TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 29, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through March 29, 2017 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've seen that hoax before, too. Glad I didn't fall for it. Just x-ed out of it, I think. If all else fails, you can unplug the computer and take out the battery. Everything will be reset back to normal. Or at least, it has worked for me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NewQ: Is it better to charge my phone, Android, when I notice it is low, or wait until it beeps at me to recharge?

TIA.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think most batteries these days are not harmed by being topped off.

But maybe check with the manufacturer.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Everything I find says that it's harder on your battery to charge from low than to just keep it charged up.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. With the newer battery technology, just charge it whenever and as often as you find convenient but it is better to not let it go extremely low if you can avoid it. I just plug my iPhone in and charge it every night. Same battery tech in an Android. :-)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh, whew, as I have just been keeping stuff charged without even letting it run down.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 5:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I need to remember to ask my 17 year old niece today if she's ever heard of the Vietnam War.

I'm annoyed with the school system because for the past few months and until the end of the school year, all they are doing in her English class is studying to take tests. In the beginning of the year they were actually reading books. I asked her last night what are they going to take tests on if they aren't learning anything in class?

I got the typical teenager answer of, "I don't know." Then radio silence.

And I'm not to impressed when they were reading. It took like a month for each book. The last one they read was the The Great Gatsby. It's a short book. Then they watched both versions of the movie in class, and rewatched the new version a second time.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
One of my favorite high school classes was a literature class where we read part of the book and then watched the movie. I loved it. So I'm envious of your daughter's class! My kid read Gatsby but they didn't get to watch any of the movies.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
We would watch movies after we read books, also, and I enjoyed it. But the same movie 3 times? It usually takes at least 2 classes to watch the full movie, so that's at least 6 classes!

And to top it off, the night before they watched the new version, unbeknownst to me, my niece had me rent the same movie on Amazon and forced me to watch it with her. I thought the Leo DeCaprio version sucked. I want my money back!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ha, ha. Yes, it was not a great flick. I agree, seems like excessive movie watching! Why watch it twice??!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I will start charging it more regularly, I just don't think about it, LOL.

Now does anyone know how you change which 911 city picks up your cell phone? I called last night because there was a fight in our parking lot and ended up in the city next door. I got transferred, but I am afraid with a real emergency that might be a bad thing. Or I will just always have to call using my landline.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Wasn't the other one Streisand and Redford? Now that's a fine pair!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Dipo, it kind of depends on how big your municipality is. In the small town I live in our 911 calls get routed to the county seat at night and on weekends because we have no dispatch. Could it be that happens in your town, or perhaps your 911 system was overloaded so they routed the calls to the next community?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, I don't think so, my call went to Walnut Creek, Ca; and should have gone to Concord. Both were open and both are good size. I do live very close to the border between the cities.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
Dipo, you are on the border of these two cities, and most likely your call went to the nearest cell phone tower.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
To be safe, you can look up the cell phone number of your local 911. If your city is Concord it looks like the cell number is on the right at this link:

http://www.cityofconcord.org/page.asp?pid=1026

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt, I had no idea that there could be a special number to call using a cell. Added it to my phone.

Landileigh, that makes sense I have no idea where the cell towers are around here.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think The Great Gatsby movie was Robert Redford and Mia Farrow.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
You are so correct! I was getting The Great Gatsby and The Way We Were confused in my brain.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: So in Deep Space Nine there are turbo lifts, and I was wondering when they say level 7 section 5, do these "elevators" go both up and down and sideways? I know, crazy question but these things just come to me and inquiring minds are curious and want to know how this works.

LOL! TIA for any possible insights.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think they did on the Enterprise. I always thought that it looked cool.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
I usually post at tvch from my I pad mini. Last week, or so, when I post here,I can't see what I am typing (text/posting area gets covered by ipad keyboard). I have googled, can't find an answer to this.

I even called apple/tech problems. I've been helped by apple before with great results. The person thinks it's the tvch website. I told him it wasn't the website This has happened 2 times (in last 9 months) before but problem corrected itself somehow.

So does anyone have this problem (who may post from an ipad)? I have enough typos while seeing the screen...so it's annoying. lol

btw, the guy was helpful. he wants me to come to tvch, do that "share screen" thing. I said I would call back.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Abby7 - any chance you accidently increased the size (like CTL + on a laptop) so that the dialogue box is now out of range? I've got 2 or 3 SM places where I have to make the font super small in order to see the GIF dialogue box.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Teach, no I didn't.. I even decreased it to see if it made a difference. I may call tomorrow...apple again. Even though I know it's not this website.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Many, many thanks to Seamonkey who kept on and on over the past months and years perhaps mentioning how effecdtive nomorobo was in cutting down on the robo-calls to her home phone.

In the eight days between when we returned from Texas and departed for Vietnam, we had lunch with friends who said they were NOT getting the daily calls from Sheila or Angie, or whatever her name was supposed to be telling us there is nothing wrong with our credit card, BUT, blah blah blah. EVERY single freaking day, from different numbers. I asked them if it was nomorobo, and they said yes.

So I went home and took the time to set up nomorobo, really quite simple, and NO MORE CALLS after literally YEARS of daily and sometimes multiple daily calls.

Thanks for continuing to remind us, Seamonkey. Oh, the blessed silence.