TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 28, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All About Hair: Archive through October 28, 2012 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have mine done in a shop every six weeks. What they do is put color on roots and leave it for app. 25 minutes. Then put color all over and leave that for something like just 5 minutes.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I would only do your full head when needed... Maybe twice a year. I do not like to put chemicals on that often. Better for your hair.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I have only been doing my roots for the last 10yrs, never the whole head of hair.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I do my roots as needed, and say if you have to leave the color on for 25 minutes I will leave the color on just the roots for 20 minutes and then comb it through the rest of my hair for the last 5 minutes...seems to keep that "two toned" effect to a minimum.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yeah, my stylist uses shampoo to run the color thru to my ends.

My hair is down below my waist. If I didn't color my whole head, the ends were be significantly lighter than the rest of my air. I usually do my full head at least in the fall, to get rid of the sunbleached look I end up with after summer.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Another hair question: Is there any product you have found that really controls frizz? It hasn't even got to the really hot and humid weather yet, and my hair is getting so frizzy! I have tried lots of stuff, nothing seems to work well.

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Moroccan oil helps with frizz, Heckagirl. It's actually very good for your hair and worth the cost.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I don't like Moroccan oil. Not with my uber curly hair!

I don't know what kind of hair you have, Heckagirl, but I have very curly hair. I use mousse but then I want to keep the curl and just avoid the frizz. Any of the several mousses I use for curly hair work just fine.

If you have straight hair, you'll have to let a straight haired girl answer. I'm guessing any of the treatments for straightening hair would control frizz.

Or ask your stylist.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I am having trouble with the frizz as well. Worse, I am having trouble with split ends. I had a couple a bad haircuts in a row (bad in that they detroyed my ends) and now I have split ends halfway up my head. I went to a hairdresser and she gave me the conservative, timid cut, which annoyed me to no end. They need to chop into that weedy thicket and create some order for god's sake. I like my hair "longer" but not when it looks and feels like straw.

I'm thinking I'm going to cut it myself this weekend. Three different salons in a year, I am just done.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I use a leave-in conditioner to smooth ends. Not really loyal to any particular brand. There are two types: a spray which I spritz all over my damp hair before blow drying (some are called heat protectors but its all the same thing imo)then a lotion which I rub onto (just) the ends after I am done drying but before iron/hair straightener.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've always been told I have thick, coarse hair. It sure looks thick when it's all frizzy. lol. It does curl, but I would say it's more wavy than really curly. Mom always told me to use conditioner, but I do, after every shampoo. Most things I've tried, make my hair look dirty too quickly.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I have very fine very curly hair. And lots of it. I condition every time I wash my hair. I use Pureology products and love them.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I get perms and couldn't figure out why all of a sudden my hair was getting frizzy. I started walking at about 6 every morning. I finally figured out it was the moist morning dew making the mess. Now although it looks silly I use a shower cap when I go out. Viola, no more frizz.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
And THAT is precisely why I don't even bother to straighten my hair. One little bit of dampness in the air, one drop of humidity, and it's all over. I just let my hair go curly (and use a mousse to control the frizz and keep the curls) and we are all happy.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I found a great shampoo for taming the frizzies--Fructis Sleek and Shine. It's a bargain at Target for around a dollar. It made a HUGE difference in the texture of my hair, which is just monsterlike and awful in humid weather. I looked at the label today and it has that moroccan oil stuff in it. Guess it really does work.

link

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
My hair is fine and frizzy, and I love Fructis Sleek and Shine!

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Nyheat, I love Garnier products. They also make a Fructis Sleek & Shine leave-in conditioner (I have very looong hair and need to use a leave-in which isn't heavy at all) as well as a Sleek & Shine *Sheer* Conditioning Glaze (for flyaway, frizzy, normal to fine hair). The glaze gives an incredible shine. You should try both of these products if humidity bothers your hair.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I talked to my stylist this past Friday and she looked at me like I'd lost my mind when I mentioned that someone had suggested that she never did her entire head and had only done her roots for the past 10 years. The only thing I could suggest was that maybe she had short hair. Because we looked at my (waist length) hair and there is no way we'd NOT do my full head at least twice a year (or at least a shampoo cap periodically).

We were also talking about various products and agreed... I may pay more for the products that I am using but it's quite obviously worth it. My hair looks great and it feels great. It's shiny, and healthy, and obviously so. And it's not shiny because it's product that's on top of my hair, it's healthy from the inside out.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
How does product get 'inside your hair'? You said you use mousse to tame your frizzies--that's certainly on top of your hair, isn't it? And much stickier--and harder to the touch--than the Garnier glaze, which you don't feel at all.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
Varnish can be used anytime i think.

http://www.aghair.com/product/moisture-and-shine/liquid-varnish/

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I'm not talking about a styling product.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
So which products are you talking about then that get your hair healthy from "the inside out"?

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I know that foods such as eggs are good for your hair--it's the protein in them, it strengthens the strand. But being that Costa is a veggie, she may be talking about other foods.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
that isnt a styling product per say. it was an antifrizz coating. i couldnt live without it after my spiral perm. (that parts dropped out twice so some areas were done THREE times)

Abby7

07-17-2002

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
i have straight hair, but i purchased coconut oil for chapped lips (recommended by Dr. Oz). however i have heard it's great for controlling the frizziness.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-10-07/beauty/30397110_1_coconut-oil-hair-serum-frizzy

eta: now i doubt that will help control frizziness on rainy days...but maybe a product/spray with coconut oil will (one you apply daily).