TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Brand New Hair Thread Welcomes Juju2b...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Brand New Hair Thread Welcomes Juju2bigdog users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 26, 2014Rosie25 09-26-14  1:20 pm
Archive through October 03, 2014Seamonkey25 10-03-14  8:26 pm
Archive through November 09, 2014Abby725 11-09-14  10:00 pm
Archive through April 15, 2015Mameblanche25 04-15-15  11:52 am
Archive through March 10, 2017Egbok25 03-10-17  11:24 am
Archive through March 17, 2017Dipo25 03-17-17  1:44 pm
Archive through December 18, 2019Rosie25 12-18-19  8:44 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 2:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I never picture you with un-short hair!

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
Finally, going to get my back to work haircut and low-lights today. Plus I have an obscene amount of hair products being shipped from L'ange. I completely lost my mind while ordering. I just hope since they aren't here yet Sam (my stylist) doesn't talk me into buying some there. Be Strong Belle!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Biloxibelle, I'm jealous, lol. How fun to be able to get a haircut and low-lights.

I am dealing with Covid Hair. My hair grows fast and it was due for a haircut in late March but no haircut happening for me. So now I have hair below my shoulders and I'm able to braid it now. I think I'll keep letting it grow until I have a side braid down to my waist. Seriously.

Also, I stopped coloring my hair once I retired in 2013. I now have a salt and pepper look and I like it. More pepper but the salt is trying to catch up.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had an appointment in February that was postponed and my hair has been growing.. I have trimmed (badly) the back twice. Awkward..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I just put mine in a ponytail and then whacked off an inch or two, LOL. Seemed to work ok for me but I bet a stylist would be appalled.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mine was not that long, still is not THAT long.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 1:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I was able to get the phone number of my hairdresser from a new resident on my floor whose mom was a long time client. She lives between 45 and 60 minutes from Nashville depending on which route you choose

I took the Interstate (faster) route out, and the
local road route home. She was waiting at the foot of their driveway to bre sure that I could find them.

I went through the house and out to the back deck where she cut my hair. Her husband came out and talked with ur the whole time. She sent me home with two GORGEOUS tomatoes and a cucumber from their garden. Then she called to be sure that I had gotten hoe=me safely. What a classy lady!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
TNT She sure sounds awesome! Pix please of your lovely new do.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
My hair came out great. One of my favorite cuts and colors ever. I held strong and didn't buy any product. I don't like getting a hair cut while wearing a mask. All those little tiny hairs found a way inside my mask all around my nose and mouth.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
TNT, I love the idea of an outdoor haircut.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Sorry, Mame! I have no clue how to post a pic! The cut is a pixie so it is REALLY short!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Perfect for summer TNT!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, August 10, 2020 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Hi All. With Covid, my DH and I haven't had a haircut since early March.

My DH desperately needed a haircut and I let him know that fact. He went out for a bit and came home with a brand new pair of clippers. He actually asked me if I felt comfortable giving him a haircut.

I immediately said yes and then ran upstairs with my laptop to look up how to use clippers to cut men's hair on YouTube. After watching 2 short YouTubes, I felt confident I could do this for him.

It was a miracle. I gave him an amazing haircut, trimmed his hairy eyebrows, his beard and mustache. He was pleased and made an appointment with me in 3 weeks.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, August 10, 2020 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh goodie, Eggie!! I was worried when I got to the returning with clippers part that you just went ahead and did it before I could give you advice to go on Youtube and watch how-to videos. Of course all you smart dawgs who hang out here would do that.

We had a neighbor who was stressing out about no haircut, and we offered the wife to borrow our clippers, and she looked at me in horror, and I said, "there are how-to videos on Youtube," and a look of turning on a light bulb came over her face, and I knew what she was going to do. The next day they borrowed our clippers, and the husband no longer looks like Santa.

Good job, Speed Racer.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, August 10, 2020 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good job, Eggie!

When my brother was little, a barber nicked his ear. Mom then acquired clippers and became the barber, complete with a lollipop at the end for sitting still. No YouTube.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, August 11, 2020 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Thanks Chim-Chim! Thanks Seamonkey!!

Seamonkey, my DH said that his mother had a pair of clippers and she would give both boys buzz cuts. So when I started the haircut for DH, he did say "whatever you do, please do not give me a buzz cut".

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 11, 2020 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep, Buzz cut in summer.. And one summer she went too short and he had to wear a hat outside until it grew a bit.

Mine,cage attacked with home perms. 😳

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, August 11, 2020 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I hate those cage attacks. So unfair!!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, August 11, 2020 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey....I need to see a visual on that home perm!! LOL!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 12, 2020 - 1:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No way!

Actually, she was good at giving them but I hated the results

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, August 12, 2020 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
My mom regularly gave me perms, but my hair was back straight in only a day or two! My college dorm roommate used to stink up our whole hall when she would give herself a perm!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 12:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Those Toni perms were stinky!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: