TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 20, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: 2016 Rio Olympics !!!: Archive through August 20, 2016 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
From what I understand they managed to find someone who spoke English and could translate, the security guards were intimated by how big the guys were and the article I saw said the settlement was 100 rios (I think that was the other currency) and $20.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Usain Bolt wins the Gold for 200 metres with Andre De Grasse getting the Silver and a very excited Christophe Lemaitre from France getting the Bronze! Great race. Bolt is such an entertaining athlete. Not only is he a great athlete but he is fun to watch!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
From what I understand, the police did go there, and talk to everyone, and decide it wasn't such a big deal, so that's why they didn't arrest anyone.

This seems another thing that the cover up ended up being bigger than the crime.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Congrats to Dalilah Muhammad for being the first US woman to win gold in the the 400m hurdles! And then Kerron Clement took gold in the men's 400m hurdles! The amount of energy they put out is incredible!

So happy for the US foursome in their rerun of the 4x100 relay. Can't wait to watch the final run tonight.

And then there's Kate Grace who we mostly heard about because her mom is Kathy Smith. THE same Kathy Smith whose vhs tapes I used to work out to, LOL!! I was reading online about how easier her daughter found it to be involved in sports growing up due to title IX. We really have come a long way, haven't we?!

And then there's the king of them all ~ Ashton Eaton who finished the 1500m last night to win the decathlon! As someone who only watches prime time and goes to sleep by eleven, I do believe I saw less coverage of him then I did of most others. That makes me sad.

As for Lochte, let this be a lesson to all immature 32 year olds. You're not a teenager any more ~ GROW UP!

As for the Rio police hauling people off of planes and taking their passports away, I hope they expend as much energy on real crimes in their city as they did on a broken poster in a bathroom.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I don't blame the Brazilians at all. This was a huge blot on their reputation and they had every right to clear it up quickly and firmly. (And it wasn't just a poster, it was a door, soap dispenser, mirror and urinating on the building - none of which is a major crime but more than a ripped piece of paper). I agree with Karuuna that it's the cover up and lies that made this a big deal and with Kappy that this is a Lesson for an immature 32 yr old. I still don't get why Lochte went to the press and doubled down on his lies. Why didn't he just say no comment? Then tell his mother the truth and walk it back before it snowballed? It was done and settled before they left the gas station so no one would ever have known if not for Lochte and his mother. Was glad to see that 2 of the Americans had the honesty/integrity to not go along with the lie and were upfront with police from the get go. Must have been pressure to not throw Lochte under the bus.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, the Australian Synchronized swimmers used the survivor theme music for the first part of their show! I thought I was hearing things at first, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I did get to see quite a few of the events Ashton Eaton did, he was on during the morning. I have found that most of what I want to see is on around 10am. Plus they show more of the competitors not just the Americans.

It's like the primetime show is only highlights. I hate that about those shows. I wish NBC would just use all their different channels to show the entire events and let us chose what we want.

Seriously they have Bravo, USA, their sports channel CNBC and MSNBC, as well as NBC. But a night they only used the one channel, well they use the sports channel as well. Oh and I forgot, all the golfing is on the golf channel.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
All the performances were amazing....Japan got Bronze (which was really important for them since they had some problems in the last two comps), China the silver and Russia the gold.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Synchronized swimming just fascinates me! A part of me will make fun of it when it first starts and then I'm glued to my seat and just amazed at their skill! It's one sport where I don't even care what country it is or who wins. I just watch.

Dipo ~ I just get frustrated with what NBC chooses to show and at what time. One evening, they gave 80 minutes prime time to an early women's outdoor volleyball game and waited until 11 to show the gymnastics. Arrgh!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I downloaded the CBC Olympic app and it's been amazing for watching the events I want to watch live with no interruptions. For example, right now I see events are ongoing in basketball, boxing. Diving, golf, gymnastics,handball, modern pentathlon, water polo and wrestling. I am watching the diving (men's 10m platform) and checking status on a couple others as I wish. Much better than tv where half the time is spent on interviews or replays.

Eta. HAH, that will teach me for posting. Video not working, lol

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
USA just won gold in water polo FYI..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rissa, I had some problems with the video yesterday when I was trying to watch the Synchro prelims.

I know Kappy, I am totally not interested in this obsession with volleyball that they have.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watching my tape from last night.

OMG, I love these shotput guys! They are too cool.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yup ~ The shotput guys were fun to watch! So primitive in a way.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And I find Pole Vault fascinating! I just wonder who said, "hey lets take this pole and try to jump over higher poles....whatta ya think?"

LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What the heck happened to the men's 4/100 medal? I switched over to watch RHOM and when I switch back they all of a sudden aren't getting a medal, they are DQ'd.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well crap, they passed the baton outside the zone.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
U.S. Olympic Team โ€@TeamUSA ยท 23m23 minutes ago
#TeamUSA's women's 4x100m relay tonight was the second-fastest time EVER! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
AND WOW! That dive by Tom Daly was incredible.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And thank goodness Steel Johnson made it! I just love his name.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 2:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
LOL Dipo, have you seen the commercial with the two women sitting by a pool, looking up the nearest urgent care on their smart phones? Their husbands and a couple other guys are in the background trying to pole vault (using a pool skimmer) over the pool and hurting themselves, lol. Cracks me up everytime I see it, I have a friend who would be first in line for something like that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes, that one cracks me up too.

Caught the team rhythmic gymnastics early this morning, all the teams did ribbons, I guess it was the preliminaries. USA had a team but were last and that was good because I guess we hadn't had a team qualify for the semi's in a while.

Didn't make it into the finals but I guess that is what is on now. They are using hoops/Castaneda's and a ball. Just saw Russia and I couldn't even tell what they had because their apparatus' blended with the color of the mat.

Oh now this is more like it, Belarus has Hot Pink tools, LOL. Nothing shows up like the ribbons though

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow the US team is the first team to qualify in 20 years, I guess they still get to play. Looks like their apparatus are going to blend in a little bit.

So I guess there are always 14 teams.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
US got 16.31 which is better than they did earlier so that is great.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH, LOL, they are clubs, not castenadas, hahahaha.

So top 8 move on and US didn't make it but were thrilled to get to perform.