TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 21, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: 2016 Rio Olympics !!!: Archive through August 21, 2016 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This mountain biking com is really interesting, I have never seen this before.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Guess it isn't quite over yet...Jim Bell ‏@jfb · 4h4 hours ago
Matt Lauer interviewed Ryan Lochte this morning. Will air in Olympic prime time tonight.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Sigh. The best thing they could do is to not give Lochte one more second of attention. Thanks for the heads up Dipo. I'll skip watching tonight until I know that portion is over.

On a positive note, Simone Biles was chosen by her fellow US Olympians to carry the flag in the closing ceremonies tomorrow. So many wonderful athletes with great accomplishments! Lochte who?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I think you are good....Michael Ausiello ‏@MichaelAusiello · 16m16 minutes ago

First look at remaining 6 minutes of Matt Lauer's Q&A w/ #LochteMess airing Monday AM on @TODAYshow

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I spoke to soon, they just showed him and said they will have it after Track and Field concludes.

He was FAKE crying!!!! And I know fake crying, I watch BB, LOL.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Loved watching Allyson Felix and team win the 4 x 400m! She took off at the end like it was a piece of cake. Her 6th Olympic gold medal!

And Gwen Jorgenson, first gold medal for the US in triathlon

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Happened to see some of the interview because I was flipping back and forth....he dyed his hair back. I sort of liked the silvery blue hair, but obviously it represented his bad boy time so it had to go.

Didn't stay to listen.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO...Heather & Jessica ‏@fuggirls · 12m12 minutes ago
I need someone to explain to Ryan Lochte that "over-exaggerated" IS NOT A WORD.
Also, someone please tell Ryan that "especially," doesn't have an "x" and "antics" doesn't start with a "t." DUDE. - J

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow Urkraine did a fabulous rhymic gymnastic routine to "Vogue", plus their outfits were dramatically different in that they were black. Very impressive.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Closing Ceremonies!! Watching online for a bit. The athletes are coming in and there is great Brazilian music playing. Many are really dancing away! It is fun to watch, there is no announcers so I don't know who is playing/singing, but they are doing a great job.

Looks like the whole lower level of the stadium is empty of people, not sure if that is for some of the athletes to sit of if it is late comers to the party.

They all look they are having a fabulous time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Steve Wilson ‏@stevewilsonap · 5m5 minutes ago
So far the French athletes seem to be having the most fun at closing ceremony of #Rio2016

Oh, now that I get a better look, it seems those might be chairs or benches to sit on for the athlete's as some are getting filled in.

The poor volunteers have had to link hands to keep everyone going in the right direction and not cut through some areas.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
When I was watching the marathon, it had been raining, and I was going to ask...why do all these athletes have these bright yellow shoes? Did Nike give them everyone or something?

It was crazy watching the all the yellow shoes running down the wet promenade, just flashing in the water.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, this might be the group singing...Rio 2016 ‏@Rio2016_en · 23m23 minutes ago
Martinho da Vila seranades the Maracanã with his song Carinhoso as the crowd light the stadium up #ClosingCeremony

aaron bauer ‏@ABauer_ATR · 23m23 minutes ago  Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
During the national anthem the singers formed the stars on the #BRA flag

Now it sounds like a big band and there are dancers in lime green outfits. The kids still coming in, and there were some guys with flashing light tennies, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rio 2016 ‏@Rio2016_en · 16m16 minutes ago
27 children sing the national anthem in Maracanã to represent Brazil's 26 states/Federal District #ClosingCeremony

Rio 2016 ‏@Rio2016_en · 15m15 minutes ago
The flag bearers of Olympic nations from around the world have entered the Maracanã! #ClosingCeremony

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, this is them...the great Briton guys...Matt Langridge ‏@matt_langridge8 · 12m12 minutes ago
Here we go, disco feet @TeamGB

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Stephanie Nolen ‏@snolen · 16m16 minutes ago
The rain is pelting down on athletes filing into the Maracanã. And it is COLD. Wonder how long they're going to maintain these cheery grins

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
aaron bauer ‏@ABauer_ATR · 15m15 minutes ago
Some athletes are loving the rain. A lot have beer cups in hand #rio2016

I was wondering why some were wearing ponchos.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rio 2016 ‏@Rio2016_en · 14m14 minutes ago
DJ's play live music from the Maracanã stage as each athlete parades through in the #Rio2016 #ClosingCeremony !

Olympics ‏@Olympics · 10m10 minutes ago
Team #CAN is super excited!! 😍👏👏 #ClosingCeremony #Olympics

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Blond lady in a green sequin jumpsuit is singing now. Or it could be green lame.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, so I am watching the final mile of the marathon on my TV and the awarding of the medals to the winners on the Closing Ceremonies on my computer, hahahahaha.

Thank goodness there wasn't an upset in the last mile.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Uncle Bill ‏@UBtalkin · 7m7 minutes ago
Simone Biles: 4 feet 8 inches tall
The flag staff she has to hold: 9 feet tall

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Olympics ‏@Olympics · 2m2 minutes ago
Almost time to say goodbye to #Rio2016. 😢 #ClosingCeremony #Olympics

Flag hand over ceremony.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, Tokyo did a really cute presentation on getting the prime minister to Rio in time. Mario brother, I think that was him, dug a tunnel from Tokyo to Rio and up popped the Prime Minister.

Oh, they have cages kind of like BB and they are moving/rolling them over across the stage, oohh, they light up.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am bored

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, now that I think about it, maybe it was Super Mario, LOL.