TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 15, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: QUICK QUESTIONS: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 15, 2014 users admin

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I think you should use them...and share the recipe with the rest of us. :-)

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Yes, use the Anaheim peppers, they are so good!
And yes, please share the recipe please.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, LOL, I saw it on Rachael Ray, you melt 3 tbsp. butter, add 3 tbsp. flour and mix, then add 3 cups milk and cook till it thickens, then add 4oz of cream cheese, 2 cups of Monterrey jack and 1 chopped jalapeno. Then you are supposed to put it in a small crockpot or something that can keep it warm.

I did go ahead and use one of the Anaheim pepper and it turned out quit good. I wanted it a little thicker, I am not sure I cooked it long enough before adding the cheese, so I just added another handful of cheese, LOL.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Gracias. :-) Good to have gooey cheese recipes on hand for the Super Bowl!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Exactly!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Yummy!!

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Dipo...and anyone else making this, this is a classic Bechamel Sauce for starters..if you want it to be thicker-start with more flour and butter. I'd try 5 Tbsp and 5 Tbsp for that amount of milk (3 cups).
If you've already added milk and it's not as thick as you'd like. Mix more flour and butter in a small separate pot and then add some of the sauce from the larger pot...be prepared to whisk really well to avoid lumps, then pour back into the main pot and continue stirring until thick.
Hope this helps and makes sense....trying to do this at work.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
thanks, that is good to know.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I need to marinate a 2lb flank steak and I am not sure I have a big enough plastic bag, is there some other way to accomplish this? TIA.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Can't you just put it in a large bowl?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, I might have something that big, thanks for the idea, I can just cover it with plastic wrap in but it in the fridge.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh wait, you got me thinking Roxip, I have a large baking sheet with 1 inch sides that might work as well!

Thanks so much, I don't know why I didn't think of that before, LOL.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Not sure, but I don't think you marinate anything in / on metal. Something to do with usual acids in marinade and metal?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, LOL, good thing I didn't do that then. I managed to find a plastic bag big enough to hold the steak.

So I guess I will need to remember to use a glass pan if I don't have a big enough bag.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I went and looked and Colordeagua is right about not marinating in metal. Thanks - learn something new every day here!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
In places where people hunt, you can usually find 2 gallon Ziplock bags at the grocery store. We can find them in Texas but not in WA. So we always make sure to bring some home when we return to WA. They come in handy.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 1:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
I could use a couple of boxes Juju. Can you send some my way? I'll gladly mail you or Paypal you the $. you know the email address.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I buy those at Target. Only place I can find them.

Romarr35

02-16-2009

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Romarr35 a private message Print Post    
amazon has them.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Landileigh, looks like Newegg has a real good price on them at the moment, $8.84 including shipping. enter 2GAL ZIPLOC FREEZER BAG in the search, and they should come up. I think that price might be cheaper than I could get them and send them.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
What do you make with a seamless dough sheet? (I told a friend I had a secret place to ask.......)

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 2:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
Christy, if you are referring to the ability to purchase the Pillsbury crescent dough in sheet form, there are many uses. Such as Churro Cheesecake! Also as pizza dough. or topping of a chicken pot pie. Use it as you would any other kind of pie dough. For a quiche or apple pie.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I just saw a recipe for butter rolls using this. I'm using it this weekend to make a cheesecake style pan dessert. One layer on the bottom of a 9x13 pan; top w/a cream cheese mixture (sugar, vanilla), top with another sheet of crescent rolls which is then covered with melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. Pop it in the oven for 30 minutes, and I've got a dessert that my students are gonna' love. :-) (They have to come to the dual enrollment class at 8 AM even though the HS is on mid-winter break, so I'm bribing them with breakfast.)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i make that all the time, teach. in fact, i made a pear/cherry cheesecake version and gave them as christmas presents this year.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
Teach, THAT is Churro Cheesecake!