TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 02, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: NFL Football Pool Game XIII: TVCH Style: General Discussions: Archive through November 02, 2016 users admin

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
OK. I got the picks all entered. Please check to make sure I entered them right. I will finish tabulating shortly.

I'm sorry if I came off harsh in the above post. Work has really taken a toll on me, and I might have taken it out on you. We lost our graveyard person, so our manager is pulling double shifts to cover graveyard (the shift that relieves me). Sometimes she's still there when I get to work at 2. Which means she hasn't even been home yet to get some sleep to do it all again to relieve me again that night. She never gets there at 10 (when my shift is scheduled to be over). I am usually lucky if she makes it in by midnight. Honestly, I think I let it mentally exhaust me with the open-ended uncertainty of when my shift will actually be over for the night. There's always a chance she herself is so exhausted she won't even wake up to her own alarm, and end up sleeping through the whole night. I'm still waiting for that day to happen.

So for the last few weeks, my life has been:
Get up, get ready, drive an hour to work
Work 10+ hours on my feet, with one 10 min break to sit down.
Drive an hour back home. Sometimes in so much pain it hurts to touch my foot to the gas pedal. That also means I've had an hour to stiffen up, which makes my walk into the house excruciating.
Let the dog out, fix a late night meal/snack for me, feed the dog, let her back out, then lay down and try to sleep.
Toss/turn in pain, battling Restless Legs, etc. Maybe, if I'm lucky, get to sleep by 5 or 6 am.
Wake up to alarm at 11am, let dog out, feed dog, get ready for work. Leave by 12:30-ish. Drive an hour to work....

Rinse/Repeat for 5 days.

By Wed, I am so wiped out, I sleep most of the day. I get up sometime in the AM when the dog asks to go out, walk painfully down the hallway to do so. Come back and take some Advil, and go back to bed. Today, I actually slept till 2PM. I'm just now hitting my stride for the day, and finally able to move around without feeling like I've been run over a dozen times by a fleet of busses.

I keep hoping I'll have some time to boot up the computer when I come home and enter what picks have been submitted so far. But I'll admit each night I am so exhausted I let the procrastinator in me take over and say, "oh, just do it tomorrow." Then I end up playing catchup. That part is my fault. And I apologize it makes you all wait for results.

I understand and appreciate that some have offered to help me. The problem for me is, it takes a bit of time (at the start of the season) to set up the workbook I use. And I feel like it would take as much time to explain the minute details of the workbook to someone as it would for me to just get it done myself. I hope that makes sense.

Sorry for the long-winded post. I'm not trying to get anyone to feel sorry for me or anything. I'm just trying to ask for a little patience, and to bear with me. This game is still very important to me, and I love running it. And hopefully we'll get a graveyard person hired soon, and I can go back to getting home before midnight again .

OK, now off to go finish tabulating...

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
WHAT TO DO IF YOU CAN'T SUBMIT PICKS

You have a few options to pick from. With each option, I suggest you set up the info now, so if the board goes down, or yours or my internet goes down, we have other options to use when it happens. With each option, make sure you identify yourself to me, so I know you are a legit person setting up the contact info:

1. PM me here now, and I'll give you my phone number, you can text me your picks. In your PM, please let me know what number you plan on texting me from, so I can add you in my contacts. Don't worry, I don't give out personal info to anyone else without your permission/knowledge.

2. Friend ME. If you haven't already friended me on Facebook, do so now. THIS should be a link to my profile on FB. My real name is Marianne, and my profile pic is the blue eye of my dog Gidget. Once we are friends, you can PM me your picks through FB.

3. E-mail me. My e-mail is in my profile here. Be warned though, I don't get to see all my e-mails as easily as I used to, cause it's the only address I have now, and it is flooded with SPAM. Which means I have more of a chance to miss important e-mails.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Results for Week 4 are now posted in the Weekly Results folder.

Congrats to the following players/teams who made it to the podium this week:

WEEK 4: INDIVIDUAL
Gold: Rwmoore001
Silver: Sportsfam
Bronze: Donnelaith

WEEK 4: TEAMS
Gold: Blue Collar
Silver: Kickin' Chicks
Bronze: TroopDads

And congrats to the current leaders in the Season Average Rankings:

SEASON AVERAGE: INDIVIDUAL
1. Jacjar1
2. Lancecrossfire
3. Riviere
4. Wahmmy
5. Pamy

SEASON AVERAGE: TEAMS
1. Blue Collar
2. WamPamTYMam
3. Kickin' Chicks
4. TroopDads
5. Maybe Next Year

Congrats to all!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow that is a rough schedule, Who. I hope it gets better for you soon!

Jacjar1

09-20-2015

Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jacjar1 a private message Print Post    
Bad week but ill take it...who would of thunk it Pats shutout by Bills?

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 2:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
So uh, you know how I said I've been putting in around 50 hours a week? Well, last night I clocked out at 54 hours, looking forward to two days off, and a chance to catch up on sleep/rest today (my today now, your yesterday, LOL).

Well, I got a call from work today, and they needed coverage for someone who's dental appointment didn't go well. So back in I went today (after stopping by the auto shop to have a new battery installed, since the last 3 Fridays I've had to get jump started after my "weekend).

Just got home. Clocked out at 62 hours for the week (and don't forget those 2 total hours of driving each day!).

Long story short. Will get the results up after I've gotten some sleep. Let's all hope they don't call me in again on my last day off!

I already know I'm now scheduled for just one day off next week.

Sigh. I'm too old for this.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 2:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Who, get some proper rest. This game should be the least of your worries. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree! hope you get lots of good rest and have an enjoyable day off!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Results for Week 5 are now posted in the Weekly Results folder.

WEEK 5: INDIVIDUAL
Gold: Donnelaith
Silver: Mamie316
Bronze: Jacjar1

WEEK 5: TEAMS
Silver: Lancecrossfire
Bronze: El Ninos

1. Jacjar1
2. Donnelaith
3. Riviere
4. Lancecrossfire
5. Mamie316

1. Blue Collar
2. WamPamTYMam
3. Maybe Next Year
4. Final Three
5. Three Queens

Congrats to all!

Jacjar1

09-20-2015

Friday, October 14, 2016 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jacjar1 a private message Print Post    
Whoami You are too good to us!!

Thanks for all the work to make this fun...Especially waking me up just before the first kick off and reminding me it was that time of the year.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, October 14, 2016 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LOL I think the week 5 teams silver should be Team Quake instead of Lance. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, October 14, 2016 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Aw come on Scooter. Let's give it to Lance!!! :-)

I can't believe we did so well this week. When looking at the results, I've been starting at the bottom and looking up the list.

This is such a fun game. Thanks again for running it, Who!!!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 2:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
HEADS UP!

There is an early am game telecast from London on Sunday. I gave it it's own deadline, so our players could still have time to get the normal afternoon games picked as well.

Mungus

02-16-2012

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mungus a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up Whoami!!! much appreciated :-)

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
OK. I think I am finally all caught up.

I had to revise the results for Week 5, since I charted the wrong winner of Game 11. So that changed everyone's scores. So....here we go for the "kudos" from both weeks 5 and 6.

Revised results for Week 5 are now posted in the Weekly Results folder. Congrats to the following players/teams who made it to the podium for Week 5:

WEEK 5: INDIVIDUAL (REVISED)
Gold: Donnelaith
Silver: Hostrauser
Bronze: Nightcrawler

WEEK 5: TEAMS (REVISED)
Silver: El Ninos
Bronze: Maybe Next Year

And congrats to the current leaders in the Season Average Rankings through Week 5:

WEEK 5: INDIVIDUAL (REVISED)
1. Jacjar1
2. Donnelaith
3. Lancecrossfire
4. Riviere
5. Lexie_Girl

WEEK 5: TEAMS (REVISED)
1. Blue Collar
2. WamPamTYMam
3. Maybe Next Year
4. Kickin' Chicks
5. El Ninos

And congrats to the following players/teams who made it to the podium for Week 6:

WEEK 6: INDIVIDUAL
Gold: Rwmoore001
Silver: Jacjar1
Bronze(tie): Nino
Bronze(tie): Scooterrific

WEEK 6: TEAMS
Gold: El Ninos
Silver: Panda Bears
Bronze: Three Queens

And congrats to the current leaders in the Season Average Rankings through Week 6:

1. Jacjar1
2. Donnelaith
3. Riviere
4. Rwmoore001
5. Lancecrossfire

1. Blue Collar
2. El Ninos
3. WamPamTYMam
4. TroopDads
5. Maybe Next Year

Congrats to everyone!

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Congrats to the winners!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Surprise! I actually had tonight off! I'll be posting this week's results shortly. But first I want to address how I'll be scoring Game# 14 (SEA/ARI) since it resulted in a tie. It affects both how many points we get for picking a winner, and for guessing the point spread.

Picking a winner: We have the option to either have nobody getting any points, since nobody picked a winner, or getting half points for getting it half right cause our pick didn’t lose the game. I’ve chosen to give everyone 20 points for getting it half right.

Point Spread: According to my spreadsheet and the formula plugged in, nobody got any points for BQ1 since there was no point spread. But I didn’t see that as correct. After all, if you guessed 5 points, then you were only 5 points off of the actual point spread of zero. So you should get 10 points for BQ1. So I finagled the formula on the spreadsheet to trick it into calculating the points that way.

I hope this meets everyone’s approval.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
sounds great!!! TY so much!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Results for Week 7 are now posted in the Weekly Results folder.

WEEK 7: INDIVIDUAL
Gold: Galen
Silver: Nickovtyme
Bronze: Donnelaith

WEEK 7: TEAMS
Silver: Kickin' Chicks
Bronze: Final Three

1. Jacjar1
2. Donnelaith
3. Riviere
4. Mamie316
5. Lexie_Girl

1. Blue Collar
2. WamPamTYMam
3. El Ninos
4. Final Three
5. Kickin' Chicks

Congrats to all!

Fieldshowqueen

09-15-2015

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fieldshowqueen a private message Print Post    
I want a season do-overs. Please. Thank you.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Congrats Galen and Blue Collar!

Galen

08-31-2009

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Galen a private message Print Post    
That was an unexpected win! :-)

Diesel_dan

08-12-2008

Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Diesel_dan a private message Print Post    
Well done teammate.

Mungus

02-16-2012

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mungus a private message Print Post    
... and another Tie game in OT this week. That hasn't happened since 1997 ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_tied_games

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Should we post the list of games since it's already Wednesday afternoon and Who hasn't had time to do it?