TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 08, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: It's the little things....: Archive through November 08, 2014 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lovely!!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Beautiful pictures!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Looks to have been a lovely day, Teach! Your mom is cute!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Gracias! :-) Today was a day of little things - Carrefour (since we don't have them in the states) and lunch in San Pedro at the best paella restaurant. We were daring and tried the Paella Arroz Negro which had shrimp, squid and baby octopus with the rice in the squid ink. It was fabulous!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
My house - finally houseguest free. Had an aquaintance whom I'd not seen in 28 years come to MI from CO. She's looking at property within 10 miles of our house and asked where she could stay in the area. I volunteered our extra room - NOT knowing she was coming for a WEEK!!!

She arrived less than 48 hours after I returned from Spain, and I have had zero "alone" time all week - from school to home where this person talked the first night for 6 hours straight (no lie or exaggeration - not one other person in the house said anything other than "Yes" or "Wow" or other indications of listening!) Add to that the fact that she is VERY opinionated, cuts people off constantly after they've said only 3 or 4 words, and has criticized not only the temperature at which we maintain our home (we turned it up knowing we like it cold!) but also the way we eat (too many veggies for her protein loving ways, never mind that DH has high kidney proteins and is very restricted in how much he's allowed) -- and I was ready to run away from home by Tuesday!

It's been an exhausting week, and I am so happy to have my living room to myself. She actually left a night early b/c we're supposed to be getting ice tonight, and she didn't want a long drive early tomorrow morning to make her plane.

This is win-win for me - a free living room AND I get to sleep in tomorrow since I won't need to be up to see her off.

(Sorry there was negative in there - but it just made the sweet part that much sweeter tonight! :-) )

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Teach, I'm happy for you. I can't imagine how draining and exhausting that visit must have been!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh wow, you poor thing. But, of course, it is just more evidence of the phenomenon that no good deed ever goes unpunished.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ungrateful houseguests -- the WORST!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Oh dear! Guess that means you won't want me to stop by when I am in MI next year to check off my very last un-visited state!

I am currently looking at a Road Scholar program in/on Mackinac Island. I will probably drive because all the airfares that I have looked at were outrageous!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'd love to have you, TNT! As long as it's for 2 or 3 nights, not an entire week. That way, if we're in school I can take a day off and we can play! :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I enjoy Facebook talk among 13 year olds.

The one girl posted some standard teen thing about laying on your back while texting and dropping the phone on your face.

The friend posted: "Remember the time I did that with your snow globe".

Original poster : "Yes, hahahahahahaha"

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 4:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Teach! We'll see how it rolls! What part of MI are you in?

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
We're on the West side - only about 10 minutes from Lake Michigan. If you take 31 north up the coast to the Island rather than 75 it's a prettier route and goes close to us. It takes slightly longer, but the scenery and coastline is worth it. :-)

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Does that go anywhere near the Bear Dunes that I have heard about?

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
If you take 31 north, it will take you right into Empire which is where the Sleeping Bear Dunes are located. Empire is about two hours north of us and probably 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. southwest of the Mackinac Bridge. The Silver Lake Dunes are about 15 minutes from us, and (IMHO) are every bit as pretty.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Sounds great -

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Snow days...two in one week, and it was a Monday and a Friday! Love it because 1) I love snow, and Michigan has not had good snow the last 2 years, and 2) having two long weekends in a row is fabulous! Today was particularly appreciated because our union's executive board (of which I'm secretary) had a meeting w/our new superintendent and 2 board members to discuss "issues" this week Wednesday.

Our Pres and Vice-Pres. both were sick, so I ended up being the one who had to present our 2 page list, and we all came away feeling that, although hearing occurred, true listening - and thus hope of change - did not. It's nice to be away from work and not dealing with anything other than some AP papers and tests today. :-)

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, March 03, 2013 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Yesterday, as I was preparing to run my card through to pay for my $32 worth of groceries, a store employee stepped in. He was blocking the card slot and said "This is your lucky day." Huh? I asked what he meant, and he said he was going to pay for my groceries. "Really? Why?" A female customer who was celebrating her 30th birthday had bought a $100 gift card and asked the manager to pay for some people's groceries with it. He still had a balance after paying mine and was off to pick another random shopper to surprise. What a lovely and generous gesture that was from that young lady! I am so happy to have been chosen for one of her random acts of kindness. :-)

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, March 03, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Mak, that was really awesome of her to do that! What a nice surprise for you and some other shoppers!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, March 03, 2013 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
What a fantastic idea! ***tucking this away for next year's birthday***

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
What a great idea!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
There was a car/pedestrian accident near where I live.

The woman was crossing the intersection around 10:00 at night and was struck.

The driver stopped, got out of the car, saw her lying there, jumped back into the car and left.

Witnesses tended to her till the police and ambulance got there . She had two broken legs and head injuries.

It is the little things:

1. The lady that got hit was crossing against the light, the car had the right of way. She should have waited.

2. Since the woman was at fault, if the driver hadn't taken off he would probably not have been charged with anything.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, November 07, 2014 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I've played piano for my dad for 35 years. He's a music teacher, and I've accompanied his choirs since age 10 as well as played for musicals both in the high schools where he's taught and community theaters.

He's retiring after 45 years of teaching this year, so I'm currently rehearsing with him. His students are doing In the Heights - a totally fun, upbeat, swinging good time, especially as the entire pit is made up of adults (the music is HARD!).

Here's the little thing -- after rehearsal Wed. night we were chatting, and he asked what I was doing May 19. Since it's a Tuesday in the school year, I said, "Nothing." He asked f I would accompany his choirs for his last ever concert. I was so touched and thrilled!

I'm definitely a lucky person to not only have my parents still around, but to have a close relationship with both of them. Sharing music with my dad is extra special.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 08, 2014 - 2:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just treasure it, Teach.. and I know he will as well.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, November 08, 2014 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It will be a very special day,Teach.