TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 25, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 25, 2017 users admin

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
A. 7

B. No

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Open concept kitchen dining room living room and my work space office. So the TV in the living room can be seen in the kitchen.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I am glad I am no the only one who watches or listens to tv while cooking.

I also enjoy my tv in the bedroom.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
3 - family room, master bedroom, other bedroom

no TV in kitchen but easily can watch at & hear the family room tv from the kitchen.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
3 tvs, one in living room, master bedroom and spare bedroom

none in the kitchen

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
4 - 3 of them are seldom used

none in the kitchen

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, February 17, 2017 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I have 2 tvs in use. The one in the living room and one in the kitchen. The one in the kitchen I use for 2 things.....watching TV while doing dishes, and for Chrome casting receipes when trying a new one.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
2 tvs - One in the living room...one in my bedroom

None in the kitchen but it's open concept so I'm covered

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 2:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
New Question: Do you make reservations when you go out to eat?

Darren and I went out to dinner the other night. We don't really have restuarants here that you need a reservation for, unless you're planning a big group dinner. I know a couple places (like Red Lobster or Black Angus you can call and make reservations, but it's not really neccessary) and we tend to avoid eating out on big dining out days (Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, etc.) And the last few years we've been skipping the chain type restaurants and going to small, locally owned places.

Anyway, we went out. We'd planned on going to a place new to us on the Blvd and if I'd given it two seconds of thought I'd have suggested something else. There was a show at the performing arts center right across the street and I know the restaurants on the Blvd are always busy on show night.

We went in and the place was packed. The hostess came up and asked if we had reservations and we said, no. She said it'd be about an hour, probably. That was about the time the show would start and she expected the place to clear out about then. We decided not to wait and went somewhere else. Where we walked in and the first thing the hostess said was, "Do you have reservations?" We both looked around, no one was waiting to be seated and the restaurant had about 1/4 of the tables empty, she laughed and said it wasn't needed she had just wondered if we'd arranged something special.

It never even once crossed my mind we'd need reservations anywhere in town, lol! I mean, it's Lancaster, Ca...we have a few nice restaurants, but nothing even remotely upscale. Things can get kinda busy on the weekends, but usually not to the point where you can't find somewhere to eat. Got me to wondering if most people make reservations and the types of places they'd do that for. It's highly possible I'm just used to casual dining.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We rarely make reservations. The exception or exceptions are if we're going to our favorite upscale restaurant for a special occasion like a birthday or our anniversary. The other exception is if we have visitors from out of town and they want to eat at one of the somewhat upscale restaurants on the San Antonio River Walk. Outside of those we have sufficient choices near our house that don't require and, in fact, don't take reservations.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Depends on situation. I prefer to eat early, like to arrive at 5 ish so I am done ordering and eating by 6. This means we usually beat dinner rush and reservations are not important. If it's more than just hubby and I or there are events nearby then we make reservations.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not as a rule.

Exception is with a group that graduated high school together.. Then a reservation is made so they can set up for the group.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Hardly ever - we live in a town that doesn't even HAVE an upscale restaurant. The closest town where reservations would be necessary is an hour away, so we will make them if we have a big family get-together, but TBH, our family parties usually occur at one of our houses as we all love to cook!

Abby7

07-17-2002

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Not so much lately. I prefer eating at home (aka known as delivery...some great restaurants/fav around here that deliver) oh, my home cookin' too...? Lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No. Have lunch out maybe once every five or six weeks, dinner out once or twice a year if I'm lucky, otherwise eat at home.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Generally no, but I have two groups of friends that make reservations because we are a bigger group, 5-7 of us.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
not usually

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Not all the time but at 2 favorites, Morton's and Top of the Hub, we always make reservations.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
For special occasions if we're going to an upscale place that only takes reservations well then we make reservations.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
No. The exception is when we go out with a large group. We call ahead so they can be prepared to accommodate us. We live in a small town.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We're in a big city and I have no patience for lines or waiting so we always make reservations. :-)

Lyn

08-06-2002

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I live in a very small town...nowhere I can think of takes reservations

(Does Timmy's? lol)

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
People here are mad about making reservations, so if you pick a popular place you need a reservation.

For us, it really depends on the restaurant.....most places we go we know the staff so even if it is full we can get a table. If we are trying a new place we plan to eat at we will make reservations, but usually, we decide at the last minute and wing it or go at off hours.

We went to a really trendy restaurant recently and the place was empty and we were asked if we had a reservation. When we said no, we were seated beside the washroom. If the restaurant does this we walk out and we did.

Another time we went to this new French place and it was packed. We asked for how long the wait was and we were told, there would be no tables available for the night. But it was ok because they had another location hidden in a back alley and it served the same menu. So we went there and had a great meal.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
New Q: Do you use body wash or soap in the shower?

If you use body wash, do you also shampoo with it?