TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 23, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: America's Cup / Louis Vuitton Cup: Archive through September 23, 2013 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Fluky weather conditions on San Francisco Bay have wreaked havoc on the race schedule all week. On Saturday, a southerly wind direction made it likely that one or possibly both scheduled matches would be called off. The race course is set up for the Bay's dependable westerly sea breeze.

"It's raining, light and variable wind, and the little wind that we have is out of the south," said regatta director Iain Murray. "We may not get a race in today or we may get one race, but we probably won't get two races in."

http://news.yahoo.com/sailing-americas-cup-showdown-hold-fresh-breeze-194251789--sector.html

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, so they just said they think they will be able to race at 2pm, so I guess that means only one race today, LOL. If Oracle wins we will have more racing tomorrow!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Now they are saying the earliest possible start will be at 2:30pm.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I can't believe it! Races are cancelled for the day.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am sure that Sunday will be the day that the Kiwi's win it all.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Wow, Oracle USA wants to extend this to another race....

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know this is so amazing! I am loving the racing. It is great.

What the heck happened to Emirates?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ORACLE WINS AGAIN! This is just too amazing.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, they are certainly making the Kiwi's work for it. In so many sports, if a team is down as far as Oracle USA was, they sort of give up. Glad to see that USA still wants it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Race number 15 coming up in 30 minutes. Score is 4 (6) Oracle to 8 Emirates. The boats look beautiful cruising out to rest and start again.

And the pier is really full at America's Cup park. Great shots from the helicopters.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just said that wind will not be a problem so we should get the second race.

I know Kookliebird, that is one of the things I have noticed with sailing, it seems like part of the deal is they just like to sail and race. Plus it seems like you never know for sure what can happen, like when I have seen in other races where all of a sudden the sail tears or for these boats, the daggerboards or hydro fail.

So sometimes what you think is going to happen changes right in the middle of the race, LOL.

This race, #15, will start around 2:22, and the fog has cleared at the golden gate.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Geez, this is unbelievable, I thought the Kiwis won the start but Oracle got gate 1. Some sort of tiny mistake by the Kiwis caused the US to get ahead.

It's going to be another close race!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy Crap, the Kiwis, are catching up!!! What a race!

After a close call in leg 3, the Kiwis got some bad wind and Oracle made the turn at gate 4 and is now 40ish seconds ahead.

So ORACLE WINS AGAIN!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Wow! What is going on with the Kiwi's!?! I thought they would take the 2nd race for sure.

I am on vacation this week and thought about going back to the bay area for the week. But, then, I figured that the America's cup would never extend THIS far!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, well at least you can get a good show from the TV coverage. I did hear this is the longest AC race, I think in the history of the Cup.

It is going to be really amazing if Oracle catches up.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Where is this being covered on TV?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think it's on NBC Sports cable channel. I've been watching the you tube videos too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, look at your aports page and it will tell you which channel to see it on. It wasn't planned to go this long.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep you are correct Kookliebird, today it is on NBCSN

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, can you believe it, now we have a low wind situation. Race is estimated to start at 1:45pm which tells me that we will only get one race in today. If Kiwi's can pull it off, the America's Cup race will be over, and they do seem to have a faster boat in the light winds.

But I just read an article that said Oracle did some more tweeking of it's boat so who knows what could happen.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH MY, Oracle has a 170m lead. Kiwis' have put up the "code 0" sail which is like putting up a spinaker (if you know that term).

Oracle looks like it is getting better wind, therefore, better speed. Oracle has their code 0 sail hung but not deployed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
At mark 2 Oracle has 13 second lead and the boats have split the course. Announcers think that Oracle will have the better side of the raceway.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ORACLE WINS!! AGAIN. This is so amazing, they are really coming back to try and keep the cup.

It is packed at America's Cup Park. Now they have to take a 30 minute break before the second race which would take us past the lastest start time of 2:40, so I guess we won't have a second race today.

Racing will continue tomorrow - 2 races.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's official no further racing today.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
You know if they didn't have the penalty of 2 races, this thing would be tied. It's simply amazing how well they are doing.