TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 30, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through September 30, 2016 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have an odd question maybe...

I went to see a physio last week and need to book a follow up appointment. The physical therapist I saw is only at the office for two days a week, but I looked them up online and they are listed at another office that is a lot closer to me.

Is it inappropriate to call the original office and ask if the doctor works elsewhere? I presume they get some money for her working there even though she's the doc I saw, but I don't know exactly how it works. I don't want to offend anyone!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I would probably call the closer office, tell them you saw her at the other office and ask if you can see her there. Are the offices part of the same "group"? Just a different location of the same practice? Or I'd call the first office and say you want to see her, is there another location she's at on the other day?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, of course it's not inappropriate. Just do it.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I'd call and see if you can go to the closer office.

The kids ENT is part of a group. They have an office in Santa Clarita and one here in Lancaster. We see him in town, which is much easier but also a pain in the neck. Our particular ENT is only in this office once every few weeks so we can't get quick appts.

Oh, and if you do change to the closer location...whenever you make appointments, make sure to double check which office it was made for. I made that mistake once with Caleb, we stood outside the closed office thinking they were maybe at lunch, for a good half hour before Darren texted to say the drs office was calling wondering where we were at and it was only then we realized I'd made it for the wrong office, lol. I had called the local office to schedule the appointment and assumed that meant they would know I wanted the appt here. They assumed I knew the dr wasn't in this office on that day so the appt would be scheduled in Santa Clarita. Now when I call, I tell them straight out, I need to schedule an appt for the Lancaster office.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They're completely different offices, and I can't actually find much detail for the closer office, it just comes up when I google her name. I'll see if I can find a number for it and go from there.

Thanks!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I ask things I feel so bad about. Like last time at my Doc's office I said I only want a female as my primary when they tried to switch me to the new guy since I was a newish patient. Their reaction was like it's normal to request that. Here I was all nervous, and apparently many women prefer a woman doctor, and they are happy to oblige.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, September 19, 2016 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Naja, our pediatrician (and now general practitioners) office always asks if the kids want to see a female or male dr/pa for physicals. Caleb doesn't care one way or the other, says it's horrible either way so it doesn't matter, lol. Dakota is firmly in the female only camp for appointments like that.

Dakota explained to her dr (who is listed as her primary since he's also an allergy/asthma dr and has been her dr since she was only a few months old) that while she adores him and respects and trusts him, when it comes to girly issues she really wants a female. For her it's not a matter of shyness or feeling uncomfortable, but that she feels like the women have first hand knowledge of those issues. He's never had a problem with it because he thinks the more comfortable the patient is with the dr, the more they will open up and communicate.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Question: I may have asked on this board some place else (or maybe it was another message board!) -- I'm planning on using Uber for the first time this Saturday. In searching on web, just learned I can schedule ride in advance. Any tips, suggestions, etc. for using Uber? At first looked like app may be a little complicated -- but I guess not.

I'm in the Chicago 'burbs and want to go into the city (not downtown) and home again. I do watch the three Dick Wolf Chicago TV shows. Chicago P.D. is my favorite of the three. Wednesday night was season premiere. Oh oh. Somebody had a problem with Uber. Her Uber ride showed up, but wasn't the driver / car she expected. Driver gave her explanation. She got in. WRONG thing to do. That driver turned out to be the bad guy of the show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Color I haven't used Uber but I talked about it with my friend who uses it frequently. She said the whole point is they will send you a picture of the driver, so you know who is picking you up, so I wouldn't get into an Uber if they don't match the picture.

That is about all I know. Have you tried using their online site via a laptop or computer to read if they had tips?

Also, I went on google and asked Tips for using Uber and found a lot of articles, here are a couple that seemed good to me.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Uber

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/personal/2015/03/21/uber-etiquette/25026445/

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'll probably get a quicker answer here for this in than in the TV.

Don't all pay tv providers in the US have on-demand now? I know do with xfinity/comcast, mom does with ATT, but I don't know about the others. I really thought they did have it?

I am asking because I see people with pay tv providers on the board acting like they don't have on-demand. Maybe they just don't about it or not know how to use it?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Naja, I am no help. I have Comcast but have never used on demand.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dipo, you are missing out not playing with on-demand :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dipo, just the free movies will give you too much to watch, and the tv shows have all kinds of extras, besides the actual episodes. Really, get to know on-demand. And if you upgrade to the X1 box, you can just talk into your remote to find your show in on-demand instead of rifling around.

You just say the name of the show (or movie) into your remote, and it will list all the showing times as well as all the eps that are in on-demand.

It's really cool.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
DirecTV has on Demand, but it depends what receiver you have. We only upgraded this year (last year?) because our old Tivo finally died, and that enabled us to get on demand. Before that, Directv did it but we couldn't get it.

So if you have an old receiver that's still working and you don't see a need to upgrade it then you might not have On Demand.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I see, thanks, Kitt. Everyone should upgrade! :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't believe what they recently added to the infinity X1 box. They added a dictionary. So you can say into the remote "define whatever", and the definition will be on the screen. Like a smart phone. Next month they are adding Netflix to the apps.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I don't have a TV provider, never did. But I do have two streaming boxes -- Amazon Fire and Apple TV with a number of apps. There is always something "on TV". With both you can talk into remote and get pretty much anything you want.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I had found the Wiki article myself, but not the other. Thanks. Looks like five-star rating for driver is the way to go if at all deserved. I plan to tip.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 5:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My first Uber rides were last evening. Both were great. Two five-star drivers.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Glad to hear it. I need to try it one of these days.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 30, 2016 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW Q: So I was surfing channels this morning and I saw those credit card protectors that keep your information from being stolen. Are these really needed? I was thinking they might be good Christmas gifts.

I haven't really heard much that says credit card info is being stolen via wifi, so I don't know if it is a real thing.

Anyone know?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 30, 2016 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't have a clue what you are talking about. LOL!

Abby7

07-17-2002

Friday, September 30, 2016 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Dipo, you mean those credit card sleeves? Wifi?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 30, 2016 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, here is one. http://www.qvc.com/SignalVault-S-4-Debit-&-Credit-Card-Protectors-By-Lori-Greiner.product.H207924.html?orderId=419076855&itemId=221986025&sc=CRT

Yes you slip the card into it and no one can aim some sort of device at your wallet or purse and electronically steal you information.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 30, 2016 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL Roxip, you really made me laugh.