TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 01, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through July 01, 2016 users admin

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I do indeed remember years ago, when you guys would often arrange a meeting. Back then it seemed that most of them were occurring in California.

Oh and whilst we are strolling down memory lane, I remember a poster called Aubergine.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
My profile pic is "fairly" accurate. It is a few years old, but I still look much the same. A little grayer and a little less heavy.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Oh yay, I did remember how to access peoples pix.

Hey, you're a blonde too! :-)

I forgot we could add a pic to our profile.
Just added mine.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Update: My trip to Windsor has been cancelled or at least postponed. A few of us were out to dinner and at the end of the meal my friend Bob checked his messages on his phone and discovered that his elderly mother had just been ambulanced into the hospital in pain. She normally has severe breathing issues and is on oxygen 24.7, and puffers. So this was scary. We paid the bill and dashed out of there and got back to my place where he scooped up his belongings and then dashed back to Windsor in record time, about 4 hours only stopping once for gas. He texted me around 4 a.m. to reassure me that she was home now and resting. Apparently they found a hernia and if it recurs they will operate. As she is frail and elderly I'm sure they'd appreciate all the prayers for it to NOT reoccur.

As for me, I told Bob in the restaurant that I wasn't going to join him this time, as we had no idea how serious this was or how long she'd be in the hospital, and there was no way they needed me underfoot right now. We agreed that it might be better perhaps in August or whenever. So I've emailed both Y2K & RPB to notify them, and am now just informing y'all as to what's transpired and why I won't be in Windsor this week.

Frankly I'm just relieved she was well enough last night to be released and is resting at home. I do believe at some point we WILL have our mini-meet. And I am very much looking forward to it. I'm sure it will be great fun when we do get together.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I'm so sorry about your friend's Mum, Mame. Hope things are ok.

It's disappointing for tomorrow but the Three Amigos shall meet in the near future!! :-)

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry we have to postpone, but we WILL meet soon. I'm going away for most of July! Woohoo! Taking 3 weeks holiday. Going to see our son in Banff, AB. Driving through the States. We're going to Yellowstone National Park for sure to see Old Faithful. I'll try to post when I can.
Know that all are in my prayers.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rupertbear & Y2Krazy.
RPB - The 3 Amigos... I luv it! :-) Y2k that sounds like quite an adventure. Enjoy!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That sounds like a fantastic holiday! Sorry about you missing the meet up, Mame. Hopefully she feels better soon.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Wow, that's an awesome vay-cay, Y2. And getting to see your son, priceless. Saw my second youngest in Calgary last month, for a week and I treasured every moment.

Yep, August might be good for the Three Amigos to meet up, Mame.

Lol, OG...I'm probably Martin Short!

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Getting very busy already to be set to go very early Friday morning. Since it's a holiday I get an extra day of vacation! We took 3 weeks so we can see more of Alberta than we did the last two times we went.
Our son came home just a week or so ago because one of his friends got married. This bunch of "kids" have been friends since Junior Kindergarten and haven't all been together since high school grad, so he didn't have much time for us. LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEWQ: So I have a wall unit AC unit, it is like a window unit, that is they way these condos were built, not central air. Anyway, I don't have a manual and I keep forgetting to look on the internet, so I am asking here.

There is a button called vent that moves to close or open. When I am running it should it be on open?

I have had it on closed because I thought that would keep the rain water from coming in, that sort of worked I did get a drip when we had a bad storm.

So do I open it when it is running? Thanks!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It should be closed if you're running the AC otherwise you're cooling outside air along with your inside air (which of course will cost you more). If your unit allows you to just use a fan (without the AC cooling) then you could have it open or closed: having the vent open brings outside air inside; having it closed would just circulate the inside air.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kitt, that makes total sense now that you explained it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEWQ:

So I want to get some hotdogs for 4th of July but I don't know what kind to buy! Any recommendations? TIA

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Buying hot dogs drives me absolutely crazy! Chicken, turkey, pork, beef mixtures of them all. I like the beef ones the best and my hot dogs must be cooked til they are a bit burned.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 12:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto what Sugar said re: beef hot dogs and I like mine a bit burnt too.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I like Brats better than hot dogs. The texture, flavor and substance are just nicer.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
100% beef no matter what kind you are buying. I have heard the kosher ones are the best.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks. So funny you mention the content Sugar, I was getting really confused about what kind of meat.

I just wanted a hotdog like I had as a kid, weren't those always beef?

Abby7

07-17-2002

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I tried sending you a link on this thread (and bb thread...when you asked there). Couple of years ago I googled "healthiest hot dogs". Could not post it.

Sugar, agree w/you re a bit burned. (Bun too). , I don't eat many hot dogs these days. When I was a kid ... beef/pork? I don't know.

I just know, one must use Dijon mustard (not ketchup like dh). Lol

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
My favorite hot dogs are 100% kosher beef NATHAN hot dogs. The famous hot dog eating contest is at NATHAN's Coney Island for a reason! YUMMY!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
If you are around my age (56) not all hot dogs were 100% beef - they are divided into "all beef" and "all meat." All meat can be a mixture of different types of proteins (don't read the label if you don't want to know) whereas all beef is just...well, you know. I read the label one time at the store and never bought another all meat package.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I didn't know that but good, that is the kind of hotdog I wanted. (I am older, LOL)

Abby, I had already posted here, but no one was answering because they were all over in BB, so I did a quick off topic there and got what I needed to know.

thanks.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL about "healthy hot dog". If you are going to eat one, go for taste.. just don't do that often.

Locally, we have Jerry's Wood Fired Dogs (I think wood fired) and they are really really good!

Scooterrific introduced me to those dogs and to Jerry.. I think he was working on his second store back then but seems to have more now. Nice man and good dogs and so many toppings you get to choose and they make their own potato chips.

Needless to say they aren't on my current diet but if I was going to get one, I'd go there..

or I also like the Wetzel Dog at Wetzel's Pretzels.. yummy.