TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 14, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: America's Cup / Louis Vuitton Cup: Archive through September 14, 2013 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy cow did you guys see the Team New Zealand boat smack down!! I couldn't believe it, it was astounding to see and the men going over board!

Plus poor Luna Rosa with their broken paddle!

Just now getting to watch since it was tape delayed on NBC Sports, but wow!

Now to see if they will race the second race or not.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmm, looks like the wind may screw up the second race giving both teams enough time to fix their boats.

These guys are so funny trying to trick each other that they are ready to race again, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lucky guys, the second race cancelled due to wind.

Can't wait to see what will happen tomorrow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Amazing, Another great race, Luna Rossa wins since NZ had a problem and was drifting towards the Golden Gate and out of the bay, LOL. Of course they got it fixed before they were swept away.

As I cook over here in WC, the race was in winter and summer weather. So weird to see cold and ugly it was at one end and then lovely and bright at the other end of the raceway.

Race two coming up in a bit

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and sometimes it does seem like Judd is talking, LOL, you really have to pay attention with all the different accents for these sailors an commentators.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well shoot, second race is cancelled because of high winds.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, August 19, 2013 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am going to SF to see the America's Cup races on the weekend of September 14th. I am so excited!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 19, 2013 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH, that is so cool!

Damn, another break, the wing on the Luna Rossa boat is stuck, not sure exactly what is wrong but they are saying its the wing.

We really need both teams to win races so that we can have races all week.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 19, 2013 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Forgot to update, second race cancelled because of high winds.

Day off tomorrow so no races until Wednesday.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Dipo, for the Saturday, I paid for seating in one of the marina viewing stands just to make sure that I would have a spot for viewing. I just hope that if they have races on the Sunday or Monday that I will be able to see it from the waters edge.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Nice Kookliebird.

Two races today. I really thought that Luna Rossa was going to win the second race, I can't figure out how they got behind after closing it down to 75 meters.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It looks like the Kiwis might make it to the finals.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well darn!!! Kiwis won again today so it is 6-1 and now the second race has been cancelled because the wind is too high!

Racing tomorrow though!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I can't wait! I wish I was going sooner than the 14th to see the races.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow!!! That was amazing, too bad Oracle lost both races, but we haven't been able to see how good Oracle was. And we say how good NZ was in all the trials.

The Oracle boat looks cool! Hope they and fix that wing and figure out how to jibe better.

Kookliebird it should be really cool, hope the weather holds for you.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Bummer! But, I still can't wait to see it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So annoyed that I forgot the races today, but I see that Oracle won the 4th race, yeah!!

No more races until Tuesday but sounds like maybe Oracle has figured out what to do so they should be great races going forward.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Exciting race, Oracle takes the start and leads until the 3rd leg then bad tack and lost speed and Kiwis caught up and passed them and finally win race number 5.

Surprisingly, Oracle has used their postponemnet card cancelling race number 6! No races tomorrow so Oracle can get their confidence back, it was a strategic move, not because of boat breakage.

Poor Spithill, Oracle skipper got pulled off the boat for a little chat with Russel Couts (CEO, Oracle), LOL. I doubt that that was a very fun meeting.

Next race is on Thursday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kooliebird, I am jealous that you are going to be there, I hope your seats are really good.

I was checking out going out on one of the yachts and I about died when the one I picked was basically $450!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Taped race number 6, but I think that Emirates won.

Now Race number 7, I think I heard the announcers say that someone was switched off the oracle boat, maybe the navigator.

Oh, USA didn't get the start and now in bad air, team NZ took the first mark. Hope US can catch up.

Wow they are moving fast on the water at the start! It is so pretty to see the golden gate in the background.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well Heck! Two more races down.

Kookliebird you are going to luck out with a couple of the last races unless Oracle can win both of them!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I head down there tomorrow and figure I'll just enjoy the atmosphere of the races because the USA just doesn't seem to be doing well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The race is on!!! And both teams are looking good, team NZ has a slight lead.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy Crap, the Kiwis nearly flipped their boat. OMG!!!! Unbelievable and now they also get a penalty.

Can't wait to see the replay on that one.

Whatever little changes Oracle did to their boat sure has made it go a little faster, and then the Kiwi screw up, Oracle may win this one!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That was so exciting! Not that I want anyone to crash but the races are so much more fun when they are close.

Of course that was almost a little to close.