TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 22, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: This is good & easy: Archive through July 22, 2013 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well, yes, considering you put two pounds of frozen vegetables in it (funny how cauliflower (sp?) tastes so much better when it is surrounded by a cheesy broth.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, it was the cheese that was throwing me.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Thanks Costacat and Rslover! I had family over for dinner the other night and used them to give everyone their own queso. we were having mexican food and everyone seemed to enjoy having their own.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I created a really yummy soup this weekend. I added cooked sweet potatoes to Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, and gently whisked til it was pureed while it was heating up on the stove, and then added a dollop of milk for a creamier texture. YUM!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
You'll be surprised how often you use 'em, Mapl.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I made lasagna cupcakes last night with some homemade sauce I'd made the other day. Holy cow, so yummy! I found them on the internet and let me tell you, they're even easier to assemble (IMO) than a pan of lasagna. And get this, they're made with wonton wrappers and only take 20 minutes in a 375 degree oven! All you have to do for them to maintain their shape on the plate, is to let them sit for 5 minutes before popping them out of the muffin tins. I made the ricotta mixture and put it into a piping bag, so assembly was a breeze!

Panda

07-15-2005

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
wow those look yummy!!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Recipe, pretty please?? :-)

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
There's no recipe, just make them with your regular lasagna parts. Put the wonton wrapper in the bottom, then begin your layering as you would with a full sized lasagna. As I said, making the ricotta mixture and putting it into a piping bag made that part super simple.

You should be able to get 3 layers in, but I didn't pack them down like I should have, or I'd have more firm cupcakes. My 5 year old great niece Abby's only negative critique was that she liked more noodles! Interesting, because that's all I would do differently. I just used a whole wonton on the bottom and had only one other layer of them, and I'd cut them with a round cookie cutter. To have more "noodles", use the full sheet and pack things down and do 3 layers using the full wonton sheets each time. I think I'd fold the corners over on the middle layer just so the walls of them wouldn't be too thick.

They really aren't labor intensive at all, IMO! And the cheese is more prominent because there are fewer layers.

I made 24 cupcakes instead of 1 pan. It took one quart of my homemade sauce (had ground beef and ground italian sausage in it), an 8 oz block of whole milk mozzarella cut into little slices, and an 8 oz package of shredded mozzarella for the top. I put one maybe 1" x 1" slice of the mozarella into each one. And of course, some freshly ground parmasan cheese. I think if you're doing something yummy, don't go with that part-skim stuff or pre-grated cheese!!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
This quick, easy "Pink Salad" is a staple of my family's Thanksgiving"

1 tub cool whip
1 can eagle brand milk
mix these together & refrig. for at least 30 min.

stir in:
1 can cherry pie filling
1 can crushed pineapple (I like the lg sz)
1 sm bag of coconut
1 sm bag of min. marshmellows
1 med bag of chopped pecans

It's just not Thanksgiving without this dish. This is also a great dish to take to pot-luck dinners since it's very easy & folks just seem to eat it up.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
salad!? Sounds like a delicious dessert! :-) yum!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
We have pink salad at Thanksgiving and we also have green salad which is almost identical. Is that one of our Texas things Texasdeb?

Funny though, we never consider it dessert.

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Do you use green beans to make pink salad green salad?

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I made the pink salad this past Thanksgiving. It is VERY sweet. The 11 year old ate and ate and took it all home. The adults had some. LOL

Green salad? What do you use to make it green?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'll have to check with my Mom, but I am pretty sure it has pistachio in it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
At one time I had a "good & easy" recipe for a no-bake key lime pie. Can't find it. I've looked a little on the web. Not sure if I found it.

Store-bought graham cracker crust. In the recipe I had, needed large size crust for amount of key lime pie filling it made. IIRC, there was a can of sweetened condensed milk, 8 oz (?) cream cheese, and some amount of lime juice (Nellie & Joe's?). Don't remember if there was anything else. Most recipes I've found, also have three egg yolks. Don't recall that in recipe I had, but maybe . . . .

Anyone have a recipe?

Gidget

07-28-2002

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
How is this CD:

http://www.food.com/recipe/rich-creamy-no-bake-key-lime-pie-345349

(9 inch) graham cracker pie crust or 1 deep dish pie shell
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup key lime juice (I use bottled key lime juice)
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
1 -2 cup sweetened whipped cream or 1 -2 cup creme fraiche

Directions:
With an electric mixer, blend cream cheese, lime juice, and condensed milk until smooth. Add zest and mix just until combined. Pour filling into prepared crust. Chill pie at least 6 hours and up to 1 day. Serve topped with sweetened whipped cream or creme fraiche.

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Gidget, is that last ingredient on your list
half (1/2) a cup, or do you mean 1 to 2 cups??

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I guess it would probably be up to how much whipped cream you want on top of your pie. I don't think that ingredient goes into the pie, but on top.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I think it is 1 to 2 cups. A half-cup would not even give you a good dollop for each slice!

Gidget

07-28-2002

Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I don't know Holly. I found the recipe online and it seemed to include what Colordeagua remembered it should and didn't include what she thought it didn't. So I posted it, didn't make it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
That recipe sounds like too much cream cheese (double amount). And I don't remember anything about whipped cream / creme fraiche. There might have been eggs, but I'm not sure. One of these days soon I'll do some digging here for the recipe. Not on web -- in my collection of recipes.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Thank you Hukdonreality for the wonderful cupcake lasagna recipe! I was the only girl in my large Italian family who had never made lasagna because I don't really like the noodles. This recipe was tailor made for me! It was super easy and although my little oven was too high -I had to adjust that because the wontons were a little too edge crispy, they turned out great. My son even volunteered his pepper jack cheese when I ran low on mozzarella slices to make some extra spicy ones for him! I can make those for him, less cheesy ones for my mom, and meatless ones for my veggie friend! It's the perfect dish

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I served this last night to my book club to rave reviews:

Ground Meat Stroganoff

1 lb ground meat (any kind)
1/2 c onion, chopped (I use frozen straight out of the bag)
1 clove garlic, minced (OR 1 t garlic salt OR 1/4 t garlic powder)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c sour cream (I didn't use fat free but don't know why that wouldn't work for you, unless it would give you a thinner product)
4 oz can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1 pkg. brown gravy mix
1 1/2 c sturdy pasta (like macaroni or rotelli)

Put pasta on to cook.

Brown meat and add the onions when the meat is thoroughly brown. AFTER the onons are translucent, drain the mixture if there appears to be excess moisture or grease (depends on the meat used.)

Add everything else to the pot and bring it up to a simmer.

Drain the pasta and stir it into the meat mixture.

I held this for over an hour in a crockpot on "warm," but it can be served whenever you are ready -

Debra

11-19-2003

Monday, July 22, 2013 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Sounds yummy Tnt. Thanks