TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 05, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 05, 2016 users admin

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Dawn

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dawn

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
It's one of those gigantic plastic jug things - I'm pretty sure it's Costco brand. (Can you tell I never go grocery shopping - hate it!).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Palmolive

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
dawn

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Joy

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Dawn. Use it for dishes and equal parts with vinegar for almost all my other cleaning needs (especially the tub).

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
What ever is on sale. Doesn't really matter to me.

But...the only thing I use to was my face is Dove soap...love it! :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dawn

A couple drops works in a pinch for shampoo, too. I learned that on a camping vacation.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Grrr...that's "wash"...not "was"...lol

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Mostly Dawn, but I used to use anything. We use Dawn at work. They also mix it with vinegar to clean tubs. But it also works to kill ants. I also mix a little bit of water with it, to kill the ants. Just to be clear Dawn, vinegar, and water mixed in a spray bottle to kill ants. Feel it's much safer around the cats.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Dawn

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I just figured everybody uses Dawn. Once you use it and see how it cuts grease, why would you use anything else? I am going to have to try that vinegar thing on the bathtub.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am rarely in the "everybody" category.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Juju, It cuts the hard water build up on tubs like magic. Put 1 cup of vinegar in the microwave and heat to boiling, add 1 cup of blue Dawn and put in a spray bottle, shaking gently to mix. Spray on the tub and let set for a couple of hours (or overnight) wipe with a sponge and rinse thoroughly. No scrubbing and you know how bad the hard water is in this area.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
according to Madgehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDJjyUpXyE

Lyn

08-07-2002

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Dawn

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I work more hrs than Frank does. Dishes are his! He uses the dishwasher for the most part & we have a big bottle of Sam's club dish soap for hand washables & soaking.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I should say, it's not the palmolive specifically that causes skin irritation for me. I have tons of trouble with all sorts of products (body wash, laundry soap, cleaners, etc) and have to be careful. Once I find something I can use with no irritation or rashes, I tend to stick with it.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 1:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
New Question: Personality wise, do you take after anyone in your family?

I had my youngest nieces and nephew tonight, and it cracks me up everytime I do because the youngest, who is 3, is Dakota jr. She has this feisty spirit, serious attitude, and very quick temper. Last time she was here, she kicked Caleb in the shin, and when put in time out, fake sobbed the entire two minutes, then flat out refused to apologize to him. Something I've seen Kota do a million times. And me and little "adopted" sis just shake our heads and joke about what she's in for with the little one. Not to mention the fact that they aren't blood related and little niece shouldn't take after Kota! Since Kota has calmed down a lot, I can say I find the whole thing hysterical.

Got me to thinking how unalike my family I really am. Mom, sister, aunts and uncles, cousins, etc. I am very introverted and shy, I like being alone more than most people, prefer to stay home and other than family coming over, I kinda like a quiet house.

Rest of my family are the exact opposites. My mom really doesn't understand me at all. Growing up, if we were at home, someone was visiting. And if no one was over, it was because we were at someone elses house. I get kinda twitchy when I'm around people for too long without a break, sis is a lot like mom, she starts to get twitchy without people around. My granny and aunt both used to throw big parties on a regular basis (birthday's, bbq, Saturday because why not?) and they enjoyed stuff like that. To me it's totally stressful to host a party, though with Darren and the kids, I do do it once in a while.

I'd say I was adopted or an alien or something, except there is a strong family resemblance, lol.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
No, I don't. I am not as outgoing as the rest of my family.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm a lot like my dad in personality: introverted, anxious of new situations, don't like social events or meeting new people. I'm not as bad as him by far (he worries so much he makes himself ill sometimes) but I see a lot of myself in him. Physically I'm like my mum.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
In some ways, yes. Both of my parents are driven, goal-oriented, education-loving people who read continuously. I have my grandmother's tendency to bitchiness which is tempered (however slightly) by my mom's ability to hide it. :-) Both of my parents are in service-oriented careers (teacher and nurse), so I suppose I get that from them, too.

My child, though, takes after his father in that whole driven, goal-oriented aspect. My MIL was the most passive person I have EVER met, and while my DH isn't quite as passive as she was, but he is much more willing to maintain the status quo. My child is exactly the same. "Good enough" is good enough for him, and it drives me a bit nuts upon occasion. :-)

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, both of my parents were both fairly outgoing socially. When I was younger, I'd force myself to go to parties, etc. Now, I don't...if I don't feel like going, I won't. I'm much better with one on one situations, chatting with people.

Love to spend time with my sons but that doesn't happen often enough, unfortunately. The grandchildren are still young enough that I can only take them in small doses. Love them but need my quiet time! lol

Thank goodness for the phone, where I can have nice long chats with my sons, if I wish.

Found someone who is of a similar temperament to myself, so it's all good.

My siblings aren't huge on socializing either now, either. Not sure if it's age that does this to people or we just find the level that suits us the best.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Oh, heavens no. My sole relative (mother) died in '89 and she and I were about as different from one another as two human beings ever could be. (But I'm grateful she gave me life - extremely so.)