TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 07, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 07, 2016 users admin

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
For me personally, I'm skipping right over childbirth...migraines. I've had some that at the time I was pretty sure I was going to die from. Or at the least, lift my head and see my brain had liquified and dribbled out my ear.

Something I've not personally experienced, but judging by what I saw rival the worst migraines I've had...kidney stones. I watched Caleb sail through surgery, he was hurting, but tried to tell us he was fine with otc tylenol rather than pain pills the dr prescribed because he was afraid they could be addictive (we overruled him, for the first few days he was in enough pain for those pain pills.)

Kidney stones, though, dropped him to his knees. And the kid who tried to grit his teeth through after surgery pain and wisdom teeth, laid there screaming and begging for pain meds. It was bad enough having to watch and not being able to do much about it, I couldn't imagine going through it.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, November 21, 2016 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Compression fractures of vertebrae in my back along with a fractured rib.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 21, 2016 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In childhood I dissociated because of torture type abuse, so it was probably the most intense.

As an adult.. I didn't give birth, but I would say the moment I tore out my ACL, and the worst time my back went out where it hurt pretty much non stop. Sitting, standing were out and lying down not much better. Driving was not possible.

And another acute event.. spent the day at San Diego Zoo with TVCHers Costacat and Native Texan, had fun, lots of hill walking 🚶

Got in my car for the 90 plus Mike drive home and got a serious charley horse in my calf. I got out And walked it off, but I had to get home on I5/I405..

And it of course came back.

And it persisted off and on all the way home.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, November 21, 2016 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
(((((((((SEA)))))))))))

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, November 21, 2016 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
3 vaginal child births - the middle one done totally natural & NO, that's not my worst pain!

It's a cross between when I had 2 broke ribs & pneumonia at the same time. The very strong pain meds helped, but unbeknown to me - stopped my lower digestive system. The more pain meds I took, the more backed up I got & it felt like all the backup was pushing on the 2 broke ribs. Finally, went back to the ER & was told that the pain meds are known to do this. Was given the relief I needed & given laxative to take throughout the remaining need for pain meds.

The other pain that I felt was worse than childbirth was when I had staff infection that settled in an infected pore on the left side of my face right next to my ear. It got bad & painful & actually got in my facial nerves. I had throbbing headaches only on the left side, felt like the worst toothache you would ever have in every tooth - only on the left side of my face, the whole left inside of my mouth & throat were red, raw, & swollen. Heck, the whole left side of my face on the outside was swollen! I had to endure so many tests including MRIs to determine that something wasn't hay wire in my brain. Head ok (thank the good Lord!) Ended up having surgery & they cut my face open right next to my ear, went in & cut out the core of the problem & removed all of it's nasty branches it was growing. Thankfully, the biopsies came back negative for cancer! I don't even have a scar because they went in so close to my ear. I did have some nerve damage though. However, the damage so far seems to be a blessing because the only sign I have is not feeling toothache on the left side of my face! I kid you not, I have lost a filling in a back bottom tooth that left a gapping hole & I didn't have any pain. I'll take dead nerves when it comes to tooth ache!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 21, 2016 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I broke my wrist trying to roller skate in Golden Gate park, didn't even make it into the park was crossing the street to go in. I was in my 30's, LOL.

They said they couldn't give me good pain killers because it would mask the symptoms of a potential problem...I couldn't believe it. They gave me extra strong aspirin type drugs. I cried all night it hurt so bad, then had to go back and see the doc the next day. By then I could manage.

But I had never had pain like that before or since, thank goodness.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, November 21, 2016 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Last year I was struck by a bicyclist while I was running in a local race. The collision knocked me to the concrete bikepath. This resulted in a dislocated right shoulder and a fracture of the humerus bone in that shoulder. I'm relieved to say that that was the worst pain I've ever felt, but it wasn't that bad (mostly because my long history of long-distance running has trained me to tolerate pain a little bit better than the average person, who doesn't run long distances).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 21, 2016 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, I hurt for all of us!!

Texasdeb. I would also hate the constipation side effect a lot.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, November 25, 2016 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
When I had my first baby, the back labor was really painful, as were the next two. Years later, an unrelenting back spasm with sciatic nerve pain was horrible.

Last February, when my hernia trapped and began strangulating my bowel....That! That was nearly unbearable,the worst pain I have ever felt!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Gallbladder was infected and had to be rushed into surgery before it burst.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
New Question...

It will be the shortest day of the year in a couple of weeks. What time of day does it get dark in your area (in your local time)?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It gets dark at about 5.05pm here.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was just complaining about how it seems to get dark so early. Now it seems like it starts to get dark around 4:30pm.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sunset today 4:43pm.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Dark.....around 5pm (dark enough to have front yard lights on).

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
it is dark when I go to work & dark when I leave work.........Thank gosh that I have a window in my office or I would never know daylight!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Outside gets a dark around 5ish, but the last few days I've noticed inside I've had to turn a light on around 4:30 otherwise I'm sitting here in the dark.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Mine's about the same as Dipo.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Sunset is at 4:12 today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunset is said to be 4:51, so it will get dark around 4ish!

Plus we are going into cold, sometimes freezing at night. How am I supposed to cover my plants if it is going to rain!

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
It gets dark about 5:30 PM here on our shortest days. One of the things we've noticed about living in the far south versus as far north as the Seattle area is that the days never get as short here in the winter but conversely never get as long in the summer as up north. In my younger days we could be golfing easily up to 10:30 during the summer and at the absolute peak almost 11 PM in Seattle. Here in San Antonio it's around 9:30-9:45 PM at the latest.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
4:53 pm here for sunset.

Actually it has been dark and rainy and windy all day long.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
We spend winters in South Texas precisely because of this phenomenon. Just checked it a couple days ago, for the difference in length of days - 8+ hours in WA state, vs. 10+ hours in South TX.

Right now sunset back home is at about 4:15 pm amd 5:35 pm in South Texas.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It is around 4:50 or so. It seems to get dark way too early.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Today, Dec 7, 2016 sunrise 7:49 am sunset 5:00 pm