TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 19, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: QUICK QUESTIONS: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 19, 2015 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I love a latching lid on a crockpot. It also gives me peace of mind at home when I have the crockpot going throughout the day while I am at work. I keep thinking that some day the cats and dogs will be able to work together and knock the lid off while things are cooking but this is impossible with a latched pot.

Of course the dogs will first have to figure out how to get up on the countertop but my cats are smart enough to teach them!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL Roxip, I understand about the cats and dogs working things out and I bet the cats could teach the dogs.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think they sit around all day and conspire against me while I'm at work.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know how to re-calibrate an oven? One of my ovens is really off....almost by 10 degrees. I don't if I should just compensate any make it 10 degrees hotter or what.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
if you don't have your user manual, check online with your make and model. Every oven is different. Mine has a way to do it via the electronic controls. My old one was via a knob in the back of the unit.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Texannie!!! I wish you would come on here more and talk about cooking. I don't cook, but I like to read what you say about it. You never know when I may have to take up cooking myself one of these days.

(Long live Bigdog)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
LOL Juju!!!
Thanks, Landi.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Texannie, how do you know it is 10 degrees off?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I have noticed things take longer to bake in the bottom oven versus the top one. The other day I was baking something and several times would turn the oven off for a moment then turn it back on, each time the temp in the oven was around 10 degrees off (my oven display shows the temperature in the oven)

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
It is always best to get an oven thermometer. You can pick them up in the kitchen section of your Target/Walmart/Grocery store chain

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I have one and the display runs true. I used my thermometer today, and it's 10 off. I need to get out the manual and re-calibrate.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love to make fried potatoes on the weekend but I know those white potatoes aren't the best for you so I was trying to think if there were some other veggies I could add to make it a bit more healthy.

I am thinking bell peppers, onions, and yams, but it there anything else that goes with fried potatoes that I haven't thought of? TIA

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Asparagus would be fantastic!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I roast the potatoes instead (healthier than frying) and still gives them a lovely, crunchy, browning and sweet flavor. Roast them with butternut squash, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, onion, zucchini, yellow squash, whatever's fresh and appeals to you.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ooooh, what excellent ideas. I do have a new non-stick pan, that I love, that works well with just a little pam, and some butter at the end for flavor.

I love roasted veggies so I will try so of these suggestions.

Thanks so much.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
What are some every day ways you use/eat cream cheese?

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Heck, I love cream cheese (CC) and olives sandwiches with either sliced ham or beef. Also enjoy CC on my steak.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have been trying to think of things besides, on my bagel and as frosting for carrot cake, LOL. I do love a cream cheese and roast beef sandwich.

You could mix it with some herbs or a dry onion or ranch dressing mix and make some dip for veggies.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Tortilla rollups - mix cream cheese with chopped onions, herbs, olives - whatever you like - and spread on tortillas, roll them and then cut them into pinwheels. Make great appetizers.

I of course have been known to eat garlic and herb cream cheese with a spoon. Who needs a bagel or crackers?

Debra

11-19-2003

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Cream Cheese and Salsa makes a great dip, you could even add some shrimp.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Bagel, cream cheese, lox, sliced tomato, sliced red onion

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Zeyna???? Zeyna, who has been here since Day ONE and is now posting??? Or maybe Zeyna just posts during BB and got back here early this year. Go make yourself a folder in the Members section, Zeyna, and tell us all about yourself these past 14 years. And welcome from de-lurking.

(If you post all the time, never mind, I am going dotty in my old age.)

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Monday, May 25, 2015 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Hi Juju, yes, ive been here a loooong time, but rarely post. I do enjoy coming here almost every day and reading the various topics. Thanks for noticing me

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 19, 2015 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am making a chicken/pasta dish that calls for cherry tomatoes, I have grape tomatoes, I am thinking they will work as well, right? Thanks.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, June 19, 2015 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Yes, just fine