TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 25, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: America's Cup / Louis Vuitton Cup: Archive through September 25, 2013 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know I was thinking if they win both races tomorrow it will be tied! I can't figure out what is going on with the Kiwi's that they can't win a race. The boats seem to be very well matched so it is just odd that they are being out sailed so often.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
As I understand it, the Americans made some changes to their boat after they lost so many races... and they changed their tactician.

They actually have won 7 races (not 5) but were docked 2 for cheating in a previous competition.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/23/sports/americas-cup-turns-into-battle-as-oracle-wins-fourth-straight-race.html?_r=0

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Correct. But I know the Kiwis have been tweeking their boat as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So my paper is showing 2 races today at 1:15 and 2:15 on NBC Sports Network and COZI. I am not sure why there are two channels, LOL, but I will track down the races.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So we may have some trouble, the winds are high! but it seems like we should be able to get one race in, I hope.

I think I figured out my channel stuff, looks like one may play it live and the other do a repeat.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
On the website, it says that 24.5 knots is the limit for this course. Go Oracle!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, both channels have the race, LOL. I am so nervous. Oooo, NZ may take the start.

I have found that COZI has less commercials.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, what the heck happened!!! Seems like there was contact at the start and the Kiwi's got a penalty.

Oracle out in front by about 400 meters.

Holy cow, NZ got two penalties.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NZ is getting closer, as Oracle makes a turn to go through gate number 3. Kiwi's now trail by 19 seconds so they made up a little time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ORACLE WINS!! now the score is 8-7. Both boats are heading out to the start for the second race.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I guess Kiwi's had two different contacts with the Oracle at during the start. There is a tiny bit of damage on the outside of the boat.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did I see someone on Oracle shaking their fist at Emirates after that little hit, LOL? I will have to watch the replays.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH, I guess he was really just throwing his hands up and saying Come on! LOL, selling it to the jury who decides on the penalties. It was pretty funny to watch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So Emirates has the port entry, and it always seems to me that that is the the better entry point.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
There was an overlap, and Kiwi's filed a protest, no penalty, but they may get the start.

Looks like a even start and Emirates is the lower boat which means they will take the first gate by 5 seconds.

Holy cow, this is going to be a true match point race!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Emirates and Oracle split the course, Oracle is 60 meters behind.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy Crap!!! it was a dead heat and now Oracle tacks and has taken the lead. This is an amazing race and shows the determination of Oracle.

Still a close race, either team could win.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
American's have a lead of 120 meters, I am so nervous!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow Oracle is now ahead by 57 seconds, they are going to take this race baring any incidents.

OMG, they are leading by over 1000 meters! That is believable, the Kiwis have never been this far beind before.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ORACLE WINS! Unbelievable! The score is 8 to 8. Tomorrows race will determine who takes the Cup.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
WOW!! Who would have thunk it! I really did not think they would sweep today. It must be so exciting to be there for the races now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well my friend tells me some "ugly Americans" have come out now that Oracle is doing well. She said the Kiwis are a lot more friendly and easy to watch with.

I was just watching the news and I am not sure the winds are going to work for a final race tomorrow!! That would just be awful.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
FINAL RACE TODAY!! As long as the weather allows. My sports page shows that the races will be televised on NBC, NBCSports Network and COZI.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh dear High Wind Advisory on the Bay Bridge. Hmm, the news guy just said it is a great day for wind surfers but not for the America's Cup!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The race is on!!! Kiwis enter the start box first.

Looks like an equal start with Kiwis slightly ahead.