TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 26, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through July 26, 2016 users admin

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
My son had it done a couple of times by his pediatrician when he was little. It's amazing what he got out of that little ear!

I hope that clears things up for you!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
My son had to have this done a few times when he was young.. They used something like a waterpick. It was painful for him but great results. Prior to having it done the school thought he was hearing impaired. Right after it was done his speech/enunciation improved because he could actually hear us speaking. Hoping the newer methods aren't painful

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Bigdog has had it done a couple times. Nurse does it at the family doctor's office. No need whatsoever to see an ENT. I forget what they called it, something like an elephant gun, and they shot in water and it sucked the wax back out, and we did not have to see it. Get it done. You will be glad you did.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Does anyone else have Comcast email? Am I the only one who is having a problem accessing my email?

It is so annoying.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Something going on there, Dipo:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=4971129

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's a miracle, LOL, my email is back.

thanks Rupertbear, I don't know why they didn't just tell me there had been a problem and they were working on it. So annoying, I had to change my password and it still didn't work. I suppose it was time to make a new password but I really liked my old one, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW Q: Anyone know what the difference is between Centrum Silver Men, and Centrum Silver Women? I was noticing the price differences and wondered if they are essentially the same vitamin.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
It's funny, I looked at their site and they compared a whole combination of their vitamins to each other except for the men to women.
Did you compare the back of the bottle to each other?
I am wondering if it's more calcium and less iron for women

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That's a good idea Texannie, I will see if there is a difference in the calcium. I did notice on the men's bottle it said stronger bones, LOL. I will get to the bottom of this.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am pretty sure I have compared the ingredients before and decided to stick with the women's.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm not seeing that much difference?
http://www.centrum.com/faqs?tid=2

What makes Centrum® Silver® Men different from Centrum® Silver® Adults multivitamins?
A:

Centrum Silver Men builds off of the same great formula as Centrum Silver Adults, but is personalized with nutrients specific to help support Men’s health after the age of 50. Centrum Silver Men contains higher levels of vitamins A, C, D, E, K, B6, and B12, as well as calcium, zinc, selenium copper, manganese, chromium, molybdenum, lutein, and lycopene, all key nutrients needed to help support Men’s health after the age of 50.*
Q:

What makes Centrum® Silver® Women different from Centrum® Silver® Adults multivitamins?
A:

Centrum Silver Women builds off of the same great formula as Centrum Silver Adults, but is personalized with nutrients specific to help support Women’s health after the age of 50. Centrum Silver Women contains higher levels of vitamins A, C, D, E, K, B6, and B12, as well as calcium, zinc, chromium, molybdenum, and lutein, all key nutrients needed to help support Women’s health after the age of 50.*

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They look pretty much the same with to me. A few different things after the vitamins are listed.

I just think it is interesting because the mens is cheaper than the womens, naturally.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That summary doesn't give amounts of anything, but there are actually a few extra ingredients in the men's version.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have been taking two inexpensive store-brand multi vitamins every day since the early '70s. Waaay back then came down with a cold a week before leaving for Europe. Nooooo! Went to local drugstore. Are you taking vitamins? No. Take four to knock out the cold and then take two. I did. Cold was gone before leaving. I rarely get colds, etc. One maybe every 12 - 18 months. I've been taking Target brand for good number of years. Now they have two different multis for women -- <50 and >50. Slightly different.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I went to the chewable Centrum Silver long ago when I would get some of the larger tablets stuck in my throat and it was scary.

So mine is Centrum Silver Chewable for adults

I'll have to compare. What I'm finding online is vague or unreadable. Next time I get to Rite Aid, if they have all formats I'll just take a picture to compare them.

I tend to do my own extra stuff like magnesium and biotin, green tea, grapeseed, primrose oil, krill, calcium/D3 and vitamin C.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I have another dumb question.

Over a year ago (May 2015) I ordered a marijuana vape from a small startup that began with a kickstarter campaign. When I ordered, it was post-kickstarter, but before they'd actually started shipping. I finally got my vape over a year later, in June, and it was/is as good as the reviews for it promised way back when. But then I had a problem charging it, so I contacted the company for a warranty request.

They responded well and told me to register it online so I could put in the warranty request form. I tried to do that, but when I did, I couldn't complete the warranty request because the ID of my vape didn't match the serial number. So I again contacted the company to tell them about the problem. I also asked why, when I'd ordered a titanium vape, my serial number was GS, which means stainless rather than titanium.

Oh! We might have sent you the stainless in error! We can refund you the difference or you can send it back to us and we'll ship you a new titanium one.

And I'm thinking--wait a second here! *I* have to pay to ship it back to you even though you made the error? Huh? I appreciate that this is a small startup company, but that seems unethical at the very least...and the cynic in me (80% of me TBH) believes that they tried to pull one over on me by sending me a cheaper product instead of the one that I paid for, so I'm kinda annoyed. Question: is it unreasonable to demand that they pay the shipping? And what do I do if it's not unreasonable and they say no?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I would certainly ask them to pay shipping. I'm not sure I'd consider it unethical if they say no. Of course good business practice would be for them to pay since it was their mistake. When I have to pay shipping for something (which I hate doing) I tell myself I'm paying for the gasoline it would take to drive to a store and the time I would have spent returning it or spent shopping.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I compared the Silver Men vs Women from what I could see at Amazon. The Men's has lycopene and the Women's has potassium.

Those are the only two I could see that were different. And I know I want the potassium so I will be doing the Women's Centrum.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
No, it is not unreasonable. How about they ship you the correct product and include a prepaid shipping label for you to return the product they shipped to you in error? Or they at least send you a pre-paid shipping label. That should be doable with very little hassle.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
that's a good idea, Juju. I think I'll try that. It can't hurt to ask

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's unreasonable. They screwed it up in the first place and should pay for it to be sent back.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I have a question, more curiosity than anything else.

I was in the drs office with Dakota today and checking out some of the pamphlets they had, when I saw one about shingles. Then the dr distracted me (there was this whole ugly scene with ear irrigation which totally creeps me out, lol) and I forgot to ask her about it.

You only catch shingles if you've had chickenpox right? So, my kids, and kids around their ages, who've all had the chickenpox vaccine and never had chickenpox, shouldn't have to worry about shingles? Or will they have to have booster shots later in life?

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 2:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I think the worry is for older folks who mostly had chicken pox as a child, War.

I believe that the younger generations, if they did indeed get the chicken pox vaccine and consequently never contracted the disease, are safe from getting shingles.

I think the vaccine is good for life and no booster is required but I'm not 100% certain.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
When our company ships the wrong product, we either pay for the return shipping, or we say don't bother to ship it back (especially if it can't be reused).

That's a standard business practice. But if we really want it back, we do ask them to send it before we send a replacement, otherwise we get poor compliance.

They can Email you a prepaid return shipping label, that you can print out at home and use to ship back the wrong item.

Hope that helps!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Wargod, a couple of things about shingles. Some people get them even though they don't remember having chicken pox. It's likely that they had such a mild infection, they don't remember.

If you get shingles, the shingles isn't contagious, but you can give chicken pox to someone who hasn't had it (when you have the rash).

Note that some studies are saying that because adults are not exposed to chickenpox in children today (because of the vaccine) they may be MORE likely to contract shingles. Being exposed to chicken pox later in life apparently boasts your immunity. There are others who dispute this.

While kids who have been vaccinated against chicken pox can't have shingles, they can get chicken pox later in life - they are still trying to figure out what is an appropriate boaster schedule.