TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 27, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Silly little gripes: Archive through July 27, 2016 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ok, I got Mom's card today. So that was 6 days for first class to get from near Orlando, FL. to near Kansas City, MO.

It's on day 8 and Mom hasn't gotten my Mother's Day card :-(
Oh well, now I know to mail my niece's birthday card 2 weeks ahead

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 3:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Naja, if your postal service justifies that way ours does then you got that card in 2 days...woohoo!! They don't count the day you dropped it off, or the day they deliver it and of course planes don't fly on weekends. I wouldn't mind if they didn't keep raising prices and lowering standards year after year. Instead, the only thing that they seem to get better at is blowing smoke. Lol

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Rissa, actually they have or will soon drop the price of a first-class stamp a couple of cents.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They did drop the price by 2 cents in April.

With everything being sorted by machine these days, you are always best off making sure you don't hand write addresses, and that your type is large, block style and not smeared.

That said, you can do everything perfectly and still have things delayed or lost.

A few years ago, the post office returned to me an item that I had mailed out in 1994, I got it back almost 20 years later as "undeliverable." :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh brother, I always print the address out neatly and use a regular return address sticker.

Things have slowly gotten worse. It's not like this one letter is late. Normal delivery time used to be 3 days a few years ago, then went to 4 days and stayed that way for awhile. Then it went to 5 or 6 days back and forth. Now it's just ridiculous.

I was reading the Amazon vendor's discussion board. Some of them are complaining about 2 week shipping times on things that used to take a few days.

Something is really wrong. Some packages don't even leave the the drop off station for 5 days.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
At work, we have a customer who is chronically late with their payments. When we look at the check and the envelope, it takes over 10 days to get from the Midwest to Portland. They always blame the post office for the delay..... funny, though, when we mail them a dunning letter requesting payment or we will stop shipments, they receive it within 1 day and we get a check really fast! The conversation in this thread made me what to share that...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sometimes I think it depends where you drop things in the mail. Regardless of what time the box or wherever you drop it indicates a pick up, I never trust that.

I get really good service mailing from my home, unless we have a substitute postman, then it is terrible, LOL. And I must say it is really odd when I see the Post Office truck delivering on Sunday.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It does matter.. here all the mail (not going to the same city, I assume) from local post offices goes to a certain location Sunflower in Santa Ana and then goes out, including straight up to LAX to fly out.. so if I have any hurry I drive to that location to mail items.

But I absolutely agree that mail often takes longer than it ever did in the past. I wish companies would take the postmark as proof rather than putting us at the mercy of who knows where it goes before it reaches a company and then however long it takes to be processed.. meanwhile it becomes late.

I know often I can pay online but was really zapped when I scheduled a payment online on a credit card that was 0% interest.. I had scheduled a $500 payment but then the card was sold to another bank in the meantime and I was hit with a late fee because they didn't get $30. and I'd already paid $500 the first month so was way ahead in theory.

Face it, those late fees are happily taken by those imposing them.

And of course I had just bought some stamps for the first time in a couple of years and shortly after there was that rate drop.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It's going to be a while before the price of my stamps go up. The first year Forever stamps were issued I bought a lot of them. I still have ten sheets of 20 stamps.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If you use a service like Stamps.com to print your postage, there is no postmark, only on actual stamps.

And yes, everything I mail from home or the local post office goes to the big city to be sorted. So if I mail something to my neighbor it can take 3 days to get there.

I will say however that the USPS is still the least expensive and best way to send things. Postage in other countries is MUCH more.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For sure!

When I used to get the little devil ducks, I ordered from a Canadian company in Vancouver BC and the owner.. we talked on the phone.. told me that they would mail most stuff out from the US.

At one time I sent devil duck keychains to moderators who wanted one and she basically told me that the one that went TO Canada would take much longer to arrive and indeed that was the case. It also cost more since she was shipping it from Canada.

It wasn't a gigantic difference but it was interesting. Haven't shipped anything like that for at least 10 years but I do know things are taking longer within the US these days.

As for using a postmark.. yes, it would only work if you took the envelope in and requested a postmark. That is what I used to do when I was still mailing in my property tax and income tax (I think).. now I pay those online, but I remember driving to the post office on April 15 (or March in earlier years) and on that night they would post employees outside to take the envelopes with the guarantee that they would be postmarked. It would be all dark and you'd be with all the other last minute filers and of course vow not to wait so long next year...

But even with regular stamps, you aren't guaranteed a postmark unless you request one or if the post office is promising them.

I wouldn't drive great distances to get to a main collection center but I happen to live where the location of that center is only a mile farther than if I go to the fountain Valley PO, where they will then take it to Santa Ana.. plus it is often on my way someplace. Both locations have the drive up boxes so you don't have to park and go inside.

As for the stamp price dropping. Somehow I had missed that completely until just after I needed to go buy some stamps at the grocery.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I know a lot of people in this thread use tracfones, and someone posted a question about one in this thread that needs help.

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/9200/8597232.html&lm=1463523607

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I went over there Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    

Nickovtyme

07-28-2004

Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nickovtyme a private message Print Post    
Butt crack sweat.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
haha

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Under boob sweat, LOL.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Putting the furnace back on in July.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
That sounds like one of my "it's the little things" Juju! LOL I LOVE cold weather, and the humidity we're having now is making me grumpy. Fortunately, it's been a bit cooler where we live by Lake Michigan, and by Monday, it's supposed to be a bit more reasonable dew point levels as well.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Using heaters under your office desk because they keep the air conditioning below zero level. It's a guy thing....they whine if you change it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL Not having a working furnace.. in February

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear, I just want to see the news, I don't want to hear the speeches at the convention, if I did, I would go and watch the convention.

I want to know what is going on in my area, how are the fires, what is the weather going to do!

Stop giving me all this other crap that I can watch if I want to in it's entirety.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
ditto to what Dipo said

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I thought I was the only one.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh I am so quick on the mute and ff but it is everywhere of course.. giant headlines in the paper, online, etc.

Thankfully nomorobo has so far successfully blocked all political robocalls.. they just roll off into the ether with other robocalls.