TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 31, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: NFL Discussion: Archive through January 31, 2015 users admin

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Where is Who???

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Hooray for Hard Knocks! You don't have to be a Falcons fan to enjoy it. Season premiere tonight on HBO at 10:00 EDT.

Nino

09-20-2004

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nino a private message Print Post    
Uncle Ricky, I'm loving Hard Knocks! I even got to watch the Falcons game against Houston on Saturday, since I'm a Texans fan as well as a huge Cowboys fan! Only time I go against Houston is when they play my Boys! Lol. Come on September 4th! Let's get this season started!

Riviere

09-09-2000

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
See that Houston has the needed players and threw away others due to fan complaints. Good luck!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, August 21, 2014 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Nino, I'm glad I'm not the "only one" who follows HN. It's so well done, especially Liev Schreiber's narration. I love all the up-close-and-personal stuff.

The segment where Jake Matthews was battling J.J. Watt in practice was really good. I just wish there'd been more J.J. (one of the NFL's best, as you know). I'll keep my fingers crossed the Texans win the Super Bowl as I always wish for a fresh champion each year. (Last season was ideal with the Seahawks finally winning.)

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
So today TMZ releases the Ray Rice video the NFL pretended it had never seen in the course of giving him a 2 game suspension for knocking his then-fiancée unconscious. Oh don't worry, though: If he'd smoked weed, he would have gotten four games, but Roger Goodell has already admitted he screwed up by only giving him two games. "My bad."

Several NFL players tweet their horror, as if seeing him dragging her unconscious body out of the elevator wasn't enough. And reporters, who were angry at the NFL because they were gullible enough to swallow the NFL's lies hook, line, and sinker, go on ESPN to express their righteous indignation, even though it was their faults for not properly investigating the NFL's claims.

Then the Ravens, who rallied around Rice in the wake of the allegations and first video showing him dragging her unconscious body, and whose fans gave him a standing ovation during training camp, decide to cut him.

And the NFL suspends him indefinitely because, they finally realize, knocking a woman out merits at least as much punishment as dog fighting.

And everyone pats themselves on the backs for serving justice.

And I'm just here, mouth agape, that any of these people, in a sport I love, feel like they've done anything admirable at any point in this whole sordid mess.

It makes me want to boycott the league. It really does. And if I had any strength of character, or loved the game even a little less than I do, I would.

Finally: I didn't really like this season of Hard Knocks. It just felt too soap opera-ish in non-football ways this season. I attributed it to the death of Steve Sabol, but I might be wrong.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I know what you mean about lacking the strength of character to boycott the league. The pull of the game is just too strong. I considered boycotting over the horrid treatment of the retired players who are battling concussion-related brain injuries.

And my husband insisted that I boycott the league in the event Michael Sam did not secure a roster spot this season.

I've followed the NFL every year beginning with the 1968 season (when I was 10 years old). Simply put, it's extremely difficult to stop watching the game. AND Steve Sabol and his father Ed are, in very large part, to blame for that! I can't imagine the NFL experience being so powerful had NFL Films not ever come into our lives.

At least Goodell and the Ravens look like even bigger jackasses than they already were (before today). I can't believe they ever thought they could keep that explicit video of Rice punching his wife under wraps forever.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Ray Rice deserves everything that is coming his way. I hope his wife gets some counseling. She's in denial.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Who knew that TMZ was eventually going to do investigative journalism?

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I take for granted that Mr Rice does. I'm more concerned about the NFL and the Ravens getting off Scot free.

Jushvnfn

07-29-2006

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jushvnfn a private message Print Post    
<~~~ disgusted!
It's starting to look like soon they'll have to give a list of who's not abusing ppl, animals, drugs, etc. It will be shorter.

Riviere

09-09-2000

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
With all the media and other personal opinions, it would be best if players didn't get involved with ANY women or kids until they retire!!!
What makes the players so danged mean anyway, too much testosterone? And they all seem so young to be slapping on females and little kids...
Someone told me that NFL may expand to 50 teams and I replied it would be a good move! But I'd like to see Mr. Goodell spared the extra angst.. Most employers simply fire the bad eggs and don't expect to hold their hands throughout dealing with what all they did wrong...

Tishala

08-01-2000

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
i don't know whether anyone has heard the ESPN coverage of the Ray Rice situation, but it makes the story look worse for everyone involved except perhaps coach Harbaugh. Here's the story (it's long): http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11551518/how-ray-rice-scandal-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl

And here are two text messages the Raven's owner sent to Mr Rice just last Tuesday, after he had been released by the team (included in the report):

Hey Ray, just want to let you know, we loved you as a player, it was great having you here. Hopefully all these things are going to die down. I wish the best for you and Janay.

When you’re done with football, I’d like you to know you have a job waiting for you with the Ravens helping young guys getting acclimated to the league.

One thing the story makes pretty clear is that, according to multiple sources, Mr Rice was open about what happened in the elevator--that he'd knocked her out by punching her, and that they'd gotten an account of it from a police officer who'd viewed it as well--that the team and the NFL knew, and now both the team and NFL are saying Mr Rice lied to them.

It just gets more disgusting all around the more I know about it.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 3:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Packers

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was some crazy finish.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I really wanted the packers to win, but I knew it was a dream...Now all I have to say is Gooooooooooooo Patriots

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I feel like I jinxed them about 2 min left in game, I texted my boss (huge GB fan) and said wahoooo!!! GB! and the next thing I know all heck broke loose and the ended up losing :-(

fun note..I was watching game with Rosey Grier, Kermit Alexander, and about 10 other NFL legends yesterday.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I'm so happy the Seahawks pulled off that win!

Go Seahawks!!!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'd say the Packers lost...the Seahawks didn't win LOL

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Pamy how exciting is that? You were in great company watching the game!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I've been a Seahawks fan since the 80s and I never gave up on them yesterday. Once Russell got in the groove, I knew they could pull it off.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
The Seahawks are staying a mile down the street from my house - took out the entire Arizona Grande for the week (and they're not hiding - huge banners announcing their presence all over the place). I've seen a few of them out and about. Am very proud of our local citizenry for pulling fire alarms like, nonstop, at the Patriots location while leaving the Seahawks to sleep in peace. If the Pats are not going to be punished for cheating, at least they can be sleep-deprived.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Wow, GAL, that's harsh. Wonder if the local police and fire departments are "proud" of the local citizens for repeatedly pulling fire alarms? Every time they do it costs the city and taxpayers money, and it's illegal!
As far as the Patriots go, innocent until proven guilty, as the saying goes. If you look up NFL infractions, Deflategate is minor compared to some of what goes on and is covered up.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It's just a game.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, pulling fire alarms is out of line. Sorry, just not seeing that. That's illegal.