TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 27, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through November 27, 2016 users admin

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, October 10, 2016 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
If you're going to do that...double check the address before you post it, lol!

We spent two weeks constantly having people knocking on our door last year looking for the baby furniture and toddler toys. While I keep a small box of toys for my younger nieces and nephews I really don't have toddler toys or baby furniture anymore. Turns out the person selling that stuff had the same address, but on the east side of town, we're on the west.

Most people were quite understanding about the mistake, maybe a bit annoyed they had driven all the way here only to be told if they really wanted to check this stuff out they had to drive all the way across town. One pleasant woman (total sarcasm there) was absolutely irate and demanded I show her the er, flipping baby furniture. I finally called Kota to the door, pointed to her and said, "This is my baby...she is 17 and a senior in high school! You really think I still have her baby furniture sitting around???"

Side note, we found the ad and contacted the seller, poor woman felt absolutely horrible for it, that people were driving all the way here and we were being bugged.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 3:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Question...

Caleb's friend parked her car in our driveway earlier this week and it started to leak oil. It was dark so we didn't see it til the next day.

Looked it up online, one site said to try dish soap and laundry detergent. I had those on hand, neither have worked so went back and next a degreaser is recommended. Anyone have suggestions on which degreaser? Another site says kitty litter and detergent, but not sure that would work any better than the dish soap/detergent. Then says a stain remover, but not what kind.

Driveway is concrete, btw. Any thing you guys have tried that actually works?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kitty litter can be wonderful for absorbing some things. I did use it when my old car was leaking some fluid.

And one time when Auto Club came out they guy said they use a rough version of kitty litter to absorb some things.. so it might actually work.. the clumping kind pulls in liquids.

Not sure about the stains.. maybe some bleach after it is absorbed.

Kitty litter also can be removed after it has done its thing and dried a bit.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
A mechanic former friend of mine said he ALWAYS used Dawn dish soap to wash his hands, not just any detergent because it is the only one to clear the oil. When you watch wildlife bird/animal rescue clips they always use Dawn, as well.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Dawn was what I tried first, lol. I remembered for a while Dawn bottles (which is the only dish soap I buy anyway) had the seals on the front and how it was used for cleaning them after an oil spill.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
THX War, glad to hear that.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 2:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Since I had to go to Walmart last night, I checked and found a small bag of kitty litter for like $1.16. Perfect cuz I don't own a cat and being highly allergic never will, lol. Also picked up some, er, I think Simple Green (a degreaser.)

The suggestion online was to pour plenty of kitty litter over the spots and stand on it and grind it into the concrete. So, little niece and I poured kitty litter on each spot and did the twist, might as well have fun with it. Let it sit for about an hour, then went out and swept it up, poured hot water over each spot and sprayed with the cleaner and scrubbed with a brush, then rinsed it off.

I was very surprised. I'm not sure if it was the kitty litter, the cleaner, or both together (plus the dawn and detergent the day before?) but something worked. The big spot is nearly gone, smaller spots are still there...but I admit I put most the work and grinding and scrubbing into the big spot and had Caleb come out and scrubbed the smaller spots (my wrists were hurting by then) instead of doing it myself. Figure tomorrow I'll go out with more kitty litter and cleaner, do the smaller spots, and try the very faded bigger spot to see if I can do any better with that one.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Great job!

Hubby and I recently went out to eat at Outback Steakhouse for our anniversary. We never eat out, obviously! lol! We had no clue what to do, and had to ask about everything. I've been to other restaurants in the past, and everyone seems to do things differently. How do you know what to do in these places?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: I know someone here knows about this, I just can't remember who. I started drawing my SS income, early-technically I am not old enough to retire (tell that to my body, LOL). Anyway, I just got a temp job, and I will be making more money than is allowed.

The job ends on Dec 30, and will not continue into next year. So I was thinking that I would cancel it but was just thinking I will only have two payments before I qualify again in January.

So when you pay it back how does that work, is it on your taxes or separate from that. I thought I would get a little info here before I call them.

Thanks.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Heckagirl, not sure what your question is about. I always ask a lot of questions when I get the menu.

Was something else going on? Like a special or something? Last time I was there it was a lobster special and our whole party had a lot of questions so I don't think that is unusual.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Question: For those in cold climes, what kind of winter jacket / coat do you have? IIRC, the last wool coat I had was in the early '80s. It was blah brown. Been down jackets and coats ever since.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Colordeagua, I had a long tan wool coat when I first moved here, SF Bay Area. I finally gave it to a coat drive because it really was never cold enough for it. Now I don't even have a coat, just a warm raincoat with removable lining and some jacket type coats that are not very heavy.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Have you ever lost a filling? I just lost one yesterday. It feels really sharp, but no pain so far.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Yes, heckagirl . Should be ok until you can get to dentist (Friday?). Get some anbesol and maybe ibuprofen just in case. Dh just said he waited 2 weeks years ago (before it started hurting).

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, I've lost a filling. TON of dental work done through the years. One dentist said I have a high pain tolerance. To which I said, "What pain?"

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Not me personally. About 10 years ago, sis and bil went on vacation and left their girls with me. Oldest niece had an appt to have 3 or 4 fillings done and I took her to it. Driving back home from the dentist office, I heard her spit and then, "Uh auntie?" Looked in the rear view mirror and she had two of the damn fillings in her hand. It'd been less than half an hour. Third one came out that night while she was sleeping. If I remember right, the only thing she complained about was her teeth felt "pokey." She had to go in the next week and have them redone.

Heh, that was also the week they stayed with me that she screamed, "Uh auntie!" and when I turned around to see what was wrong, she was gushing blood. She's always had bad bloody noses, but that was the first time I'd ever actually seen one. By the time it was over, it looked like someone had been murdered in my bathroom...me and Darren took one look at her, one look at the bathroom and he sent me away cuz I can't handle the sight of blood. By the time sis and bil came back, I was flinching everytime I heard, "Uh auntie," cuz nothing good at all was following that, lol.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Nose bleeds. Mucho experience with that. During my childhood, starting at a young age, nose would start bleeding out of the blue. Could start in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. Couldn't participate in gymnastics in HS PE classes because tumbling, etc. would start bleeds. Nose bleeds were often gushers. On April 2, 1964 I was in a car accident. Broke my nose. (That was the worst of my injuries.) Not a nosebleed since?!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I live in an extremely windy area and my go-to coats are my leather jackets. Wind can't get through. Only way to go for me.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I live in Michigan; I have one nice wool coat (covers my arse) that has a tartan wool lining (Barbour coat). It keeps me warm no matter what. For working outside, I have a Lands End squall jacket with "thinsulate" it's good for temps as low as -20, so it works like a charm as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: So do cell phones just get old and need to be replaced? I have been noticing that I am having to charge my phone all the time, I don't use it that much so was thinking maybe it is just getting old and I should get a new one, it's an Android.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Batteries lose their ability to hold charge after a while. Your phone might work with a new replacement battery but if the battery is old enough to die you're probably due a new phone.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Back to winter coats . . . through the years at times I have had Lands' End's Squall jackets / parkas. Thought of it this time. I want red. I like red and a blue-red looks good on me. Currently Lands' End Squalls have ugly striping on the inside of the neck. NO, thank you. I have their red down Shimmer parka on order.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt, I thought that might be the case.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
But, Dipo, while I agree it is probably time to replace the phone, if you like it, and it is doing well for what you need, and you are a frugal sort (which you may not be), then look at the battery and get the number and buy a new one on eBay. Even if it comes from China, it will be fine, just might take a couple weeks.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Dipo, but if you want to escape the cost of a new phone, I went to Battery's r us and for 30 bucks my phone is great, AT&T wanted to sell me one for 150 and said mine was toast' it wasn't, it just needed a battery...still using it now.