TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Rules and Q&A

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: NFL Football Pool Game XII: TVCH Style: Rules and Q&A users admin

Whoami

08-02-2001

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Q: I missed getting my picks in before the deadline. Now what?
A: Every regular player gets three BYE weeks allowed during the Regular Season (a BYE week is not available during the Post Season or Pre-Season). The BYE week will be automatically assessed, but only during a week you weren’t able to submit your picks in time for whatever reason. In other words, you can't go back and declare a BYE week once you see your picks for the week really sucked. The score you receive during your BYE week is as follows:
•The first BYE will be 90% of the average score of everyone who submitted regular picks for the week.
•The second BYE will be 85% of the average score of everyone who submitted regular picks for the week.
•The third BYE week will be 80% of the average score of everyone who submitted regular picks for the week.

Q: Oh crap, I didn’t realize there was a Thursday game this week, and I missed the deadline. Can I just post my picks for the rest of the week, and not pick for Thursday?
A: Yes you can, as long as the deadlines for the remaining games are still open. You’ll just have the earlier games as “no picks" which will factor in to your overall weekly score.

Q: I started making my picks for the early games in the week, then forgot to come back and complete the rest of my week’s picks. Can I just toss my picks and declare a BYE instead?
A: Yes you can, but since you started making picks, the BYE will actually be at 10% less value than the normal BYE you would be taking. In other words, if it’s your first BYE, it will be worth 80%. This is to prevent someone from seeing their early picks sucked and choosing to just forget it and take a BYE instead.

Q: What are all the different rankings I am playing for during the season?
A: Every Individual and Team can play for the following bragging rights: ·
Weekly Rankings (each week of play)
Regular Season Average (Weeks 1-17)
Post Season Average (Play Offs and Super Bowl)
Full Season Average (Weeks 1-17 and Post Season combined)

Q: I really don't like playing the Post Season. Do I have to?
A: You don't have to play the Post Season if you don't want to. If you don't play the Post Season, then you will be removed from the Post Season Average and Full Season Average rankings. Please let me know if you don’t intend to play the Post Season. If you just plain drop out of sight, I assume you just missed a week, give you a zero, and that gets factored into your Season Average ranking.

Q: What's all this I hear about playing on a team? What's that about?
A: At TVCH, each individual player also has the option to play on a team with two other players. Each player continues to play as an individual. Your individual score will be averaged with your teammate's individual scores to get a Team Average score.

Q: Do I have to play on a team?
A: No, you don't have to play on a team. You can continue to play just as an individual if you like. The team competition is just an added feature for those who wish to have an extra fun twist to the game.

Q: If I'm on a team, do I have to pick the way my teammates want me to pick?
A: Not at all. You make your individual picks as usual, any way you want. Of course, if you want to consult with your team mates, that's quite fine too.

Q: I'm on a team, and I missed the deadline. Does my team have to take a hit due to my forgetfulness?
A: Unfortunately yes. Whatever score you get for the week is factored in to your team’s average score, including zeros. However, don't forget you have an option to use your BYE week if you haven't already.

Q: Now that I know what this Team business is all about, can I still join/form a team, even though the season is already under way?
A: If you can find two other players to form a new team, you may do so. But what ever weeks your new team missed will be zeros for those weeks, even if the individual teammates have been playing from the beginning (it would be way too much work for me to go back through all my worksheets to make those scores retroactive). Those zeros would be factored in to your team's Season Average, just like if an individual joined the game late.

Q: If I'm on a Team, and I don't want to play the Post Season, what happens to my team's Average score?
A: If you notify me and your team before the Post Season begins, your team mates can decide if they want to find a replacement player for you for the Post Season, or to just play with two people for the remainder of the season. If you just disappear and stop making picks without prior notice, your team will start taking hits with zero scores until you are officially removed from the team.

Q: What's this I hear about a distribution list?
A: The distribution list is a service I'm offering to players who have a hard time remembering when the deadlines are each week. After I post the Game Open Announcement each week, I will send an e-mail to those on the distribution list. In that e-mail will be a link to the Game Open Announcement where you can then place your picks. I will also remind you of the deadline for that week. The distribution list is set up so each recipient will not be able to see the e-mail address of anyone else on the distribution list.

Q: Well cool. That distribution list sounds great! How do I get on it?
A: To get on the distribution list, just e-mail me at whoismare58@gmail.com with your request. Remember to identify yourself with your user name and the board you are playing on, since I use this address for all the boards I'm running this game on.

Q: The board was down when I tried to place my picks. Now what do I do?
A: If the board is down on deadline day, you may e-mail me your picks at whoismare58@gmail.com. Please make sure to identify yourself by your username and which board you are playing on (this e-mail address is used all the boards this game is being played on). Please do not assume I know who you are, even if we’ve exchanged e-mails before. With 50 people playing this game on multiple boards, it gets hard to remember everyone just by the e-mail address.

Q: My ISP went down before I could get my picks in. I can’t even e-mail you. Now what do I do?
A: It’s probably best to just take a BYE at this point.

Q: I'm going to be out of town, and won't be able to get my picks in. Can I have someone post them for me?
A: Yes. But you must post before hand that you will be out of town, and who will be posting your picks for you. The best place to post that declaration would be in General Discussions. However, if you are on a team, and one of your teammates will be posting picks for you, you can post in your team folder/thread. In either case, I'll respond to the post to let you know I've seen it. If you don't see my response, you might want to shoot me an e-mail too (although its unlikely I'll miss your post, you never know). I won't be able to accept someone else posting on your behalf unless you post the request first.

Q: I was called out of town/hospitalized/etc unexpectedly at the last minute, before I could make my picks. Now what do I do?
A: If you are unable to take advantage of the text message/phone call feature/services available, you can use your BYE week, if you haven't already.

Q: I didn't discover this radically cool game till you guys were already a few weeks into it. Can I still join in?
A: Absolutely. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join in at any time. If you join late, your Season Average ranking will suffer though, since it will reflect either a "zero" score for the weeks you didn't play, or you can use up your BYE weeks. Those scores will be factored in to your Season Average. The reason for this is, as the season progresses, it gets a little easier to make more correct picks, and get higher scores. It would be unfair for someone to join the game late in the season and start off with higher scores already.

Q: I joined the game late, but I'd rather not have such a low score in the Season Average ranking (what with all those low scores in the weeks I didn't play). Can I just play week to week, and not worry about a Season Average ranking?
A: Yes you may. Anyone is welcome to come and go, and play week to week. If you'd rather be removed from the Season Average Ranking, just let me know and I'll accommodate you.

Q: I kinda forgot to keep up with my picks during the season. Now its a few weeks later, and I want to still play. What do I do?
A: If you miss three weeks in a row, you will be removed from the Season Average rankings. You are still welcome to come back and play week to week if you like. And you can even be added back into the Season Average rankings at your request; as long as you realize the weeks you didn't play will be zero scores (or BYES) factored in to your Season Average.

Q: I posted my picks, but now I'm having second thoughts on some of them. Can I change my picks?
A: You may change/edit your picks as many times as you want up until the deadline.

Q: ACK! I just realized I goofed with one of my picks, and I didn't select a winning team for one of the games. Now what happens?
A: If you didn’t edit your picks before the deadline, the game in question will show up as a "no pick" for that particular game.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: