TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 26, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 26, 2016 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 18, 2016 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think you can put specific rare Pokemon at a particular place. If you are near a hot spot, you can set a "lure' which will put lots of Pokemon around, which attracts players of course.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 2:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I am tempted but I'm not much for having my cell on or using up minutes, but... I do wonder how many poke things I could find at various hospitals..

I think I'd enjoy it, but I'm not willing to use up my data for the game.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And the app says it isn't for tablets.. not that I use anything but wifi on my tablet, though I could pay for something through I think AT&T.

Nah.

But I might look from my phone when I'm on wifi.. I think I'd enjoy it too.

Kar, I don't have the article anymore but maybe they set it up and there were certain creatures "there" and they just mentioned them or maybe they were just setting up the sting and saying there was rare <whatever the name was> they just hope to reel in people with outstanding warrants.

I guess they figure it is worth a try and I know there ARE pokemon characters set up at other PD.. in fact one of them has put a sign out saying that you don't have to come inside to do whatever they do to get the creature, because people were coming inside.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I am watching fixer upper and these people are moving to Waco because one daughter is going to Baylor and the other daughter is applying to go there.

They are from California. If I was the daughters I would be so annoyed that my parents are following me to college, LOL. Clearly the kids wanted some time away or they would have gone to college in CA.

Anyway, I just thought it was funny and wish they would have interviewed the kids to see if they really wanted them there, but that isn't the point of the show, LOL.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Waco is like a whole other world away from California, possibly even another dimension.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Now granted it's an in-state "move", and these folks apparently have the resources, but my new neighbors bought the house next door so they could have a house near their daughter's university. Their daughter started school here last year and the mother wanted a place where they could be close but not have to check into a hotel every time they wanted to visit. The other supposed reason was have a place locally that the daughter could "escape" to on the weekends and get away from her dorm room. It's been almost a year now and have to say while they've stayed pretty much to themselves they've taken good care of the house and are actually there a lot more than we expected based on what the previous owner shared with us. Funny is that he sold the house so he could be close to his youngest who left San Antonio to go to Georgia Tech in Atlanta.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Waco is a lot more diverse than people realize.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Hey, Sea - I saw the article and apparently they were told by a Go advocate that there was a Charizard *next* to the police station, so that's what they sent out in their message to the "wanted." But no one showed up. It was in New Hampshire.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm sending my daughter off to college so I might have some peace and quiet! And so the house will stay clean.

Of course I will miss her dearly about 10 minutes after she's gone...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
More on Pokemon Go - they are now using it to entice kids to do physical therapy!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 22, 2016 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Even though this is political it is also comedy.

Did you guys see Jon Stewart on Colbert's Late show? I loved it.

Jon Stewart Takes Over Colbert's Late Show Desk - YouTube
Video for jon stewart colbertâ–¶ 13:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNiqpBNE9ik
14 hours ago - Uploaded by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
Some stories, like the ouster of Fox News chairman Roger Ailes, are too big for one late night host to tackle ...

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 22, 2016 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
OMG, that was delightful, just delightful. It was also quite informative because I have had no concrete idea where many of these ridiculous anti-Obama memes had come from, although I always suspected it was that for big profit faux news cable television station that people who spout these ridiculous notions listen to religiously. So, right here on this clip are the actual excerpts, and it all makes sense now. Thank you, Jon Stewart. And thanks for being so funny and for keeping after it for as many years as you could and for leaving before you totally lost it, LOL.

And thank you, Dipo, for posting the link. I had seen a couple minute chop of the segment earlier today, but the whole segment was worth seeing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 22, 2016 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I saw some of the short ones but you just don't get the full story without the long one.

So glad you enjoyed it, I was cracking up.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    

CBS This Morning showed clip on Friday morning.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Ty dipo, watched it and just had dh watch it. We both enjoyed it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
FYI: The Wolf of Wall Street is showing tonight on FX. Thought others might want to know since I missed it the last time they showed it on FX.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought this was interesting. I knew he had been given some freedoms in the past few years...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/27/politics/john-hinckley-jr-set-to-be-released/

Kc103

07-13-2004

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kc103 a private message Print Post    
Please vote for my brother Larry's photo in this contest. Thank you! :-)

http://wshe.es/xOBhm2cF

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sorry, not on Facebook.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Beautiful picture, KC103. If you remind us, I'll keep voting.

ETA: You could also post it here

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I voted. I live nearby in Lombard.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I voted.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Have you guys seen the funny google logo's, they are a take off of the Olympics, LOL.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I've been really enjoying those google Olympic logos. Very cute.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I have to tell about the best birthday gift I have ever received. And no, my birthday is next month but today was the first day my girlfriend could get together and won't be available next month.

Anyway she just spent 17 days traveling, London/Edinborough/Iceland, so she got me a gift from Wimbledon.....It's a fan!!!

I just love it, she knows I am majorly into Tennis and I am always hot, LOL. It is cloth and wood and just the coolest thing I have ever received. I can carry it in my purse and always stay cool, no matter what.