TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 24, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Silly little gripes: Archive through March 24, 2017 users admin

Jeep

10-17-2001

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Yes! I've been a Trekki for decades! Love them all, but favorites are The Next Generation (Piccard and Worf) and Voyager (7 of 9 and Neelix).

I can still hear my dear departed mother saying she couldn't understand how I could watch all that "silliness"! LOL. And I'm still watching it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've long been a fan of the original series and all the ones that came after. It's amazing how the original series is still watchable all these years later.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The really interesting thing I saw was all the issues that were on the show that are totally relevant now, racism, elitism,zenophobia etc., that I never actually realized the first time I watched the show.

Of course I was only 10 then, JK, but I don't think I really saw the messages and now they jump out at me.

H&I just started the series again. They do Star Trek; Next Generation; Deep Space Nine; Voyager and Enterprise in that order 6 days a week!

Starts here at 7pm PST, so I can usually still get in my regular prime time stuff since I have only been watching DSN and Voyager.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I've been a Star Trek fan since the very first TV show. I've probably seen every episode of every original show and spinoff at least once if not several times. The only spinoff I never got hooked on was Deep Space 9 and still have only watched a hand full of episodes.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
My problem with DS9 was that it was a little too political. Star Trek and TNG (I watched Voyager and Enterprise but never got as involved in them as the first two) usually had a lot of action going on. There were the episodes and story arcs that focused more on the relationships and/or tensions with other races, but for the most part, they were out doing something and exploring.

DS9 they set around on base a lot trying to keep everyone from going to war. And not a whole lot of exploring going on.

Me and Darren have vastly different opinions about that, lol. What I disliked about DS9, he loved.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
DS9 wasn't my favorite, but I did like the characters.....Jadzia Dax, Quark, Dr. Bashir, Odo, Captain Sisko and of course Worf when he came on. I haven't seen any of the DS9 episodes in years. Never seems to be on in my area.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
DS9 was always a bit of an oddity in the Star Trek universe.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Quark is one of my very favorites.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, I am still watching even tho DSN and Voyager have completed and started over. I think I missed some of the beginning episodes.

I think I like DSN mostly because of Avery Brooks, I just love him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I should probably give DS9 another look. Has anyone here watched Babylon 5? I thought that was a very good series.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I loved Babylon 5! Wish they would rerun that somewhere.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, February 17, 2017 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I have seen every episode of every Trek. Most of them more than once. I did not like Voyager because they kept breaking the rules of the Trek universe.

Babylon 5 was awesome! Orange vs Purple!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
This is actually a big gripe. Stinky new jeans!! I purchased a pair of jeans that I really like but they smell like bug spray. I have washed them twice but the smell is still there. This isn't the first pair I have bought that smell and in looking online, it's becoming more and more common. I guess companies spray them before shipping so bugs won't get into them. This pair is from Penneys and the other other pair was from Macys.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Does it say in which country they were made?

The spraying may be required for shipment to the USA

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had some.. I think they were jeans from Vera Wang that had a strong odor but subsequent pairs didn't and haven't since, thank goodness.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I had that happen once years ago. I sent the jeans back with a note that they stunk beyond measure and they should be ashamed of themselves for selling something like that.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Okay, so - we just got back from Cambodia and Vietnam and have been calling our medical souvenirs Ho Chi Minh's revenge. So Bigdog went to the doctor Friday and told the young female doctor (maybe age 36-40) that he had Ho Chi Minh's revenge. She had no idea what he was talking about, so he (man)splained that Ho Chi Minh was the North Vietnamese communist dictator who had a vision of reuniting the two Vietnams. She looked at him blankly, so he added Vietnam War. She was still blank, so he asked if she had heard of the Vietnam War. She said no, and he was aghast, and she explained she did not take any history past high school.

I mean, really???? Is this possible? Even if she didn't learn it in school, this is a retirement town. Shouldn't she have patients for whom the Vietnam War is part of their medical problem?

Should this not bother me? Should we change doctors? I mean, we changed dentists because the fellow had religious pamphlets (he provided; I asked) in his waiting room explaining why people and dinosaurs existed together about 5000 years ago. I figured I didn't need an anti-scientist working in my mouth.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
She sounds like an idiot. Dump her She could never play trivia with us.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, you're a peach, Mamie!

Hahahahaha!!! I bet Mamie even knows what "you're a peach" means.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Juju!! WHERE are you finding these medical people?

Not only would I think there would be Vietnam vets still around for sure, but I THINK you would have some people who fled and relocated here as adults or children, and their children (well assuming it isn't some geriatric specialty practice).

At least in our area it would be pretty difficult to not know about Vietnam since we have the largest population outside of.. Vietnam..

What is scary is that said doctor of the blank look.. wouldn't think to ask about Agent Orange exposure, among many other things.

I wonder if she would have understood Montezuma's Revenge?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
While I'm always surprised by people's lack of general knowledge, there's an expression that the more people know about one thing, the less they know about everything. What matters most in your situation is that she is a good Doctor.

Who's Montezuma?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't drop her just because she didn't get the 'revenge' joke.

Pre-med and Med school send you into a world of science and only science. You cannot even find time to watch tv because you have to study.

Now she knows what you meant, she learned something.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I wasn't alive during either of the World Wars or the Korean War, and I still learned about in high school or before. American History was a required subject in high school.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Little things. Was talking with 30 - 35 YO about getting my passport. She insisted takes six months to get it. YES, it does. I didn't object because I didn't know for sure, but was quite certain didn't take anything like six months. I got mine in two weeks and two days with no rush on it. That kind of thing really irritates me.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
If you have a passport that is expiring, you should apply for a new one 6 months before your old one runs out.