TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 18, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 18, 2016 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Here is a free app, that helps keep pedestrians safe, so if you walk at night, or in San Francisco ever, you might want to put it on your phone.

http://pedsafe.net/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 09, 2016 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I saw a photo online with a tweet, no documenting where or what.... but I thought the quote was funny. It was like one of those church placques that have saying out at the end of the driveway.

Next time you're afraid to share ideas remember someone once said in a meeting, Let's make a film with a tornado full of sharks.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, September 09, 2016 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Ha, that is funny.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 09, 2016 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 09, 2016 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love it! LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
HOly crap, I may be getting a contract job that will run thru the end of the year! At my top rate, which I never thought I would get, now I have to find out if there is a maximum I can earn and still collect my SS!

AND, darnit, I really didn't think this would get approved so wasn't concerned, this will screw up my Big Brother, LOL.

Keep hoping it won't be as big a job as my friend thinks and that I won't have to go into her office very often.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, Dipo!!! It's only a few months. Unless you really get sucked back in.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yesterday and today a bird has been flying up against the windows of my boss's office in the morning. He basically slams himself against the windows and flaps his wings against them. Sometimes he will perch on the metal frame of the window and just sit there. It is so weird. I feel like that woman in The Birds...I am wondering if I accidentally hit his cousin or something and he's coming to get me!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Lol Roxip, those kamikaze birds fly right in front of cars.

A place I worked a few years ago had these huge ugly buzzards that would fly and occasionally walk around the building. They would also perch on the window ledges outside our floor. This was in the middle of the city. Someone said they were turkey buzzards.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
This office backs up to a nature preserve in the middle of the City of Richardson and it has been lovely - there are hawks that fly past our windows (we are on the 4th floor - when I was on the 5th floor I was near the corner and watching the birds of prey maneuver around the corner of the building was breathtaking) and a little runoff creek right below our windows...but these kamikaze birds are freaking me out!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Roxip, the bird probably sees something inside that he is trying to attack. Probably something that looks like another bird.

Can you block off the window for awhile to give the bird time to forget about it?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
If he's wanting to attack anything then it's me! YIKES!

I don't think that I can block off the window. He didn't visit this morning so maybe he's found somewhere else to go in the mornings.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
He may be seeing a reflection of himself.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That is what I suspect. Perhaps he has lost his flock and is looking or another...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, I got my California Ballot! It is huge and heavy, LOL.

Where I live is not big enough for a polling place so we are always by mail only.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
LOL, Dipo, did you get the California voter information guide last week? The thing is freaking huge!

Roxip, I am terrified of birds (seriously, I know it's ridiculous but I can't help it, lol.) I'm positive that when they see me they are secretly plotting to get me. There can be 100 people out and every bird I see is going to be aiming straight for me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Really huge!!

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
My mailbox.....overflow. Lol

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I would agree he is probably seeing his reflection and coming in to fight for territory. After he crashes into the window he might be stunned or peering into the window trying to figure out where that other bird went.

This is behavior one sees more often in the spring where I live, but perhaps you live in a warmer climate and have more breeding seasons than we do in NW WA state. I would associate that behavior more with breeding season.

JujuOrnithologist

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Been meaning to report how disappointed I am that Steve Martin, my favorite "IRS agent" from Mumbai, isn't going to be calling me anymore. Steve, and other great agents with similar familiar sounding names, have been running a scam where they call and threaten people with arrest if they don't pay back taxes and penalties. Saw a TV news report that their office in Mumbai had been raided and several of them carted off to jail. Surprising was that authorities estimate they'd scammed close to $40 million off of US, Canadian, and Australian taxpayers. Additionally surprising was that they had convinced people to pay in a number of ways from money transfers to credit cards to iTunes credits! The bad news is they don't think they caught the actual bosses so there's a chance another Steve Martin will be calling me soon.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Oh no, I will miss answering the phone and hearing that grim voice saying "Hello".

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well I guess you will always have something to look forward to...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahaha, too funny. I am so glad to hear that they were picked up in Mumbai.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Haha, this reminds me of an experience I had about a year ago. I started a gofundme for a man who owns a small little market near my home who was assaulted during a robbery. Long story short, we raised over $20,000 for him.. I was contacted by a gentleman by email who wanted to make a "large donation" outside of gofundme. I gave him my cell phone number. Well, of course, it turns out that this donation was a little more complicated. He wanted to send me money, and then of course, I was to give some of the money to the fund, and then pass along some money to his son who was in school in "California". Knowing immediately it was a scam, I decided that it was best to string him along as long as I could...I figured as long as he thought he was scamming me, he would have less time to scam others.

This went on for about a week. He of course, needed all the bank account information to make the transfer, and I played dumb, pretending I had no idea where to get that information. In fact I gave him my name...Im A Stupid, and he started calling me Miss Stupid! I strung on for so long, in fact, giving him my home phone number (which was actually the number for my local FBI office, ooops).

Finally, one day he "convinced" me to go to the bank and get all the information he needed..but of course I was not to tell anyone at the bank that I was doing this for. So I literally had him on the phone for about an hour (I told him I was elderly and it took an effort for me to get to the bank) as he talked me through it. I told him that I told the teller I was confused about what I needed, and could he tell the bank employee what was needed...he went crazy.

Anyway after stringing him along for all this time, I told him that he was an idiot and there was no way I had ever fallen for his scam...he went crazy, cursing and swearing at me, calling me all kinds of names, and I just laughed at him.

For the next week, at least once a day, I would send him a simple text "who ya scamming now?".

Good Times!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good job, Keldogg!

Recently our local paper had a huge article all about how the Do Not Call Registry isn't working well and how hard it is to actually track down many of the calls due to spoofed numbers and such.

Seems to me I'm suddenly getting more calls than ever.

One guy told me the Do Not Call list didn't apply to him because he was calling from his car. hmm

And one called me at 7:30 am this morning to say they had been monitoring my credit.

Gosh, so has my Discover account and it was up to 840.. so I'm content to do without this caller's help.

Another insisted he had spoken to me awhile back, thus was just returning my call.

One said their records indicated that my electric bill was $130 $160 and they could help me to get credits. I said well interestingly enough I keep it under $60 and didn't want his help.

The one that made me go was a woman who called about something. I pointed out that I was on the Do Not Call list.. usually they just disappear. But she snapped "Well, why did you answer the phone, then?"

OK then..