TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Google Chrome

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Google Chrome users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Do you know a shortcut key that i can use to tab thru open windows (the tabs at the top) in chrome? alt tab works to switch between programs ie go from WORD to chrome but i neeed one for the tabs. tia!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Pamy - Use Ctl and then the numbers 1-9 (1 is the first tab, 2 is the next, etc.).

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Pamy, Press Ctrl + Tab to scroll through your tabs. It works for other browsers, too.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ty so much! even though I had carpal tunnel, tennis elbow and shoulder surgery excessive mouse use kills my arm! keyboard shortcuts are life savers!

Wahoo both ways work great!!!!! Ironically, I am working on my Reality Rally stuff(I have to work with mulitple webpages/google docs) so it's ironic that I get the ansswer from my friends at my reality board! xoxoxo

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
That is a new one for me too, so thanks a lot, Teachmichigan!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
:-) I am no fan of Chrome, but we HAVE to use it at school and with all the Google apps, so I've learned to beat it into submission.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!! on a shared google doc spreadsheet.. Do you know a way to change view for individuals but it wont change that view for others that you shard it with?

(ie moving columns around for my needs but other person sees it the way they want)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Sometimes I like Chrome, and sometimes I don't, but I have also learned to live with it.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
You'd have to make a copy of a shared document in order to move it so others wouldn't see it. This takes away the benefit of many editing it, but if it makes it easier for you, you could always copy/paste items you altered from your copy back to the shared copy. The other option is to work on it offline then just revert back to the original organization before connecting again so it won't sync up with the changes.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
good idea, ty Teach!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
So, what browser besides Chrome is a good choice?

Why I’m done with Chrome

quote:

A few weeks ago Google shipped an update to Chrome that fundamentally changes the sign-in experience. From now on, every time you log into a Google property (for example, Gmail), Chrome will automatically sign the browser into your Google account for you. It’ll do this without asking, or even explicitly notifying you. (However, and this is important: Google developers claim this will not actually start synchronizing your data to Google — yet. See further below.)

Your sole warning — in the event that you’re looking for it — is that your Google profile picture will appear in the upper-right hand corner of the browser window. I noticed mine the other day:

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like Firefox.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I've used Firefox for years and am very happy with it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I use Firefox also. They made a recent minor change that is annoying, that you can't find and remove cookies for *specific* websites, but otherwise I'm happy with it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You can, Karuuna.

Go into options >> Privacy and Security.
Scroll down and choose "manage Data" along the right side. There you can delete individually.

I do have the latest version.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry, I wrote that badly.

I want to delete *some* of the cookies for a particular website not all of them.

So, you can delete all the cookies for a particular website, but you can no longer see the individual cookies for each website.

So... for my business website, when I'm testing a new feature, I'd like to remove just the cookies for that feature, but not *all* the cookies from my own website.

I think it's probably only of issue for people that are maintaining, managing websites.

Spear

08-05-2001

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
I think you have to be on the site with the relevant cookies, but the method described at the end (II) of this page might help?
https://techdows.com/2018/02/how-to-remove-individual-cookies-in-firefox-60.html

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I have a issue with the Chrome update, maybe its fixable and I just dont know how.
Every time I log into anything that streams' used to be effortless but no more. Now every single time I change sites or log in I have to wait till a little box drops asking me if I except Flash? Why? It used to load up so fast and now it just thinks and thinks and finally asks me if I want to use it. Why? never had to do that before this update. And I have already checked the box asking if I allow flash, why another one.

I have a brand new HP tower and it was so fast, maybe I will install Firefox.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I have always hated Chrome, so although I have to use it for school, I also use Opera and Firefox. At home, my default is Opera because Firefox started having issues w/my Facebook. I think it's my laptop as it doesn't happen at school, but Opera has no issues for me.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m not a big Google fan. They do provide some great services and products but at the cost of consumer privacy. I guess as long as you weigh that balance and find it acceptable (and sometimes I do) then that’s fine.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, August 11, 2023 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have a anew Chromebook and need to know how to turn on the camera and audion functions for a ZOOM call! I know nothing, so please use one-syllable words!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: