TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 26, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 26, 2016 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ahhh, just now talking about it on the news. Twitter says it is still spotty but they are working on it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, that site downrightnow.com mentioned Netflix and paypal as "likely service disruption"

Someone posted in BB area mentioning downrightnow so I figured there must be a downrightnow.com and sure enough.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But with Twitter having issues, downrightnow says their status info might be temporarily incomplete.

They list the last disruption for quite a few sites.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If unclericky was down at work, that would make sense that CBS would be out or would have been. I've been preparing for the plumber.. as in trying to make my bathroom at least somewhat presentable, and darting out to walk at least 250 steps each hour, so I hadn't been online even though I was home.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
GrubHub is down, too, so I can't order my lunch to be delivered and it's too darn hot to venture outside. I'll have to get some chips from the vending machine. Drat!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If you know the actual IP address of the site you are trying to access you can get there.

The DNS servers are down... which means that the service that tells the url name (for example tvclubhouse.com) which IP address to go to, is what's not working.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
There is a new store about to open up near me.

It will sell 'rolled ice cream'.

Has anybody every had rolled ice cream. Is it good?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'm such a dummkopf about all that stuff, Karuuna. Thank you for this info. I'm off to hunt down GrubHub's IP address...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Hope it worked for you, FWIW, GrubHub seems to be back online.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I think we are getting a store like that too.. I think it is a bit like Stone Creek Creamery where they pound stuff into icecream.. you choose what to include, like nuts, sprinkles etc.

But it might be more ethnic too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ok, not really.. it is actually rolled and it is Asian and it is trendy, I see with a google search..

https://www.bing.com/search?q=rolled+ice+cream ...

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sea. It looks good in those pictures.

I don't know anything about Stone Creek Creamery to compare it to, when it comes.

We are heading into a cold Winter. Not a good time for an ice cream store. I hope they sell cocoa too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The timing does seem a bit off.

Cold Stone (lol.. I said it wrong) originated in Arizona, I think, but we have it here in California and have for some time. That is more they throw the chosen ice cream on a cold stone (or slab) and pound it and then include your toppings.

The rolled ice cream place here might be Thai... according to the owner of our Curves which is two three doors down. Coming out of Curves we have a pizza place next door. The place with the ice cream was recently a cupcake store. Never went in there.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Do you ever get so angry that your head just wants to blow up? As some of you may know, my daughter and her father haven't spoken in several years...it all started with her not responding to a Merry Christmas and him responding in a threatening and ugly text calling her all sorts of names...fast forward a few years and a détente was somewhat called but their contact was intermittent, and apparently in the last few years it was nothing. She did agree to invite him to her high school graduation and I told him the invitation was coming (I got his address last minute so I put it in the mail on a Friday IN THE SAME CITY AS WHERE HE LIVES and her graduation was on a Tuesday...he was a no-show. Later on he claimed he didn't get the invitation in time (I suspect he just forgot and didn't check his mail).

Fast forward to a few weeks ago where she wrote him a letter and asked me to mail it to him. I will admit to reading it but honestly it was a very sweet letter and I mailed it on to him and sent him a text letting him know it was coming. She mentioned last week that she hadn't heard from him so I sent him a text asking if he had gotten her letter. I got this response from him last night...

"Not sure how I want to respond. No I have not read it yet. After this Graduation stuff and 3 years of not talking to me or telling me why. The hypocritical child of God can kiss my ass."

Hello. Perhaps if you read the letter you would know why she didn't talk to you for 3 years. Okay. My daughter is 19. And texts work both ways. She was a kid and although her actions were not great his were worse and I have always felt it was up to him to be the adult. I am so furious and saddened for her that I am without words. If his mother was alive she would be so ashamed of his behavior.

As far as I am concerned he is dead. Not I just have to figure out what to tell my daughter if she asks about him again. So far I'm not going to tell he anything - she is at college and making good choices so I am not going to upset her with this...OH BUT I AM PISSED!!!

Sorry, just had to vent.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry that he's being difficult, Roxip. It's so hard to see our kids hurt time and time again by some people in their lives.

My daughter finally found a way that works for her in her relationship with her father, she says that when she finally quit expecting anything from him she was much happier. If he chooses to let a year or so go by between contact or visits, she's ok with that.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Roxip, your baby/child has turned into an adult with you barely even noticing it. It appears you have done a very good job of keeping yourself out of the middle thus far. With your child probably already an adult now, or at least capable of adult reasoning on occasion, your work is probably already done. You are always in her corner, no matter where she goes with the relationship with her father, and the divorce was in NO WAY at all her fault. When she fully knows those things, she has the tools to do what is right for her in her life. And she probably already knows them now. Step back, and let your adult child take over.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree.. maybe stop being a go-between.. she will have to process this relationship or lack thereof and hopefully he will grow up someday.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
She is an adult - barely - and I for the most part stay out of their relationship (I had to learn that several years ago). I only contacted him because I thought - stupidly so - that he would be happy that she was reaching out to him. I will definitely not be contacting him again. If she asks I will advise her to do the same...nobody needs to continuously be rejected by their parent.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think it was stupid... it is human nature to hope that someone will mature, especially a parent.

As they say "hope springs eternal".

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He's missing out on an amazing kid...his loss for sure!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I guess I would not advise her to stop contacting him, I think she should always leave the door open. What I would advise is that she write him a letter explaining that she will leave any future contact up to him and provide the relevant information to contact her. But, I would not read the letter. It is hers to write and send. She needs to do what is best for her and leaving the door open may be just that.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
What Kookliebird said. I would steer strictly toward Switzerland - neutral. YOU will not be interfering or contacting him on her behalf, as you do not intend to contact him any further at all. She may do as she sees fit, now that she is an adult and can make those decisions for herself. If she decides to contact him and decides he is wonderful for a while, YOU are still in Switzerland. How very nice for her and what does she have planned for this weekend, etc. Character will prove itself in the long run.

Stay in Switzerland.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Obviously writing letters doesn't affect him, since the letter she wrote and I sent for her earlier this month he refuses to open (something he has a habit of doing - he used to leave Christmas presents from his grandparents wrapped in our bedroom closet for years).

I have for years told her to leave the door open...even knowing what a verbally abusive person he could be and finding out after the fact that he verbally abused her when I wasn't around (he lived in my spare bedroom for three years a while back).

Sadly, I would like nothing better than for him to be the father that she wants him to be. Nothing would make me happier. I take no joy in their estrangement because I know she is the one who pays the price. I also feel very sad for him (when I'm not wanting to take a baseball hat to his head). He is 54 years old and he can't let go of his past enough to appreciate what he has in the here and now. He is doing to her exactly what he used to complain about his grandfather doing to him - cutting her out of his life. Oh well, I know I am blessed to have her in my life...and I'll just be content with that.

SWITZERLAND SIGNING OUT!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, Switzerland can be a very lovely place. I have not made it there yet, and don't know if I ever will. I still have a LOT of other places we need to get to. But, if I make it to Switzerland, I will look you up there, Roxip.

Oh, and I guess you can say one kind thing about the ex. He helped you create the lovely daughter. And yes, I do get your point that it is a shame he is so damaged that he can't have a normal relationship with his own daughter, and it is his loss, and her pain. Still, you can't change him, and your daughter has you, and you likely have taught her well. And that is enough.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Matterhorn