TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 11, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: 2016 Rio Olympics !!!: Archive through August 11, 2016 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Loved watching the swimming last night. So happy for Katie Ledecky.

Thrilled as always for Phelps ~ what an amazing athlete! However, can we also give some credit to other swimmers? I don't even care that it wasn't the US in 2nd place last night. I just wanted to see how close Japan's Masato Sakai was but the cameras were so focused on Phelps that they wouldn't pan out enough to see that side of the pool. I love to hear about other countries as well, NBC!

Could not stay awake long enough for the gymnastics.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I know they are saying it is safe from a health standpoint but those Olympic diving pools look scary.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahaha, I accidentally got some BB in here, I will get it removed, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I just read in the paper that the murkiness is because of algae and no wind, I guess maybe it is an outside pool? They say it will be clear again by tomorrow's diving.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahaha....Chris Franjola ‏@ChrisFranjola · 24m24 minutes ago  Los Angeles, CA
Just to give another country a chance Michael Phelps will now swim in a t-shirt and slacks.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought the name "Final 5" was a nice tribute to Marta. Even though I knew they won, it was still exciting to watch.

Michael Phelps is one of a kind. A-MAZE-ING!! As Rowdy said, we will never see anyone like him in swimming in our lifetime.
On a side note..... can I just say... male swimmers have great physiques!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The name "Final 5" also refers to the fact that this is the last time they will have a 5-member team - in the 2020 Olympics there will only be 4 members on a team. I think it is both a nice tribute to their coach and also a nice tribute to all the 5-women teams in the past.

Those little Chinese gymnasts can break your heart - they look about 12 years old and I felt so bad for them when they didn't perform well.

I thought Simone didn't have her best night - which makes me think the individual competitors better shake in their tights! She will be fierce!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Darnit, I wanted the Ukraine guy to win the gold! Missed it by .10!

Japan was good as well for all around men's gymnast.

Excellent competition.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
U.S. Olympic Team ‏@TeamUSA · 2m2 minutes ago
Gary Russell takes home a VICTORY! 💪
#USA USA Boxing

NBC Olympics ‏@NBCOlympics · 3m3 minutes ago
"Homer's Odyssey for gold continues!"
Daryl Homer moves on to the #gold medal bout for @TeamUSA! Daryl Homer

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC Olympics ‏@NBCOlympics · 3m3 minutes ago

Fehaid Al-Deehani just won the first ever gold medal for the Independent Olympic Athletes. http://tw.nbcsports.com/Ce4L

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Congrats to the women's swim team on their relay gold tonight. Katie Ledecky is incredible!

Congrats to Kristin Armstrong for winning gold in women's cycling time trial. Forty-Three years young!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
USTA ‏@usta · 3h3 hours ago
.@Madison_Keys unlocks the door to the #Rio2016 medal round after toppling Kasatkina 6-3, 6-1. #Serving4Gold

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
USTA ‏@usta · 3h3 hours ago
#TeamUSA's @SJohnson_89 takes care of business in straights to reach the #Rio2016 quarterfinals. #Serving4Gold

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, windsurfing on live stream, the water looks pretty and blue, but it also looks rough!! Brazil seems to be leading in this 3rd leg of 6. I don't see any US ticker so don't know if we are in this, but it really looks amazing.

I wish they had an announcer so I knew what was going on, but the pictures are beautiful.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Now the men are up, I was cleaning the kitchen and missed the end of the women's wind surfing but the Brazilian was so far ahead I am sure she won.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's so funny watching them, I didn't realize they treat it the same way they do boats, they give a 5 minute warning and everyone jockeys for position before the official start of the race.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
US Sailing Team ‏@USSailingTeam · 3h3 hours ago
Here are the links to @NBCOlympics video feed and @worldsailing GPS trackers for today... #Sailing starting shortly! http://www.ussailing.org/olympics/rio2016guide/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
USA Judo ‏@USAJudo · 3h3 hours ago
BREAKING NEWS: Olympic Judo will be shown LIVE on NBC Sports Network from 3-4pm ET. Kayla's matches will be shown live on an NBC Station!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Whoa, Andy Murray finally won his match, wasn't sure he was going to pull it off.

And the Windsurfing race begins! They have great visuals, a helicopter in the air. Oh, looks like they delayed the start and have started the 5 minute countdown again. Must have had a wind issue.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just heard the judges say the wind is now on our side.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And they are off!!! I haven't ever really seen a windsurfing race, it is funny how they bob up and down to get their boards moving.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Nicole Auerbach ‏@NicoleAuerbach · 2h2 hours ago
Katie Ledecky casually broke an Olympic record with her prelim swim in the 800 free -- 8:12.86. She's the top qualifier by nearly 7 seconds.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Netherlands wins gold, Portugal wins Silver, a battle between Israel, Great Britain and Brazil for bronze, and Israel takes it.

And OMG, Badmitton like I have never seen it played over on USA, hahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, so apparently they get points for each race based on where they finish, Windsurfing, so above was just the results for Race 9.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Windsurfing is an awesome looking sport!