TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 21, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 21, 2016 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, too funny. I have noticed a lot more calls, of course I don't answer, and they hang up. But I notice when it picks up.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
The Do Not Call List or Registry is virtually useless and particularly against scammers. They're already breaking the law so being in violation of Do Not Call is the least of their worries. Blocking the numbers they call from is also useless. They use spoofed or randomly generated numbers and usually only use them once. In essence you wind up with a whole bunch of blocks numbers that they'll never use again so you've blocked nothing.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
The Do Not Call registry has always been pretty useless (because the Federal Trade Commission, an agency with no real investigators, was the enforcement agency), but it seems we had a sweet period of about twenty years where the scammers didn't know that. So, thank heaven for small favors.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Now that I think about it after all the announcements a few years ago about signing up on the Do Not Call Registry you rarely hear anything about it now. I checked and technically it still exists and you can still sign up but other sites express frustration with the effectiveness.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I get calls on my land line just about every day from one who says they are with the Pioneer phone company trying to collect debt info, and the other is from one who says they are with municipal court. same message left every time

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
About seven or eight years ago we started getting a series of debt collector calls. Try as we might we couldn't convince the debt collectors neither of us weren't the person they were looking for and that we'd never heard of the person. Indeed we did get a call from a court clerk.....I actually double checked and called the clerk back to make sure it absolutely was a court.....and she was looking for the same person. Very helpful and friendly person and it turned out, as best either of us could tell, that the only information they had listed connected to us was the wrong phone number. The last known address of the debtor was nowhere close to ours and ours was not in her list of potential addresses. Bottom line was simply wrong number and she noted that for the record. Never heard another thing about it, even the debt collectors stopped calling.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I would have about 100 back braces by now if I called back the shipping department that needed information on where to send the brace.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc.. you could have gone into the back brace business!

Now if you get calls wanting an address for delivery of oh a big diamond ring, or a new Tesla.. go for it!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I got in an e-mail this morning about a missed international delivery, can't rightly recall, think it was Fedex. So I turned on full headers to examine details about the sender, and the sender e-mail address ended in .ru. .ca is Canada .au is Australia. .ja is Japan. Guess what .ru is?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Juju, it is the Russian Federation.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Sea, the back brace is a scam. I never ordered the brace. They catch older people who think that some kind relative ordered them a brace.

I am sure a bill arrives with the brace.

I wouldn't mind a free diamond or Tesla.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I was walking over to catch the free bus to Kaiser and all of a sudden the top of my foot started hurting to the degree it made me limp. At first I thought it was my ankle.

What could cause this, it was fine all day, and I didn't drop anything on it or trip or anything, it is so weird.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
tendon?

I get sudden pains in my thumb and one part of a toe that I figure is arthritis maybe

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmm, how do you pull a tendon on the top of your foot, LOL? I figured out it only hurts when I flex my foot.

I put on an ankle support, I have then from when I used to fall off my ankles all the time, and I have been walking around and it does seem to feel better.

Oh and I took some advil, hahahaah. And Seamonkey, I get that in my one thumb as well and it is definitely arthritis.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
JMM, maybe it is the Russian Figments?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Could be, Juju. I didn't know that you had such International figments. LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There's a massive cyberattack in the US... anyone having trouble?

Paypal is not one of the sites listed, but it won't come up for me. Can anyone else try? Thanks!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, I can't get into Paypal, nor Twitter (but I could get into Facebook). Where was it reported that the cyberattack is going on?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks for checking, UncleRicky, my Twitter is down also.

Saw it on CNN...but they said it was on the east coast and over.

I'm in Colorado, and it's not over.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/21/technology/ddos-attack-popular-sites/index.html

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Here's another article from USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2016/10/21/cyber-attack-takes-down-east-coast-netflix-spotify-twitter/92507806/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
More updated, there is a fresh wave of attack on the West Coast apparently:

http://gizmodo.com/this-is-probably-why-half-the-internet-shut-down-today-1788062835

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I can't log into Twitter on my work computer, but it's working fine when I access it via my iPhone.

Thank you for all the links!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I imagine that's through a different DNS server (for your phone).

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm in Chicago area at home on computer. Twitter, Paypal, and Facebook are working.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am West Coast, twitter and cbs and Comcast working for me, but my fav tinykitten cams are down.

Oh Facebook is working also.