TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Crocheting and Knitting

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack The Hobby Hall: Crocheting and Knitting users admin

Florin

08-27-2006

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Was curious are there members that crochet. I started crocheting again after about a twenty year break. It has been fun making hats and blankets for family members. If you are crochet what project are you working on.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Reader123 knits and crochets, I believe. Like you, I took up knitting again about thirty years after last knitting anything. My best ever knitting was when I was around 14 and knitted complicated, patterned ski sweaters for Barbie dolls and sold them. It beat babysitting as a money-maker. Too bad we didn't have the internet then.

I brought a couple skeins of yarn and some knitting needles south with me this year (South Padre Island, TX, where we spend the winter). Reader123 posted a pattern for Vanessa's sloppy hat (BB17 contestant), and I thought I might give it a try. However, knitting is usually at the bottom end of my leisure activities, and I stay VERY busy all the time. I NEVER seem to have any free time.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Hi Florin. I used to crochet a lot but haven't done much in recent years. The first thing I made was an afghan. Then I moved on to baby sweaters, booties, blankets and hats. I've crocheted Christmas tree ornaments and children's mittens, scarves and sweaters. A few years ago, after not crocheting for decades, I made a couple dishcloths. They're very durable. I have materials to make more but haven't taken the time to do it yet.

I tried knitting. The long needles felt awkward to me after using crochet hooks, so I didn't pursue it. My mother-in-law learned to knit when she was 4 and did it all her life. It was fun to watch her speed through a project, seldom having to look at directions or at the knitting itself.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
My mother could knit like that.

Florin

08-27-2006

Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I am in the process of making my 5th afghan. I take a break from the afghan and make hats for the kids. I want to make at least 4 more afghans by Christmas if possible.

Florin

08-27-2006

Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 12:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
What help me get back into this is all the video's on you tube that help you get back in the swing of things.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Agreed, Florin. I have always knit with the yarn in the right hand, which is much slower and more tiring than left hand. I have seen some Youtubes showing hands knitting with yarn in left hand, and they look SO simple. I haven't tried it yet, though. There are those ancient muscle memories to overcome.

Florin

08-27-2006

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Its kind of to late for me this year but I am going to help our for next year. Yolanda Soto Lopez is a person on you tube that gives crochet tutorials. Each year she does a hat and scarf drive for the Lily of the Valley orphanage in Mexico. The last week for donations is the last week of November. Its to late for me this year to help out but I thought maybe the coming up year a bunch of us could use our left over yarn to make hats to donate for next year. She has a blog called allcraftschannel.com if you want to check it out.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I bookmarked it, Florin. I'd like to think I'll get around to doing it next year. Special Olympics requests crocheted or knit scarves each year for their games, and some year I plan to do that too. Scarves are easy.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm going to go and look now because we are currently looking for crocheted beanies for the homeless population we serve at our church. I haven't crocheted on a long time but I could probably put together a simple beanie.

Florin

08-27-2006

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I plan on doing beanies through out the year because I always end up with enough yarn from a project to throw together a quick beanie. I always buy extra yarn because I don't want to run out of a lot number when working on a project. LOL

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: