TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 07, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: 2016 Rio Olympics !!!: Archive through August 07, 2016 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know towards the end of the Olympics I will hate all these commercials, but I have to say some of them are really well done. I assume some are new since I haven't seen them before.

Just wish there weren't so many.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really love the American gymnasts, but it is so hard to watch, I wish I knew what had happened so I wouldn't worry so much.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This is pretty good view of Rio from Tara L and Jonny W's point of view. about 20 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzO4ry-sm1Y&feature=share

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It was the French gymnast that broke his leg. I wonder if it had a small break before. He really broke it more than anyone I have ever seen. It was going at a right angle. that is pretty serious for someone who knows how to land. And I heard that he was doing very well otherwise. Just a horrible freak thing.
As far as the beach, I guess it could happen anywhere, but it does seem to happen more often in Brazil with its very high crime rate.

I can't wait to see the sailing crew, I understand they have special waterproof uniforms. I had one for rain, but it was HOT. I am sure theirs are much better. Sailing is never covered very much at all, Now I might be able to see it!!!! for most people it would be like watching pain dry since so much is in slow motion but I see them and feel the wind again and hear the lapping.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This is pretty good view of Rio and Carnival Samaba Schools from Tara L and Jonny W's point of view. about 5 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzO4ry-sm1Y&feature=share

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love the sailing...I found it, on Thurs, 8/11; MSNBC from 9am to 2pm. Gosh I hope that isn't the only coverage!

Yeah, I know they have a lot of crime, and there are all sorts of other problems, but it is Olympic time so I hope it goes smoothly.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I love watching the swimming. This is my first olympics without cable so I enjoy hearing from all of you about the other coverage going on.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I'll have to let the girls know Pita Nikolas Taufatofua's name and to watch taekwando, they'll be thrilled. LOL, I was watching and thinking, dang, poor guy, I wondered what he thought when someone handed him a bottle of oil and told him to get all oily.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I didn't know about the French gymnast breaking his leg, poor thing.

Did y'all see when Andreas Toba of Germany suffered a serious injury during his floor routine? He tore his ACL. He wasn't able to finish his routine, and was helped off the stage in tears, but he didn't want to let his team down by dropping out, so he still performed his last event the pommel horse, and even stuck his landing w/ torn ACL!!! As a result team Germany did qualify in the top 8 to go on. :-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought he sprained his knee torn ACL is so much worse, ugh.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rafi looked great in his match, but said his wrist still gives him a little trouble in some parts of his game. The reporter asked him what part, and he laughed and said I don't want to tell that now.

I cracked up, what was the reporter thinking! He isn't going to give away his game, hahahaha.

And Murray and Selena won their matches, then it made me wonder who was playing for the USA for the men.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So after some time trying to search, it isn't easy this Olypmics, I think a person named Denis Kudla is representing USA in Men's tennis.

There are two men's doubles teams Sock/Johnson and Baker/Ram.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Hey Dipo - Winds surfing is tomorrow - I used to windsurf in my 40's when I wanted to do something simple, don't have the knees for it now.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Jack Sock is a really good doubles player and he could have done well but he has pneumonia. I didn't realize the Bryan brothers weren't playing doubles, but they're old now ans are concentrating on the possibility of winning more majors rather than Olympics, but they're obviously slower than even last year. Still, they're maybe the second best doubles team in modern history and might have been able to medal (though doubtfully a gold)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
USA Fencing ‏@USAFencing · 1h1 hour ago
#Rio2016 #Fencing @AMassialas is #GoingForTheGold!!! Massialas def. Richard Kruse (GBR), 15-9, in the semis! Up next @GarozzoDaniele

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I saw canoe/kayak on Monday, but I don't see windsuring, do you know what channel it will be on?

Oh and I found some more sailing Monday 9-2 on MSNBC.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
You know I swear I heard the announcer say that the Williams sisters and then the Bryan brothers will be playing later but I didn't find them on the tennis detail I found.

Of course, like I said it was hard to even find what I did. Darn, sad to hear Sock is ill have they played yet?

Yeah, Men's relay qualified for the finals! Swimming

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
USA Volleyball ‏@usavolleyball · 1h1 hour ago
.@PhilDalhausser and @NicklucenaFSU take set one 21-7 over Tunisia. The set ended with two sprawling digs and kill by Nick. #TeamUSA

USA Volleyball ‏@usavolleyball · 1h1 hour ago
.@PhilDalhausser and @NicklucenaFSU take set one 21-7 over Tunisia. The set ended with two sprawling digs and kill by Nick. #TeamUSA

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Mr Sock played and lost in men's singles yesterday; he apparently has walking pneumonia. The Williams sisters will be playing women's doubles, but the Bryan brothers pulled out ~10 days ago. They said it was for health reasons, but they've been playing World Team Tennis since the announcement, so....

The truth is they lost in the quarters at Wimbledon and want to win a last US Open before they hang up their racquets

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ahhhh, so maybe I'm not crazy, LOL. But are there Murphy brothers, LOL, I barely remember the announce saying something earlier this morning.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if there is a live streaming feed I can sign up for at NBC? I see there is a mobile app but I want something on my laptop if I can see more of the stuff that isn't on TV.

I have clicked around on their site and there is a live feed link, it seems, but nothing happens when I click on it. Anyone have any clues?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It is so annoying, I get womens gymnastics at 12:30am! for an hour, and they are doing their thing all day today!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Do you mean the Murray brothers? I hadn't been paying attention to that, but it's great news if Andy and Jamie are playing together. Jamie is a really fine doubles player.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Dipo, try here: http://www.stream2watch.co/live-now/live-tv/us/nbc-sports-live-stream

Also, if you want to see less US-centric stuff, the EuroSport and/or BBC/BBC Sport feeds here should work (it's how I catch obscure tennis stuff): http://www.stream2watch.co/live-now/live-tv/gb

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy crap, that fall the dutch women took on the Peloton, was awful.