TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 10, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Brand New Hair Thread Welcomes Juju2bigdog: Archive through March 10, 2017 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I will have to do so as well, at some point. If I didn't dye my hair, it would probably be white to gray. I was going to let it grow out last year, but my husband didn't like it. If I do let it go, I'll probably do what my sister did. No hairdresser involved. She bought hair color remover and used it. For awhile, she dyed it light blond, just to have some color, I think. But she eventually let it grow out, and her hair is all white now. It looks good on her now, but took some getting used to after being so dark-headed all her life, as I am, too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
One problem I have had with letting my hair go natural is that I lose all the body and ummp that coloring gave it. It still looks blond with white/silvery streaks but is goes really flat in volume and color.

I am letting it go natural again, just put some of the box color on it before my cruise so I would have more body.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I decided to quit dyeing mine, after getting hooked by a hairdresser who thought we should just "warm it up" a bit for my 35th high school reunion. To my surprise, I still have more brown hair than gray. It looks brown in photographs. Of course, I had a brown-haired grandmother, and my mother's sister had brown hair into her 80's. My mother died young, way before her children could give her gray hair.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Dahli, i would be interested in your progress too. I am so tired of coloring my hair. I think I hate the roots more than I hate the idea of turning gray. I am pretty gray. right now i have all over color with highlights and low lights. i have been talking to my colorist about having the gray be one of the colors and seeing how that looks.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just get highlights with foils, so some of my hairs are still dark, some are white or grey and the rest are the color from the bleach and I don't have roots. I just go every 7 weeks and get a haircut at the same time.

Peggy says at some time we may do lowlights but so far we haven't.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Texannie, do keep in mind that although it could now very well be ten years ago that we met you, you only looked twenty-three at the time. Seriously, I asked Bigdog why he didn't talk to you very much, since it was unusual for him, and he said he just didn't think he had much in common with a 23 year old*. So, that could mean that you only look 33 now. So you may want to put off that going gray thing for a couple years.

*and that's another interesting thing about Bigdog. He has a buddy who has NO IDEA that HE is no longer 23, and he flirts with 23 year old waitresses just as though he is also 23. Bigdog, on the other hand, fully understands that if a 23 year old is sweet to him, it is because he looks just like her grandpa.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL.. actually older men can be real flirts and get away with it. Waitresses, nurses. I don't get the flirt part much driving them, but I've had some older guys.. I mean high 80s, low 90s, who just loved to announce that "this is my driver!". Cute but not obnoxious. Obnoxious is not ok.

I think of course one must do what makes one happy with one's own hair. I had all those years where if my mom was happy, I was horrified and if I was happy, she was NOT. WAY past that now.

Here are my "roots" 7 weeks post hairdresser.. I go tomorrow for cut and foils..

I have this weirdness since taking the biotin is causing new growth to pop out that is a bit shorter but I'm all for new growth!

Anyway you can see a wee bit of my dark color, and the not dark color and various shades from Peggy's bleach brush.

roots

I couldn't figure out how to show under the bangs while taking the picture. And didn't want to do anything to make it wonkier before going out today.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
LOL, i knew i love Bigdog for a reason!

Sea, I love it!

I do worry it could be aging so that's why i keep doing it but i am caring less and less as time goes on.

Here is me now in a very fuzzy cell phone pic. i was all gussied up for a formal event

ann

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You look Good!!

My hairdresser said today she is adding color to the bleach. She called to share that tomorrow there will be food at the salon for several birthdays. So I can come early and eat. Yesss!

And she says I don't have roots.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
See? 33, right?

Sea, yours looks good.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
aw...thanks! I will be 57 in July.
free food is always fun. What does she mean, you don't have root, Sea?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The way she colors my hair, I really don't develop roots or darker/lighter hair along a part, as you would with more solid hair dye, I guess.

I took pics today but they are on my Kindle Fire and when I got home my wifi was acting up and after a long long call with the tech at TWC we finally had to give up and just connect the desktop to the router so I have no wifi for my Fire right now.. but I'll go Monday to get a new box and hopefully set that up and get the Fire talking to it.. I'll be in withdrawal without wifi!!!!

Or maybe I'll wander over to someone's wifi or the hospital for theirs tomorrow and email myself the pictures.. lovely shot of all the foils ;)

The food was great! Well except when the salon owner went back to get the cake.. it was an ice cream cake and one of her adult kids or maybe grandkids had left the freezer door open and it was a liquid cake. So we had bowls and it was still pretty good.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
lol, even melted ice cream is good.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Anybody done anything good with their hair lately? Any haircuts ruined your life? Any disasters out there?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Nope, my hair is just fine.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Photo on the left that's me with my real hair. Photo in the middle after my hair stylist shaved my head. Photo on the right me with my wig. I believe this was in October or November just before my second chemo appointment.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I can't see your head in the picture on the right.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Doc not sure what to tell you. Maybe the Mods can make it smaller? I can see it fine on my cell phone.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I just enlarged the screen and there you were!

Nice pictures!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Doc. :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Okay I traded in the long strawberry blonde wig for a short dark wig today. The positive is that it's very comfortable the negative it makes me look my age and I am very Vain about that LOL because I'm an old lady. Gonna be 62 next month.

I can see myself trading this one in in the very near future. Depends how long I can tolerate such an unflattering wig, but hot damn it is comfortable.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I think the brown suits your skin tone, looks great!! certainly does NOT make you look older!! Pretty smile too! No grimace! You are feeling better today?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rissa well I am a brunette in real life so that's probably why it suits me a bit better colorwise! Yesterday was awful I was really flatlining I had zero zero zero energy. Today is somewhat better thankfully.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The style is ok.. Highlights would probably help.

But how you feel is most important. 💙💙

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I like your new look! The wig color is great and the cut looks so cute and sassy!! I say if it brings you comfort, then stay with it.