TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 02, 2016 users admin

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
my personality is very outgoing & always has been. My personality was very extrovert compared to my childhood family. Oh, they loved me & I knew it. Sometimes, as a child I feel like they would try to get me wound up just for entertainment. However, my personality clicked with the women in my x's family (I was married to him for 13 yrs until 1987). I've stayed close to these women over the yrs & I'm especially close to my mother in law. My oldest DD actually has the exact same personality. Go figure.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Probably closest would be my late mother. We certainly shared the same sense of humor and would be considered extroverts. I'm the polar opposite of my father who had virtually no sense of humor and quite frankly was not a good father or all that nice.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
New question:

How often do you change your home decor?

I mean things like photos, wall hangings, cushions, those sort of decorations.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Bonus Qn: What do you do with the things you've removed, move them to a different room, give them away, store them for the future...?

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, July 15, 2016 - 1:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Not too often, lol. I change out things like kidlet school pictures when they get new ones, so maybe once a year. I tend to decorate with Kota's artwork, paintings and drawings and I frame those. Haven't changed any because the ones I've hung, I love.

I change things around occasionally. I collect a Halloween Town village (kinda like Christmas villages, but instead of Santa's Workshop, there is the Witches Brewery, etc) and I love it enough to leave it up almost year round. Most of the time it sits either in the hallway upstairs or in the dining room, but every October it gets moved to the living room.

I have a toy shelf, because people are forever buying me toys (the last one being a Hot Wheel car, shaped like Yoda, lol, that'd be my youngest nephew) and I'll move that to the dining room to make room for Halloween decs and Christmas decs. Oh, and a shadow box, that I change for each holiday (ornaments for Christmas, hearts for Valentine's day, etc.)

When I do change things, I mostly just move them to a different room. The pictures, if it's a favorite, I will move that to another room, otherwise, I put it in an album. I mean, I love my kids and nieces and nephews, but between mine and the rest of them, that's 12 kids with at least once a year pictures, lol! I wouldn't have room for anything else.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 15, 2016 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I try to remember to change the pictures on the walls at least seasonally.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, July 15, 2016 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I don't do much changing of décor.

If I get something new, I may put the old item in the basement for awhile, or toss it.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, July 15, 2016 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Hardly ever - but I don't have much decor. When we built our new home 12 years ago, we put in huge windows so I have hardly any wall space that needs decorating. We're replacing furniture this year and next, and sometime in the next couple of years we'll change out the flooring and repaint. I still love the autumn colors I've used, though, so I don't foresee big changes in wall colors. Carpeting will be replaced with wide board style laminate, though.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, July 15, 2016 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I don't really change anything. My now daughter-in-law gave me a painting of a Scottish Terrier at Christmas that I hung up in the living room (it looks like my dog), and that's probably the biggest change I've made in the past ten years.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 15, 2016 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mostly I do a lot of furniture rearranging to give a room a change. Not very much decor change at all.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 15, 2016 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, rarely but I did change the location of a chair last week. Now it is by the sliding glass door and the kitties can sit on the back and watch the birds.

Plus I think it makes my living room more conversational, LOL.

Haven't changed the wall art since I moved in, added one photo to a table of my sister and me on a cruise.

Also I have been trying to get rid of knick-knacks (clutter) so that it is easier to take care of, most of it goes to goodwill.

When we get to Fall I will put the teal slipcovers on the sofa instead of the white ones.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 15, 2016 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not really.. though when I got the flat screen tv last year of course the TV itself was radical change, looks wise and I did some rearranging of the room at that time too.

And I added a set of stairs to Katniss' collection of cat furniture.

But decorations mostly just stay where they were.

I do change my mini garden flag out front once in awhile.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 15, 2016 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Your answers make me feel less odd now! I've always wondered if people are constantly changing things around.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I move the furniture in the living room every summer so that the computer desk is under the ceiling fan. Living in Phoenix, this keeps me a bit cooler. (And yes, it does mean that the computer desk is in THE MIDDLE of the living room....LOL)

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I rarely change the decor. I've wanted to change the living room drapes for years but never get around to it.

If I do change anything when decluttering, I give it to the local thrift store.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Only change decor when I find something irresistible at an estate sale or some other secondhand outlet. I generally don't buy new decor items because there is already enough "stuff" in this world. I was in a beautiful condo today owned by a decorator, and it was all just lovely, but, oh, the waste of it all seems decadent.

I generally just take all of my recycled, recycled "stuff" to Goodwill.

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
never

Lyn

08-07-2002

Monday, July 18, 2016 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
You're suppose to change your home decor? Oops!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Every few months I move things around but I keep everything it just shows up in a new place. Freaks everyone out especially the cats.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
New question:

You want a chocolate brownie! There are three to choose from

A) a corner piece
B) a piece with one edge
C) a middle piece

all are the same size. Which do you choose?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I would choose C) a middle piece.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
C

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
A. Definitely a corner piece.. love the edges best.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
A. corner piece

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
C.