TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 02, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 02, 2016 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thanks for listening to me rant. I truly appreciate it.

Switzerland also has chocolate. What's not to like?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Just great, now I MUST go see the Matterhorn. I wonder if I can make that the same trip when I finally go to see Mont Ste. Michelle in France?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
It's kind of a long trip, Juju. distance

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
But relatively easy to make by train. The ability to get around Europe by train is probably the one thing I miss, besides the food, the most from my four years in Germany.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Mack, my husband was stationed in Germany for a couple years when he was in the Army and he has said the same thing. Anytime they had a couple days off, him and his buddies hopped on a train and went. I know he mostly stayed in Germany since he didn't have more than a couple days off at a time(if he was on leave, he was coming home,) but he loved being able to easily explore Germany.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
LOL, Jmm, thanks! And thanks, Mack!!! Train it is!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Eurail Pass

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I love the twists and turns our "conversations" can take...from me being frustrated by my baby daddy to Eurail passes! LOVE IT!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear, the two worst commercials that I see for the election I can't even vote on, LOL. I keep seeing stuff for Cook-Callio, and I even saw one of those signs they stick in the lawn next door, and the other one is Honda, I think that is his name.

Anyway, I even went back and checked my sample ballot and neither are on it, so I wonder why I have to be subjected to their commercials, LOL!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We get all the LA political are on tv.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, it was Ro Khanna, so Seamonkey are you saying these two are LA candidates?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No.. we get LA stations in Orange County.. so we hear LA ads. I ff ignore..

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 3:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Halloween was a bust here relatively speaking. Went from 100+ kids last year to maybe 15-20 this year. We set up our traditional end of the cul de sac one-stop six house candy table and all the adults settled to chat and hand out candy. Two big groups of kids and a couple here and there before 8 PM then nobody. Weather was perfect so it being a school night must have really put a damper on kids being out.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I noticed that too. My church is adjacent to the biggest Halloween neighborhood in my small town so we always run a hay ride (park in our parking lot and we will take you to the neighborhood) to cut down on traffic. We actually had a ton of people in our parking lot but it sure looked like the neighborhood had less than usual, and they all went home early (YEA!). It was a lovely night to ride on a hay trailer though!

One of the highlights of the Creekview Halloween is that an Elvis impersonator lives in the middle of the neighborhood and every year he sets up in his front yard and does a performance, kisses babies, takes selfies with people...people bring their lawn chairs and sit and watch him while their children run the neighborhood...it is always such fun and he's pretty darned good.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We had lots of kids this year (probably 100+). Guess it just depends on the neighborhood.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...I say there were less...I would estimate that there were a minimum of 500 - probably lots more.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Wow! 500! Never ever in my whole life have I had that number even when I was young and living in an area with other young families. We've lived here long enough that the children who were 5 to 8 when we moved here 13 years ago are now young adults and beyond their trick or treat days. We've also had very little turnover and the few house sales have not been to younger families. Not exactly a retirement community but a lot quieter than it was a few years ago.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow that is a lot of kids, LOL.

On another note, apparently people are very upset that the Starbucks holiday cups are green. It amazes me that people have the time to be upset about this, LMAO.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
When we lived in Houston, we lived in a close-in upper middle class neighborhood surrounded by lower income areas. We would buy as much candy as we thought reasonable and turn out the porch light when it ran out. 600 was not unusual.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
We live in a trailer park. A side road. We never get trick-or-treaters.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I was giving out full size bags of M&M's.

I got 5 kids.

I now am stuck with a whole lot of M&Ms

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have lived here for 9 years and in all that time only one child has ever come trick or treating.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
We had around 150-200 kids here. I had gone to the store Saturday and worried that I didn't have enough candy, so I picked up one more big bag. So glad I did cuz I would have run out.

I heard a lot of people here in town say they had very few trick or treaters this year. One of the reasons here, I think, is that a lot of the churches do trunk or treat and it's easier and safer (especially with younger children) to do that than go door to door. My kids and my oldest niece are too old for trick or treating, middle niece is at that "Eh, whatever," stage (almost 13) so sis and bil took her and my little niece to our house, our uncles house, and then went to the church for trunk or treat. I guess little niece enjoyed it, she got lots of candy and played some games and there were other children she knew she could run around with.

We tend to get a bunch of kids because we're fairly close to one neighborhood that goes all out. In fact, both my kids went out last night with friends and both complained if they knew how busy the streets between that neighborhood and home was, they'd have taken an alternate route to get home.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 1:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't participate, don't turn on my light.. only got two doorbell rings.

But I've never lived where there were lots of trick or treaters, except when I was a kid in Detroit, then there were tons of kids out.

Dad even ran a contest for best home made costume one year.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
We had around 300 kids. We get lots of families who 'drive in' from other neighborhoods to trick or treat. I will give candy to anyone who shows up at my door in a costume and who says trick or treat.