TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 22, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: NASCAR: Archive through February 22, 2015 users admin

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Friday, November 07, 2014 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Kurt Busch under investigation for alleged domestic violence

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/kurt-busch-under-investigation-by-dover-police-for-alleged-domestic-violence-110714

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 10, 2014 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I do not like this new Chase format. There is no way that these drivers (well, except for maybe Kevin Harvick) are the best 4 drivers this year. There are many drivers - some of whom I really don't care for - who have been eliminated and yet have multiple wins. Do either Denny Hamlin or Ryan Newman have any wins this year - and yet they could win the Chase? Great job NASCAR!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, November 10, 2014 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I agree Roxip, I don't like it either. Ryan Newman had NO wins this year yet he was able to knock Jeff out of the chase. Whereas Jeff had previous wins and finished yesterday in 2nd place.

DW suggested: "why isn't it that the four drivers with the most wins of the first 35 races be the four that are racing for the championship in Homestead? One race, winner take all. If you look at 2014 for example, that would be Brad, who has the most wins at six, Joey Logano at five wins, and then NASCAR would need to create some type of tie-breaking protocol as Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Kevin Harvick all have four wins. Maybe the tie-breaker would be who is highest in points -- in which case using 2014 as our example, that fourth spot would go to Kevin."

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/welcome-to-the-new-nascar-dw-offers-his-thoughts-on-the-new-chase-111014?_mid=112169&_rid=112169.12300.6190&cmpid=emc:fscom:nascar&place9

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, November 10, 2014 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Denny Hamlin won one race this season at Talladega.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sorry, didn't know that about Denny Hamlin. My bad! Still don't like this (although I am hoping for a Harvick win - he deserves it!). Not to mention that would give Tony an owner's championship.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, November 16, 2014 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Way to go Kevin Harvick - win the race, win the Chase! I laughed when he said he forgot he won the race.

His wife was so sweet to watch the last couple of laps...she had her eyes closed...she couldn't even watch! Then she did the ugly cry!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
For you #24 fans - Jeff Gordon has announced he will no longer compete full-time in the NASCAR series after the upcoming season. He doesn't call it "retirement" though - expect to see him in the premiere events!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Roxip!

I will be sad to see him quit, although he has said that he will stay involved in the sport. I remember his very first race in Winston Cup in Atlanta and the last race for Richard Petty. Goodness, time does fly!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He is an 'equity shareholder' in Hendrix, which means he has a financial interest. I'm sure he will continue working with the Hendrix organization in the future, and he also owns a share of Jimmy Johnson's #48. I think his back issues, plus the fact that he has two young children, have a large factor in his planned departure from the grind of the series. I am also sure he will end up in one of the announcer roles - he is attractive, well-spoken and certainly one of the "known" faces of the sport.

I remember his first race too, although more because it was King Richard's last. At that time he was just a young upstart. I remember the indignation when the perception was that he hadn't paid his dues and was given one of the premiere rides in the sport! BOY HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Isn't that the truth! Just received this from Fox Sports. Check out the baby faced Jeff in the video.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/2015-to-be-jeff-gordon-s-final-year-as-driver-at-hendrick-motorsports-012215?_mid=146904&_rid=146904.12300.18324&cmpid=emc:fscom:nascar&place4

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
More interesting reports:

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/jeff-gordon-will-leave-legacy-beyond-hendrick-motorsports-sprint-cup-series-012215?_mid=146904&_rid=146904.12300.18324&cmpid=emc:fscom:nascar&place5

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/brian-vickers-cleared-to-return-to-sprint-cup-series-at-las-vegas-motor-speedway-012115?_mid=146904&_rid=146904.12300.18324&cmpid=emc:fscom:nascar&place1

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/photos/eight-medical-questions-that-could-impact-sprint-cup-series-season-012115?_mid=146904&_rid=146904.12300.18324&cmpid=emc:fscom:nascar&place2#img_0

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I honestly think Jeff Gordon was the face of the new NASCAR - he bridged the gap between the old guard like the Waltrips, the Pettys, Rusty Wallace, Dale Earnhardt - into the newer, "young gun" generation. There is both good and bad in that (none of it Jeff's fault) - and he took a lot of heat because of it. Regardless of how you feel about him, he was (and still is) one HECK of a great race car driver. It wasn't his fault that he got a premier ride, a premier sponsor and a premier crew chief - what mattered at the end of the day were the results and his record stands as one of the best in history.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I'm counting the days till NASCAR starts again

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Me Too, Sportsfan!

It's coming soon, here's the schedule for speed week:

Saturday, Feb. 14 -- ARCA Racing Series, Lucas Oil 200 Presented By American Real MAV TV, 4:15 p.m. (FOX Sports 1);

Saturday, Feb. 14 -- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, The Sprint Unlimited, 8:15 p.m. (FOX)

Sunday, Feb. 15 -- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Daytona 500 Coors Light Pole Qualifying Presented By Kroger, 1:30 p.m. (FOX)

Thursday, Feb. 19 -- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Budweiser Duel At Daytona, 7 p.m. (FOX Sports 1)

Friday, Feb. 20 -- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NextEra Energy Resources 250, 7:30 p.m. (FOX Sports 1)

Saturday, Feb. 21 -- NASCAR XFINITY Series, Alert Today Florida 300, 3:30 p.m. (FOX Sports 1)

Sunday, Feb. 22 -- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Daytona 500, 1 p.m. ET (FOX).

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/1/9/daytona-international-speedway-speedweeks-race-schedule-times-announced.html

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
You know you're hooked on NASCAR when you say to your husband of 22 years:

"Babe, don't plan anything for Valentines, we will have a special bottle of wine or something during the race!"

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Go Kenseth!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
laugh2

hi-five

racecar2

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 13, 2015 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was just coming here to say the same thing - my Valentine's Day just got a lot better because there will be some racing going on! GO TONY!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
OK. I am going on record to say I officially detest that group qualifying crap. I guess it has happened at other tracks but yesterday was the first time I have watched it and it was like watching paint dry. Watching 25 cars sit on a track waiting until the clock counts down is NOT interesting. Having a wreck in the middle of qualifying which eliminates drivers from getting in their qualifying times efficiently is also ridiculous. NOT A FAN!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I agree Roxip...that was ridiculous.

Clint sure spoke his mind-good for him!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I'm with both of you! I don't like any of the changes "NASCAR" has made: qualifying and the chase both stink. Neither one bring out the cream of the crop. Consistency doesn't count and real talent is consistent.

I hope more like Clint and Tony speak up!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
There is a lot of media about it today (and Daryl Waltrip was very vocal about it yesterday during the qualifying show). He felt it was unnecessary at the 500 - since there already were multiple ways they qualify for the race. It wasted the effort that team members spent building a car to qualify well - torn up in less than 5 minutes.

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
I am spitting and fuming!!!!!!

I probably shouldn't say anything else.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
So excited for the race today-Go JR!!!!

Marej

09-19-2002

Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
creeping in......geez look who is leading.....or are they letting him win.......putting on my hard hat....go jr. creeping out.