TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 11, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: All Things Baseball: Archive through October 11, 2015 users admin

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
R.I.P Don Zimmer

Rays pay tribute to Don Zimm

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-to-honor-don-zimmer-at-saturdays-game/2183207

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11048245/tampa-bay-rays-celebrate-don-zimmer-life-pregame-ceremony

http://deadspin.com/watch-the-touching-tribute-to-don-zimmer-before-dodgers-1587610681

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
RIP Tony Gwynn

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
WHOOHOO!!!

The San Francisco Giants are once again World Series Champions, 2010, 2012, 2014!!!!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That Bumgarner was amazing. I can't believe he's only 25 years old!

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
He really is amazing! He was born on the same day as my youngest son, who also happened to be at the game the first time he ever pitched (he had gone to see Tim Lincecum, who had the flu that day). My son was initially disappointed that he couldn't see Timmy, but was a fan by the end of the game!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I will admit that I am not much of a baseball fan, except during the playoffs. I've been known to leave by the 7th inning of a game because I am bored stiff. But, watching the Giants play is very exciting.... And, growing up in the NW, the Giants were 'our' team before the Mariners were even a gleam in MLB's eyes.

Having said that, the Giants would never have won without Bumgarner. He seems like such a nice, normal guy and really cute to boot. In fact, all of the Giant players seem like their egos are put aside for team ball. I do not remember ever seeing a 'team' play like this before. Minimal home runs, but if 1 guy gets on base... everyone works and plays to get him around the bases. Loved the panda heads in the crowd too!!

Just a fun series to watch. All my friends were so excited that the Giants won.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Congratulations to Madison Bumgarner for being the AP Male Athlete of the Year! I have a special affinity for him since he was born on the same day, same year, as my youngest son, who also happened to be at the Giant's game the first day he pitched.

Bigstory.ap.org

Also congratulations to Mo'ne Davis, the first girl to win a Little League World Series game, for being named the AP Female Athlete of the Year!

New York Times

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
groovy baby

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
As a Cubs fan, this season has been so exciting. We are so in love with our rookie, Bryant!

This month has been just invigorating to watch. Our August record so for, as of today, is 17 wins and 4 losses! How freakin' wonderful is that?

My Granny is 99 years old, and an avid Cubs fan. Please Cubs, do it this year for her.

Nancy

08-01-2000

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nancy a private message Print Post    
I am a tried and true Red sox nation fan. However, my dad fell in love with the Cubbies back in the 80's when we first got cable tv and WGN. So, I am a cubbies fanactic by proxy. Go cubbies!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 28, 2015 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It seems since I posted about how well the Cubs are doing, they haven't won a game. I blame myself for their losses. I'll only be back if it's post season celebrating a certain something.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
You ran into an embarrassed Giants team, Naja. You swept us 4 games a few weeks ago! Even this die-hard Giants fan has enjoyed reading about the Cubbies!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I know I said I wouldn't post, but how can I not get so excited about a Cubs no-hitter against the Dodgers tonight? OMG it was so exciting watching those last 3 outs. Even the Dodger fans were were excited and cheering.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ok, I already posted how my Granny is 99 and an avid Cubs fan. The Cubs have never won the World Series in her lifetime.

Please everyone, send your positive energy to the Chicago Cubs to win their double header against the Pirates on Tuesday.

Thank you!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody know how I can write the Cubs people to let them know they have 99 year old fan waiting for a Cubs World Series win?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ok, I found the address to write. Let's see if they write back.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Quietly optimistic about the Rangers...they are killing the Astros in the series that determines the division championship! (I hope writing this doesn't jinx them!)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sorry, I was wrong. It didn't determine the division championship but they did take the lead in the division by sweeping the Astros back to Houston!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I absolutely love how everyone thought the Cubs 3 game series against 1st place St. Louis would equal 3 losses for the Cubs. But the Cubs took 2 of 3 in the series! WOO HOO!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 12:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yogi Berra has passed at the age 90 :-(

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/09/23/baseball-great-yogi-berra-dies-at-0/

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Woo Hoo! The Cubs won their wild card playoff game against the Pirates!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
How about them Rangers? And why are they playing (after an afternoon game yesterday) an 11:30 game this morning? I'll bet the Yankees are playing in primetime!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
14th inning - and my daughter has now discovered we don't have the MLB Network at home and she's not pleased!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Rangers up 2-0 coming home for a primetime game Sunday night. Perez on the hill...should be good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For any Cubs fans out there, here's the Wrigley Field front gate live cam. I love taking a peak at the happy fans lining up to get in.

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/illinois/chicago/wrigleyfield/?cam=wrigleyfield_hd

The next game starts at 3:30 pm central time on Monday.