TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 28, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: NASCAR: Archive through October 28, 2014 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yep! Hubby and I were very happy for Dale, Jr. too!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I almost lost my mind \I was so happy!!!!!

It's going to be a great year for JR fans.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Congratulations to Jeff Gordon for winning the Kansas race last night!!!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
A Fantastic win for Jeff! The 89th career win! All of Hendrick team members did well!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Woo Hoo!!!! JR wins at Pocono!!!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
That's Number 2 for this season - Jr. is now definitely in the Chase!

dancing

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Jeff Gordon won at Indianapolis last week in more ways than one!

Winner

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, August 03, 2014 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Woo Hoo!!! JR wins at Pocono!

jr

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Sunday, August 03, 2014 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Number 3 this season for Junior! Congrats!

Alwayzmovin

11-06-2003

Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alwayzmovin a private message Print Post    
It looks like Tony Stewart might have had a bad error in judgement last night.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I saw the video, it was awful! I am glad Tony is not racing today out of respect.

Taysmomcj

03-24-2008

Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Taysmomcj a private message Print Post    
I saw the video too, visibility in the car isn't always that great esp. at night, it's entirely possible that Tony didn't see him. The one making the error in judgement is unfortunately one 20 year old who paid for it with his life. They know the risks of being on the track and he ignored those risks and walked out into traffic.

It's a really sad situation, and I understand everyone's calls for Tony to sit out today, but I personally don't think it was his fault.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I agree Tays, that poor kid made a really bad choice and paid with his life :-(

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
We watched the video also. Unfortunately, the young man was a hot head and was upset and did walk into oncoming traffic. Even under yellow caution those cars are going 40 mph. Tony was behind another car and didn't see him until it was too late. It looked to use as if he tried to go inside but it was too late. But we don't think there is anything criminal.

What sucks is there will be a number of lawsuits and this will drag through courts for years (and cost Stewart's company a lot of time/money/heartache). And Ward's family as well.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It can't be easy on either the young man's family or on Tony. And I believe you are right - this will end up costing Tony a lot of money because he will be the one with deep pockets.

Hopefully a rule change will arise out of this making the stupid practice of going out on the race track to yell at another competitor (which happens in all the series) a major violation. Of course this wasn't a NASCAR sanctioned track but it is just stupid. DO it like in the old days - take it out on one another in the pits after the race!

Taysmomcj

03-24-2008

Monday, August 11, 2014 - 4:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Taysmomcj a private message Print Post    
I read a post this morning from one of the crew members of another team that was there that night. He stated that most of the driver's visibility out of that side of the car is next to nothing. Most of the time you can't even see if there is a car next to you, let alone a man in a dark colored firesuit at a night race. He said that by the time Tony got around the corner, if he did see him at all, it was too late to correct the car to miss him. His driver was the one you saw swerve at the last moment to and barely miss the young man. He stated that his driver almost didn't see him in time. Also, the lighting at that specific track is terrible at night.

Unfortunately, I do agree with the fact that Tony will pay, not just emotionally, but literally.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Monday, August 11, 2014 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Tony's reputation as a hothead and a jackass is finally biting him in the ass. He will get no benefit of the doubt because of it, nor does he deserve it especially in light of his statements a few years ago that he'd essentially take any opportunity he had to "run over" Kevin Ward.

Having said that, Kevin Ward met Stewart on his own level. Unfortunately, it led to his death. I've seen the video several times and nothing leads me to believe the the accident was anything but the responsibility of the driver who ran out onto the track.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
A thoughtful side of Brad Keselowski

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/keselowski-walks-fine-line-on-sprint-car-fatality-081214?_mid=71748&_rid=71748.12300.19194&cmpid=emc:fscom:nascar&place8

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 29, 2014 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm happy Tony Stewart is racing this weekend. I hope he wins the darned race. I know it must be frightening for him to step back in a race car but if he's to have a career he needs to get back to it.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Friday, August 29, 2014 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Tony Stewart addresses media upon return

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/8/29/atlanta-sprint-cup-series-tony-stewart-news.html

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
NASCAR's Michael Waltrip is going 'Dancing With the Stars'

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/shake-and-bake/nascars-michael-waltrip-is-going-dancing-with-the-stars-090414?_mid=83619&_rid=83619.12300.19082&cmpid=emc:fscom:nascar&place5

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I don't usually watch Dancing with the Stars but I will watch this season!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Congratulations on JR finally winning that Grandfather clock!!!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Yes, Sportsfan! Congratulations to Junior and enjoy that clock!

Re the championship - go Jeff!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I'm rooting for Jeff to win the Championship too!