TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 23, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: TVCH OVER '60ish" Thread : Archive through May 23, 2016 users admin

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
No, I unfortunately missed that OG.

I have been very fortunate to inherit my Dad's gene's. I'm always being told I don't look my age, which is kind of nice.

Plus I'm a Capricorn and we supposedly age in reverse! ha ha ha

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Same here Rupertbear, I look like my dad and am often taken for much younger.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
http://www.rockfish-river.com/en/mary-ellen-walton.html

I didn't know this

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Rosie. I hadn't thought of her in years.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I opened the microwave door to heat my dinner and there was a cup of tea, waiting for me.

I had put it in at lunchtime and had forgotten all about it.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
that's funny & a nice surprise. I've put restaurant leftovers in the microwave thinking I would just heat them up a little later when I was hungry again & not found them until too much later to eat them when I was opening the microwave to put something else in.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My eyelids are much better than that, thankfully!!! But recently when I was at the height of my mild (comparatively, still hurt) case of shingles there was a "shingle" on the outside in the middle of one eyelid and that eyelid did end up looking like that.. kind of a bloodhoundish look.. not pretty.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
LOL, Dogdoc! I have done that myself! One day I looked all over for my favorite mug. I thought for sure someone broke into my house and stole it! Next morning, I opened the microwave and there it sat with water & a tea bag in it that I never heated up. Now, anytime I'm missing something in the kitchen, I look in the microwave first!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
My goal for 2015 was to lose just 10 pounds. Only 15 to go.

Ate salad for dinner! Mostly croutons & tomatoes. Really just one big, round crouton covered with tomato sauce. And cheese. FINE, it was a pizza. I ate a pizza.

I just did a week's worth of cardio after walking into a spider web.

I don't mean to brag but......I finished my 14-day diet in 3 hours and 20 minutes.

A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than men who mention it.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Senility has been a smooth transition for me.

Remember back when we were kids and every time it was below zero out they closed school?
Me neither.

I may not be that funny or athletic or good looking or smart or talented....I forgot where I was going with this.

I love being over 50. I learn something new every day.......and forget 5 others.

A thief broke into my house last night......He started searching for money so I woke up and searched with him.

My dentist told me I need a crown. I was like: I KNOW! Right?

I think I'll just put an "Out of Order" sticker on my forehead and call it a day.

PS: Sunday, March 13, 2016 begins Daylight Savings Time. Don't forget to set your bathroom scale back 10 pounds on Saturday night.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be" - Lao Tzu

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    

Jeep

10-17-2001

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Love it, OG!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, I thought I was in the weight loss thread and that OG had lost her mind.

Which I guess is quite apropos of this thread ...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Gonna be 61 on Wednesday... which is nice cuz I was actually born on a Wednesday. But as I STILL haven't adjusted to being 60 yet, I've decided it's going to be my YEAR OF DYSLEXIA and I will tell anyone who asks, that I'm 16 again!

I actually do have DYSCALCULIA which is numerical dyslexia, so it's not a complete fabrication. I've been known to unintentionally transpose numbers, for instance if you tell me your phone number I will HEAR it CORRECTLY but somehow may end up transposing a couple of the numbers. It's embarrassing, because in the early days I would find myself arguing with people that I heard them correctly so they MUST have given me the WRONG number.

Imagine, lol, telling people that they screwed up their OWN phone number. So yeah, after joking that I had numerical dyslexia, I actually looked it up, and it exists. And I fit the criteria.

It's not just phone numbers, I've transposed numbers in other situations as well, like if I take down a confirmation number or whatever. I have to be REALLY careful and repeat it back to the person. So there you have it, happy 16th to me next week. Hee Hee!

And since I never had a Sweet 16, it's going to be doubly sweet this time around when I get together with my pals the following weekend for my b'day brunch. I'm already planning to have a cake that says Sweet 16 on it! ;) ;) Cuz I love whimsy and silliness. As the kids say nowadays, it's how I roll.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Happy B-Day a bit early, Mameblanche. I turned 61 in February. I can hardly believe it. 40 and 50 were just yesterday.

When people find out that I've worked for the same company for 43 years, I just tell them that I'm really only 45 years old. I crawled thru the front door when I was 2 years old and I smile! It's either that or cry because I was stupid enough to stay that long! LOL

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
LOL Jeep! And thanks. :-)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
In May I'm going to be plenty-six. Don't know how that happened?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Happy 'plenty-six' in advance, darling OG. (I love that phrase and may nick it.)

And happy belated b'day Jeep! :-)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Boy, you young gals are really getting up there.

MB, I did not know there is an actual "thing" about transposing numbers, although I recently encountered it when signing up for DirectTV and dumping Comcast. I was giving the young man numbers and sort of watching to make sure he wrote them down right, which he did. And then, I happened to hear him talking on his cell phone to the home office to sign us up, and he gave our address with transposed numbers, and I interrupted his phone conversation to point out the error, and he looked at the form he had filled out with the correct number, and gave it on the phone wrong again, and I corrected him again. It was just weird, and he was embarrassed and said he has this number dyslexia thing. Huh!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I was just searching on my unsmart LG flip phone to see how I can set the number of rings higher before it goes to voicemail. (it takes a while to figure out where a phone you never use is located when it rings and scares the crap out of you)

Didn't find it*, but I did find an option for "senior mode." I had no idea what that was, but opted in. You kids brace yourselves. You thought peri-menopause was a living hell? Buckle up, Buttercup.

*don't worry, I am not actually losing it; just leaving tomorrow for a 3+ week cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Southampton, England, then week long rental car to Edinburgh, Scotland and making sure I have every freaking last detail just perfect, and they probably all are just perfect (unless anybody calls me on my super secret cell phone number, which changed over the winter and may even be so super secret that not even Pamy and Seamonkey have it).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If I ever had it, it was on my not smart LG flip phone so I may or may not have access to it but now I have a smart phone .. that does drive me crazy at times.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Have a wonderful trip, Juju.

Wow, I also had an LG flip-up, which I dearly loved but had to replace it last year, alas.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I still have an LG flip phone and no smart phone.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Have fun Juju and Bigdawg. Happy trails.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks for all the b'day wishes and interesting comments on Dyscalculalia. I suppose I should drop by this thread more often. Lol

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, May 23, 2016 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just turned plenty-six on Mother's Day. I must be getting close to being the oldest person at The Clubhouse.

What's sort of funny is that years ago when I started cruising I was always the youngest person at the dinner table. Now, not so much.