TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 21, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: America's Cup / Louis Vuitton Cup: Archive through September 21, 2013 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Huh? What's that all about?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I guess when they did the start and then headed towards gate 1, Oracle felt they had been fouled, but it turned moot.

Damn races cancelled for the rest of the day!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and I hear from my friend that half of New Zealand now resides in SF, LOL. Apparently there is a pop-up restaurant that is totally New Zealand food and beer that is packed all the time now.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, one more day of racing. Tomorrow the Kiwi's will probably win America's Cup and still be rested enough to celebrate.

I have to say there were quite a few New Zealand fans supporting their team in SF.

When I was at the America's Cup Pavilion on Sunday, there was this older style, Classic sailing yacht that came into the dock. Apparently, if you were an Oracle employee, you signed up for a ride up the bay on this vessel. They would meet up with their families on the dock. Then, they were wisked to the special viewing area for Oracle Employees. I, on the other hand, walked to where I viewed the races and had a Ben and Jerry's ice cream afterwards. Apparently, I work for the wrong company!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Wow, Oracle USA managed to win the first race... More racing!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ORACLE WINS!! LOL, I am so happy!! And that was an amazing race. I bet the cancell the races again today. I don't understand why they don't start earlier, like at noon instead of 1pm.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The wind is exceeding the limit again.... they may have to cancel the 2nd race of the day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I am so nervous, they are starting the race!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Unbelievable! They hit the wind limit and have now stopped the racing for the day.

I think it is funny how the boats don't stop racing until they have heard the cancellation a few times because they don't want to lose the race because of a bad call.

Looks like Oracle is really hauling butt to the sheds, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH and SF businesses must be loving this, every day they get one more day.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It seems to happen every day now. What a coup for the businesses in SF to have the races extended!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
On Saturday, when the 2nd race was cancelled due to wind, I was talking with this guy who was at the America's Cup Pavilion later on. He said that the Oracle USA team went by so fast on their way back to their home base after the race cancellation that he did not have enough time to lift his camera up for a photo. I guess they were estimating that the Oracle team was doing nearly 40 mph on their way home.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Can Oracle USA win another one... or 2... today!?! I hope so because I would be able to watch it on TV tomorrow if the series is extended.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh man, I feel so bad for the Kiwi's!! This is so weird, first the wind is too high and now the wind is too low and they exceed the race time limit of 40 minutes.

So on we move to race number 2, but they have to get the race off by no later then 2:40 or no more races today.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Ooophs.... ran out of time, need another race. After all the races that were cancelled due to too much wind, it's funny that now they don't have enough wind to finish the course in 40 minutes.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, if the wind normally picks up in the afternoon, they should be able to finish the 2nd race in time. But, I'm hoping that it's cancelled until tomorrow, so I can watch it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, better race, the start was good, and off they go.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
omg, this is a race!! first an almost collision where Kiwis were given a penalty, Oracle almost lost a crew member over board, but he managed to stay on board. Then Oracle cuts a tack to go to the left which then forced Kiwi's to change direction and go to the right, which cased then to really slow down.

Now, Oracle is ahead, and we have higher wind.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Go Oracle!!! You probably won't win America's cup but you will extend the racing!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, it is looking like Oracle may win this one!! They just rounded the 3 gate headed for 4 and have a 46 second lead.

Someone on Emerites has their mike on and you can really hear them working hard on the boat.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yay!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, now Kiwis' are putting up their "spinaker" now called a zero sail to try and pick up some wind.

Oracle does an excellent gibe foil, and now will make a right hand turn and head for home. Another great gibe.

Turning mark 4 and they have a over a minute lead.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ORACLE WINS!!! I am so happy for Oracle, and feel so bad for Emerates.

It is just amazing that they managed to pull out a win today, I can hardly believe it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Awesome! Now, I can watch it tomorrow on tv. I doubt that Oracle will get lucky again and win tomorrow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, did I just hear that weather is a problem for racing, LOL. This is amazing.