TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 08, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 08, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 26, 2016 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, Color, I am the President of the Board, LOL. And now that you mention it I am surprised I haven't heard from our management company, but maybe today is a holiday for them. Good thing it wasn't more of an issue.

Ok, I think I figured out that it was the freezer. It was slightly open due to a package of frozen veggies keeping it from totally closing.

My sister got down on the floor looking for a drip tray, I didn't know if those were sill in new fridges (well new since 2011); there isn't. She said it looks like it was dripping out the one side, plus after we checked everywhere it looks like maybe there is some sort of leak over by the ice maker, which I have had turned off. B

So at some point I will need to get someone out here to take the back off the fridge and find the leak, it is not at the connection to the fridge, I already checked that.

I am wondering if having the ice maker turned off might have kinked something and caused this. Since it won't make ice when the basket is full I think I will turn it back on and see if that makes a difference.

I can hear when the ice maker takes on water it is a very distinctive noise. So I will give that a try and keep an eye on things.

I don know that the reason the puddle was where it was, after I thought about it for a minute, is because my condo totally slopes that way. I think that is a low point. We have had a bunch of settling because of the drought and my condo had a slant to start with. Not sure why but it was that way when I bought it in 2007, and I don't even notice it, LOL.

But if I run a ping pong ball for the kitties you can watch it roll to the sliding glass doors, LOL.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, December 26, 2016 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I am the President of the Board, LOL. And now that you mention it I am surprised I haven't heard from our management company, but maybe today is a holiday for them. Good thing it wasn't more of an issue.

Board? Management company? Huh? This is a single building (not complex), 60 units, app. 50 years old. I've lived here for 32 years this coming July 2.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am in a condo complex, 60 units also. We have a board of directors and pay a management company to manage everything.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am in what se think is a condo, but is a PUD.. similar.

We have an association, a board, and a management company.

We have I think 33 buildings, one is a clubhouse, the others have 4 unitsceach.. Well I guess we have 32 other buildings which have 4 garages each and most of those have a room over the garage, many of those are converted to studio apartments.. not mine.

Things get complicated and currently our board has fixated on use of the areas by our front doors.. and are demanding removal of all statues, birdbaths, gnomes, etc, but allowing up to four matching pots with plants and one small garden flag.. I did ask about garden flags and that was added.

Frankly I am more concerned with kids on bikes and hoverboards who basically run walkers off the walks...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dipo, any progress on the water?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, I think it there is a leak in the freezer by the ice maker and because the freezer door was open a tiny bit it was leaking out and then puddling at a low point in the kitchen. I have turned the ice maker back on to see if that might stop the leak, but will probably have to call some one out for a repair.

For now I am just keeping an eye on it, and the floors already dried.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
At least it seems that it is self contained in your place and in your fridge.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Just a thought Dipo - if your freezer is "self defrosting" there is a drain leading to a evaporation pan. If the drain gets clogged, the water doesn't go in the pan and may end up on the floor. I've had this happen.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm, kitkat, I don't seem to have a evaporation pan, we can't find anything under the fridge or in the manual like that. I don't know if it is self defrosting so I will look and see if the manual has anything about that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: Does anyone know if the Amazon, fill the box for donation and ship free, is all year round? I am filling boxes, regardless, and will google at some point but thought someone here might know off the top of their head.

Thanks.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I don't see where there are dates on the program. You can print your shipping label here.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, caused me to read about the program. What a super idea, especially considering how many trips I made to various charitable organizations during my summer/fall downsizing and move, and how many Amazon boxes I put into recycling through the garbage service in town.

http://givebackbox.com/story

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
If it's not, there are so many organizations that will pick up from your doorstep for free. So I fill my amazon boxes and then call one for a pickup. Things like ARC and Vietnam Vets assoc.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
What I've found to be true about Amvets and other home pick-up charity organizations is that they don't leave a tax receipt. I want that. Put it in my mailbox. If putting it in a mailbox is illegal -- I'm in a condo. Every unit also has an open numbered box. They don't do it. So I take my stuff to Goodwill which would otherwise not be my first choice for donating. I get a tax receipt handed to me. Done.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is really cool..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Mine always leaves a tax "receipt" on my door step and often an other bag to gather more items. I know they try to put it in my screen door, which is locked, or sometimes they will tuck it under the mat. So it might be worth asking about.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Brenda, which charity pick-up service is that?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
ARC, Vietnam Vets. It's not an itemized receipt, it's just a piece of paper that actually has a hole for them to hang it on your door knob.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I will try those two. Amvets and Disabled Americans don't leave receipts. I knew a past president and CEO of the American Red Cross. In the past when I told story here about him which made national news, mods removed it??!!

Abby7

07-17-2002

Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Salvation Army.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
yes, I have used SATruck.com; you can schedule a pick up online. Works great except around the end of the year, then they are tooooo busy.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Does Salvation Army leave tax receipt?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They have every time, Colordeagua. You don't have to be home when they pick up, for me they stick it in my screen door.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
What do you folks do with these tax receipts. Since we gave away thousands of dollars worth of stuff in our hurried move this summer, we collected tax receipts and then asked the accountant if she would need them for our taxes. She laughed and splained to Bigdog even multi-thousands would not close to qualifying us to claim deductions.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Juju, I add them to all the other deductions that I have and they always end up adding more to my tax refund.

I can't imagine having an accountant that wouldn't want to use your receipts.

Are you a billionaire or something.