair their issues and make it to qualifying on time.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I agree, Roxip. NASCAR is going to keep fooling around and making un-needed changes that are going to turn off long time fans.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Brian Scott is a driver in the Xfinity Series and part time in the Sprint Cup Series.

Xfinity #2 Chevy for Richard Childress Racing.

Sprint #62 Chevy for Premium Motorsports parttime

His Wedding has drawn some attention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJj_qy8hQ2E

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
They talked a lot about that video (which thank you for posting - I will watch at home tonight) on the broadcast.

The stands were unusually empty for qualifying both for Daytona and Atlanta (although it was unseasonally cold in Atlanta so that might have explained it). I can see why the new format is interesting but they need to make sure all the drivers can participate.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
There will be a ceremony honoring Jeff Gordon in the park that is right across the street from my office building next Thursday. I might actually go outside (weather permitting) to see Jeffie in person!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Lucky you! Do it! Get a selfie with him!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I suspect that there will be a huge crowd (might as well go because traffic around my building is horrible at best - with Jeffie there it will be a nightmare!). I will probably be lucky to get a glimpse of him.

Jeff has grown on me over the years. I used to dislike him but I feel like he has earned his Dupont stripes over the years.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Enjoy a good laugh!

Johnson gets memorable massage on hidden-camera show

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/shake-and-bake/jimmie-johnson-repeat-after-me-hidden-camera-ellen-degeneres-hendrick-motorsports-041515?_mid=229865&_rid=229865.12300.17939&cmpid=emc:fscom:nascar&place4

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
That was fun.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that Kitkat, it was a good laugh.

Jimmmie did very well!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was so excited. Life has been so hectic lately that I have not got to watch a single race in its entirety (if at all) since Daytona. Tonight I came upstairs and turned on my tv to Fox and what do I see...NOT NASCAR! There was a rain event in Richmond and the race had already been postponed until tomorrow...a day where I have church, a youth sponsor meeting after church that will last hours...YUCK...and then choir practice at 4:30. Darn rain!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Wow! Austin Dillon, current driver of the #3 Chevy, took a wild ride in the wee small hours of the morning at Daytona! Ended up with part of a car, upside down, and walked away from it. He owes a huge debt of thanks to the driver whose death at Daytona in the #3 car caused NASCAR to implement serious changes that make racing so much safer!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Roxip, Austin was very lucky that the undercarriage hit the fence rather than the roof of the car. I think the outcome would have been way different if it had been the roof. NASCAR needs to figure out a way to keep the cars from bunching up in packs and from going airborn when hit.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I totally agree...but if the safety mandates resulting since the loss of Dale Earnhardt (and others) hadn't been in place there would have been little doubt of the outcome - both for young Mr. Dillon and the fans behind the catch fence.

Love the speeds at Daytona but not this stupid restrictor plate nonsense. It really isn't racing, it is just drafting and wrecking.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
RIP Buddy Baker, the gentle giant, lead foot.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/nascar-great-buddy-baker-74-loses-battle-with-cancer/ar-BBlBJpt?ocid=ansSportingNews11

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
They say today is Jeff Gordon's last race.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
He will be missed on the track! The best for his new job as an analyst for Fox Sports!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Yay, its back!!!! Happy Valentines

Go JR!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Absolutely, Sportsfan! The Sprint Unlimited tonight!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Hmnnnn.... I do not like the new rule replacing the Green/Whiter Checker.
Made it anti-climatic. We knew Denny won before the race ended.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Danica Patrick undercover with Lyft in Charlotte.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrxPDN7u_1g