TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 24, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: NASCAR: Archive through February 24, 2014 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
We can be part of the Junior Nation - although I'm just on loan from the Smoke contingent - but I think Dale, Jr. has earned his ride and is definitely on track to win a championship. He's a very likeable guy - doesn't seem to let the fame go to his head.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Agree, I'm on loan from Jeff's team. I also think Dale Jr. has earned his way especially after all he went through with his bossy stepmother. So glad he is with a team that appreciates his talents and thoughts. Happy he has found a girl friend too.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Tony looked great in his press conference yesterday. Glad to know that he will be back at the track to support his teams at Richmond! Hoping Ryan Newman sneaks into the Chase!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I didn't see Tony's press conference, so had to look for it. Found a couple of short videos. He did sound and look good. Will be looking forward to seeing him this weekend. I think Ryan has a good chance of making it if he can stay out of other peoples' troubles.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, September 09, 2013 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Richmond Wrap-Up: Controversial Calls & Wild Card Drama

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/shakeandbake/richmond-wrap-up-controversial-calls-wild-card-drama-090813

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Monday, September 09, 2013 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Newman is in and Truex is out and MWR fined $300k! No more itchy arms for Bowyer LOL

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 09, 2013 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well goodness, I might have to watch the races again!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
NASCAR penalties are just a slap on the wrist. The drivers, crew chiefs and spotters involved should sit out the rest of the season and MWR's fine should be a heck of a lot more than $300,000, how about points and also sitting out some races.

And how about Jeff Gordon. He lost as much as Newman by Bowyer's cheating. Take Bowyer out of the race and put Jeff in.

NASCAR penalties shake up Chase

http://www.thatsracin.com/2013/09/09/113491/nascar-penalties-shake-up-chase.html

Truex out of Chase, Newman in after MWR penalties

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2013/09/09/nascar-ruling-on-richmond-clint-bowyer-martin-truex-jr.html

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The problem with Jeff is that he hasn't won a race this season so he isn't eligible for the wild card spot (according to something I read this morning).

I don't think that teams have an extra $300,000 lying around - although there is a lot of money to be made I wouldn't call that a slap on the wrist.

I'm glad a SHR driver made it into the chase, even though it is kind of through the back door!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Roxip, Jeff had raced himself into the chase, into position 10, before Bowyer spun. If there had never been that action by Bowyer, Jeff would be in the chase, even without a win. Others in the chase have not had a win either.

I am with you on the SHR driver, Newman making it into the chase. So glad to see him in.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
It was not cheating. His car was loose. He'd been fighting it constantly and his crew chief ask if it was hurting (not itching).

The caution could have helped/hurt anyone - who knew Newman was going to have a bad pit. If the order in had been the same on the way out, then not much would have changed.

How about bitching over Edwards jump BEFORE the official restart???? And stop blaming Clint.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The issue that caused the majority of the fine apparently is the interaction between Brian Vickers and his crew chief and their odd pit strategy. The sad thing is that Truex - who really seemed to have no part in it - truly did pay the price for it.

An excerpt from an interviw with Ryan Newman (From ESPN)
"I could tell by the sound of his voice, I really feel he was genuine with his remorse," Newman said. "He said it was a heat-of-the-moment thing, and he told me the biggest thing was he was glad NASCAR did what they did and took the action they did to get me in the Chase. I believed him and that made me feel good about what he was saying, but no, he did not say with the exact words that he spun on purpose."

Still, Newman said he has no doubt MWR manipulated the ending of the race through a series of actions that began with Bowyer's spin. NASCAR could prove only one action -- radio communication between Norris and Vickers in which a confused Vickers was told to pit as the field went green with three laps to go. The request was made in an effort to give Joey Logano position on the track to pass Jeff Gordon in the standings and knock Gordon out of the Chase so that Truex could gain the wild card.

Newman was leading at the time of Bowyer's spin with seven laps to go, and the victory would have given him the wild-card berth. Instead, he finished third and lost the final spot in the Chase.

"That no doubt was the toughest thing in my career, having the carpet pulled out from underneath me," Newman said. "To have that manipulated, and after the race, I didn't put two-and-two together; I didn't immediately think it was on purpose. Obviously, Clint has a lot of remorse now."

Newman, however, feels awful for his good friend Truex.

When it was Truex who seemingly was advancing into the Chase, Newman said he found his friend after the race and told him, "Now go do something with it." Having now swapped places with his buddy because of NASCAR's unprecedented sanctions, Newman said Truex has given him the same advice.

"I feel bad for Martin, and I feel he didn't know anything about it and he had the carpet ripped out from underneath him, and I know exactly how that feels," Newman said. "I know that it's tough for him because of his team situation. I want to go out and do the best I can in the Chase and do the best I can for my team, but at the same time, I'm disappointed my buddy isn't part of it and I'm disappointed at what he's going through right now."

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that Roxip, Ryan is truly an upstanding guy!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Mike Helton and Brian France just completed a news conference where they anounced:
1. Front Row Racing and Penske Racing will be placed on probation of the remainder of the season for actions detrimental to the sport.
2. Jeff Gordon will be the 13th member of the Chase. Because he was in the Chase when the multiple actions occurred that placed him in a unfair position through no fault of his making.
3. There will be a required meeting tomorrow of all teams, drivers, crew chiefs, spotters, and team owners. After that meeting, the results will be announced.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Wow. The things I miss when I spend Sunday afternoons in church.

Taysmomcj

03-24-2008

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Taysmomcj a private message Print Post    
Not surprised at all that NAPA pulled their sponsorship with MWR. I'm sure there's some company out there looking to fill the void.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Poor JR...so close!

Good thing I like Jamie!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Yes, Jamie was a good winner. Jr. has come in 2nd so many times this year. Maybe next week will be his week!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 10, 2014 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Team haulers will be entering the Daytona Speedway in just a few days...that always makes me so weirdly happy...LOL!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Me too, Roxip! Means the season is about to begin!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 14, 2014 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
DAYTONA!

Oldtex

03-06-2006

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oldtex a private message Print Post    
My eyes are still red from crying happy tears for Junior. I don't think I even took a breath during the last 20 laps.

Congratulations to Junior! He never looked so happy.

I was very impressed with the way he hugged every member of his team in victory lane. Da boy done good!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I noticed that too (the hugging). He put off coming and speaking to the media in order to acknowledge each and every crew member in Victory Lane. I was very happy for him and also for Steve Letarte - what a way to start what will be their last year together as crew chief and driver.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
You know, I don't follow Nascar at all, but I've always thought Junior was a class act. I caught the last few laps and Junior taking his victory lap. It was kind of cool. He was soooo excited in the interview. I do like him.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
A perfect start for the season! Way to go, Junior!

thumbsup3