TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 04, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: NFL Discussion: Archive through August 04, 2014 users admin

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I wish I could like them

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Kudos to the Ravens

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I did not feel Beyonce's performance was family friendly.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
There was a lot of hair flipping going on at halftime. It gave me a headache. What I learned from her performance is that I'm not much of a Beyonce fan.

Jennifer Hudson, with the kids from Sandy Hook, was simply amazing.... without any fireworks or light show.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Beyoncé and Jennifer Hudson at the game SO reminded me of Dream Girls and why the Oscar went to the right person!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I agree about Jennifer Hudson and the Sandy Hook Chorus. In fact, I got teary and had to walk away. Alicia Keyes was amazing.

Why does the halftime show have to be so sexually suggestive?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Do you think little kids even get that it's suggestive?

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
My 9 year old said "Wow, this is kinda trashy", so yes, they do, especially with the hip/crotch thrusting and bootie shaking that goes on. Sure, the men who watch love it, but I was under the impression that this was sort of a family thing. We just sent them outside to play at that time. They weren't really interested in the game. However, after the Janet Jackson debacle, Madonna spreading her legs open during her dance (even though she was covered up), we probably shouldn't let them watch anyway, never know what you are gonna get.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Either she truly understands (in which case it's a moot point anyway) or she doesn't understand and she is just parroting you. :-)

I didn't think Beyonce was all that bad. Now on the other hand, the Janet Jackson thing was just nasty and totally over the line.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the memories Donald Driver

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
This morning, New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez was arrested. Almost immediately, before charges were filed, the Patriots cut him. And now he has been charges with murder.

what a crazy day and crazy ride. Hernandez is one of the elite players at his position in the NFL but, because he's on the Patriots, or had been, he was just the second best TE on his team.

My thoughts, however, are with the family of the victim who, according to police accounts, was shot several times at close range.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I will never understand the mindset of some of the pro athletes who think carrying a gun make them a man.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Just a reminder that this season's edition of Hard Knocks premieres this coming Tuesday night!

http://www.hbo.com/#/hard-knocks/

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, December 23, 2013 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
The 49ers did an awesome job of honoring Candlestick Park tonight!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 23, 2013 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yup. I was at the 2nd to last game at the stick against Seattle earlier this month and was very teary when the game ended. I just stood and took it all in after the game was over.

I've been watching the Niner's play on tv since the 60's. We always saw the Niners and Raiders, up here in Portland (pre Seahawk days) I went to my first Niner game in person in 1996. It was against Cincinati. The Niners were down early 21 - 0 because Steve Young was injured with a groin pull. He was officially the 3rd backup quarterback, but not expected to play. I was bummed, but really excited to be at the stadium. The SF QB who started the game went out with an injury, then, the backup QB went down.... Steve Young HAD to play, there was no one else available. Steve Young started taking the snaps and before you knew it, it was 21-7... 21-14... then, it was tied 21-21 in the 4th quarter! No way, right? Between every play, Steve would limp around going into the huddle. You could tell he was hurting... but, as soon as the ball was snapped, the adrenaline kicked in and he moved like Steve Young could move. Close to the end of the 4th quarter, the Niners were moving down the field, getting close. Finally, Young to Rice.. right.in.front.of.me, I about died, I was so happy. Final score 28 to 21 Niners. Rice pretty much carried Young off the field because he could barely walk. I was hooked.

Ever since then, I try to go down to one game. Sometimes, I end up in Seattle if I really can't get down there, but mostly, if I'm watching the Niners, I wanted to be at the Stick.

If I had gone to this game, I'd probably be in full-blown cry right now. It may be a dump, but some of the most memorable moments of the Niners happened there. It was our dump. Sad to see it go. Good Bye Candlestick.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
My youngest son is a huge 49er fan, and he got to see them play at the Stick a few weeks ago. He has a nice picture of him and his girlfriend at the top of the bleachers overlooking the field. (Of course, they're both wearing their 49er gear!)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 4:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Packers have allegedly signed Julius Peppers

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Pasckers@Seahawks on Sept. 4 kicks off the next season. Are ye prepared to pay attention to football games? Go Packers!!!!!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Go Packers!! unless they are playing the Niners... then Go Niners!!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
In case any of you missed today's historic NFL moment, here's the big announcement:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2014/05/10/saint-louis-rams-michael-sam-nfl-draft-2014/8919045/

As a proud NFL fan for 46 for my 56 years, I never thought I'd live to see this (Oh Happy) Day! Go Rams!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Circle August 5 on your calendars to welcome the season premiere of this year's Hard Knocks on HBO featuring the Atlanta Falcons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/falcons-featured-hard-knocks-174824144--nfl.html

Mictay

09-29-2006

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Wish I had HBO or Showtime which ever it appears on. Love that show

Nino

09-20-2004

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nino a private message Print Post    
Just popping in here to say I'm ready for football season to start!! I'm ready for Who's game and Bob's game!! I'll be back later when the new threads are made!! Go Cowboys!!! How about my teammates from El Ninos! Y'all ready, Mames and Beach?

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Sunday, August 03, 2014 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Hi Nino! I can't believe that in less than an hour the Hall of Fame game will kick off the football season. I am looking forward to playing Bob's and Who's wonderful games this year.

Wink

10-06-2000

Monday, August 04, 2014 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wink a private message Print Post    
I'll be back for the regular season this year too. Can't wait for football to get going.