TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 18, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: America's Cup / Louis Vuitton Cup: Archive through September 18, 2013 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Damn, that was looking like a great race! But it was called because of the high wind limit average, they had to call the race off.

They were going great and both boats were very close it was going to be a another great race!

Kookliebird, I can't wait to hear how you enjoyed your experience, which pier were you at?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And I wonder where the rule came that you can't start a race after 2:30 pm on the West Coast. Anyone know?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I had SOOOO much fun today. I started out by severely spraining my ankle. A stop at Walgreens and I was good to go. I was in the grandstand seating at Marina Green. The boats were so close. I got some good shots. When I get home I'll post one or 2 for you.

We were told that the race was called due to the wind. Wind in SF usually gets worse, not better after 2 pm.

I got there really early, before the guys boarded the boats. Then, they came up the bay and were practicing right in front of us. I was sure that the Kiwis were going to win just based on the practice. They were very impressive. Everyone was so excited when the US won. We were all looking forward to the next race and were very disappointed when they called it.

I'm going to head to the other side of the race near Pier 29 to view the race tomorrow. It was just pure fun.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It sounds so fun! I am glad you got to seem more than just the one race, LOL.

Could you tell that the Kiwi's almost dumped their boat?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, I was kind of far away from it, but was looking through my telephoto lens and could see they were in trouble. The whole crowd reacted when it happened. They had 2 jumbo trons near where I was sitting. So, we saw it many times after the race was over. I liked the interview with the US Captain when he was asked about the Kiwi's debacle. He said something like "I had to maneuver the boat so they wouldn't land on us!" or something like that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It really was something to see and I swear there was loud thump when they finally came back down.

Hope the races are really close tomorrow, but nothing too scarey.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So exciting! Oracle wins again, by over 50 seconds! Now they are waiting for the wind to see if they can get a race in by 2:30. They were 3 minutes away from the begining race, now at 13.28 before they start again, darnit.

It is going to be tight to get the next race started, will only work if they can keep the wind down.

Darn I want another race!! Oh, today another race cannot start after 2:40, I wonder where they get these times, LOL, yesterday it was 2:30pm.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And race number 10 is underway!!! Wow speeds are high, 35-40!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy cow, what a great start! Kiwi's made it first to the 1 gate, Oracle staying behind but not that far.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This race is going to come down to pure sailing strategy, I love it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Fantastic race! Kiwis won by 14 seconds, amazing race! Do wish Oracle had pulled it off.

No races until Tuesday!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was exciting today. The guy next to me during the 2nd race had an app that tracked the boats. He and his wife were quite knowledgeable. They were in San Diego when Dennis Conner was in the America's cup. I leave tomorrow, but wish I could be here for the rest of the week. It was so fun watching the races. I will post a picture or 2 on Tuesday!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
No racing today. Too much wind and current!
Glad I didn't try to stay to watch the Tuesday races. I would have been really disappointed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Kookliebird. I have a girlfriend who committed to her friend that she would go with her to all the races. They usually watch from pier 39.

She said she is pooped and hoped there wouldn't be any racing today so she could get some of her real life done, LOL. But she had to go into the city to find out.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I watched Saturday at the Marina Green and Sunday at Pier 39. I would have liked to try more spots, but between the 2, I think that the Marina Green was the better spot.
AC

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Nice picture!!

Racing today if the winds allow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well darn, I thought we would have racing today since the wind cancelled yesterday, but I can't find anything on TV.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally occurred to me to check the sports page, apparently we have sailing a 1pm on COZI, which is 186 for me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The Kiwi's won the first race. They are at match point at 8-1 over Oracle USA.

I have to say for the 3 races that I saw in person, the Kiwi's were quite impressive... even when they were just practicing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
One more race!! I know the Kiwi's have really mastered this boat, they were quite impressive in the challenger series as well.

It would be great if Oracle won this one, and we could get another day of racing, I would love that.

It is starting to seem like whoever starts first into the box wins, at least now that both teams have figured out their boats.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And, I was looking for a coffee maker and I considered Nespresso just because there were on the Kiwi boat, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, it looked like Oracle really went into the start box really fast.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Crap they called off the race because of the wind!

So do they start the clock again? Oh, maybe they will. Oh yeah they have reset the wind clock again.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am sitting here at work watching the blog.

Nespresso had a huge booth in the America's Cup Pavillion. I think they gave away some free expresso machines yesterday or the day before. LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
No race can start after 2:40. And now they are saying the penalty that Oracle threw up would have been green flagged.