TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 26, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 26, 2016 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
B. And that's mostly my weekly magazine. Not a big book reader. I really prefer visual media for my entertainment.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
D. I've always been an avid reader, and Kindle makes it so easy to have lots of books available at any given time!

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
D. definitely, always have at least one book, my e-reader, a magazine in my purse for reading. I also read some blogs and other articles on-line. I have always read and will always read. I can remember racing through the 1st grade readers and the teacher telling me not to get ahead of the rest of the class.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
D. I read all the time.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
D as in Definitely! 10+ hours a week indeed. Sometimes I'll read 10 hours in a weekend.

Reading is the single greatest gift available to the human race. Life would be worthless without books, books and more books, i.e., my life would come to a crashing halt if you took away my precious books!

And they have to be the old-fashioned "hard copy" books for me. I've never read an e-book or heard an audio book (but I have nothing against those who use those platforms to get their reading fix).

Thanks, Wargod, for posing the question!

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I'm with you 100% about it being the old-fashioned hard copy books, Rick. It adds to the satisfaction and total pleasure of reading.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
D in the summer and C during the school year. If you count listening to audio books, the D all year round!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
D - I tend to panic if I don't have a book with me. Although I prefer a physical BOOK, just this year I bought Kindles for both me and Bigdog to keep the panic at bay on the longish cruises we take. Holland America still has active paperback book exchanges AND pretty big libraries, but the other cruise lines seem to be WAY less literate, and their libraries frankly suck.

Uh oh, tangent coming on - come to think of it, dinner conversations on the cruise lines with sucky libraries also tend toward low-information participants, like people who think "The Five" on Fox News is an intelligent, highly informative, and enjoyable program. O.M.G., pure torture. (Okay, I will have to admit that when the guy I found boring because he didn't seem to know anything, praised The Five, I had never heard of it and had to go look it up, just in case ...)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I never wanted an e-reader until I got one and now, I cannot imagine not having one. I read both. I always have a book on my Kindle (publishers seem to want to send e copies instead of print copies for review now, though I do still get some print) and an actual book. I love a hardback but I think I like the larger paperback even more. Easy to hold and carry around.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Have to admit I probably don't read enough nowadays, certainly not as much as I once did. Part of it is that after 30+ years of having to read professional journals, college texts, books, etc., to stay current I think I got tired of it. Just got out of the habit of reading for pure entertainment.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I used to read books continuously... never without a book. But my Internet addiction took over and I read books so rarely the past couple of year it's embarrasing. Finally forced myself this week to at least read a book before bed and find I'm sleeping better, once again.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
B. I'm not a book reader. My reading is the newspaper, magazines, & internet.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
D! I don't remember my life before reading.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I counted up last week, and between deadtree books, Kindle books, and audio books (one on CD and one on my phone), I'm in the middle of SIX books! Usually I only have 3 but at the moment I've got 2 of each style....by the end of tonight, I'll be down to five, though, as I'm almost done with one of my Kindle books.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
D... and I'll never use an e-reader. I need the feel of a real book in my hands. My hardcover books are my treasures and they fill my library. Paperbacks I donate by the bagful.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I don't use my Kindle very often, but it is nice to sit outside in the dark on a nice evening and read without having to turn on a light.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I've had a couple of friends who actually had to stop reading because of eyesight problems and then, with a Kindle, they could read again! I hate to say never.

I was one who thought never but I guess I "caved" early.. They had this Oprah discount on the Kindle 1 and I thought nah.. then literally in the last 10 minutes of the discount I clicked the buy at Amazon, still thinking, I can send it back.

I didn't.. I eventually had a Kindle 2, Kindle 3g, DX and then another never.

Why would I want to read on a tablet? Got the first Kindle Fire tablet thinking, I can send it back but even if I don't, I'll keep reading on my Kindle3G.

Oh my.. I didn't last a day and have read on Kindle Fire devices ever since.

I do love books.. did love the paper format and have not a thing against it now but they do take up space and even back when the K1 came out I already had a massive number of books.

I've bookcrossed so many books but STILL have thousands and thousands but have thousands more in e format.

My Fire weighs less than a book, but it gives me access to internet, email, my calendar is maintained on it, it has two really decent cameras, games, magazines.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
In honor of the imminent return of the NFL regular season into our collective consciousness, I'm curious how you all would answer this:

It's time to go live on a desert island and assuming you're a sports fan, you must choose ONE (and only one) sport to follow, which is it:

A. NFL Football
B. Major League Baseball
C. NBA Basketball
D. NHL Hockey
E. Other (please write in your choice)

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
A. NFL Football

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow that's a tough one for me. Canada is hockey. But the Leafs haven't been good for years. In fact, no Canadian team made the playoffs last year.

I love football but we don't have an NFL team.

So I'll go with baseball and the Blue Jays. :-)

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
A. NFL Football (some college football would be nice too).

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
E. English Football

Lyn

08-07-2002

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
D NHL Hockey

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
B. Baseball

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
E. With my family, it'd be Softball.

Darren and Caleb don't watch sports (Caleb hates any sports,) Kota and my nieces played for years and love softball. Once the season starts, they catch as many games on tv as possible. And when it gets time for the world series, regionals, and super regionals, my nieces will spend entire weekends here to watch as many games as possible. It's loads of fun.