TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 27, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: QUICK QUESTIONS: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 27, 2013 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Is it possible to hard boil eggs in the microwave? TIA.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes. I have a plastic device that hard boils 4 eggs in 8 minutes.

I love it.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Look up 'microwave egg cooker' and you will see a picture of one.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, you have to have a special cooker, I was hoping you could do it without one. I should have googled, or yahoo'd, LOL.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Why would you want to hard boil eggs in a mw? So much easier to just bring to boil in cold water. Remove, cover and let sit about 15 mins.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Cuz you don't burn your fingers on hot water.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Because it's faster? :-)

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
because yesterday was too dang hot to want to cook anything on/or in a stove!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Actually, I was trying to avoid turning on the stove. It was really hot and I had the AC going. The last two times I have had the AC on and tried to use the stove it has blown the power.

So until I can have an electrician come and check what is going on I was wondering if you could hard boil in the microwave.

AND as Landi says it was hotter than hell here, LOL.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
i knew that because we went to a friend's party down there, and it was 106 outside. thankfully we were inside with AC!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Anybody have a good recipe that uses polska kielbasa?

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Grill it and serve with a pierogie casserole:

Cook lasagna noodles while boiling potatoes. Mash potatoes with a bit of milk and butter. Saute some onions. Then, layer lasagna noodles in a 9x13 pan, top with onions and mashed potatoes, top that with about 1/4 C melted butter. Repeat two or three times. You can top the last layer with a bit of white cheddar if you're so inclined. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. It goes well with all sausages and a bit of stewed cabbage. :-)

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 5:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I use it for half the meat component of my Spaghetti sauce! Slice 1/4 thick and halve the slices crossways and toss it in. You need to remember to cut back on any salt in your recipe -

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I also use it in 15/16 bean soup! One package of bean soup mix, one can of tomatoes, as much kielbasa - sliced as above - as you want, and a splash of lemon juice.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
That all sounds good! Thanks!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Since we have a break in BB I was wondering I want to make a few "good" snacks so I was going to cut up some carrots and celery. Do I need to have them in water so they won't dry out? Thanks!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
This may not be a quick question? I don't cook. Don't know how. Ooooh, noticed good grocery store has fresh walleye! During my childhood and some later years, we vacationed in central Minnesota -- walleye! My mom just pan fried it. I don't cook on the stovetop. I don't broil. There's the oven, the microwave, and my Rocket Grill. Will any of those work on walleye? How?

IIRC, walleye does have a lot of bones? Or maybe it's northern pike that has a lot of bones and walleye doesn't? I think that's it?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Here's a couple of easy looking oven recipes for walleye:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/flash-baked-walleye-fillets/

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/crispy-baked-walleye/

And here's a youtube to show you how to debone it if you want. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuMIGxoJ3ko

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Celery definitely should be in water to keep it fresh. Carrots - usually not.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks! I thought the carrots would get dry if they are cut into sticks.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
THANKS, Jmm. Sound good! I can do those.

I guess the fillets from store would be deboned. My dad would catch and fillet all the fish he caught in Minnesota. Once a week my uncle would have a fish fry for everyone staying at the resort. All that fresh fish was good. I didn't even mind the smell of the fish house.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I'm not a huge fish fan but I thought they both sounded pretty good myself. Let me know which one you try and how it is.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
If carrots are kept wrapped in plastic and cold, they shouldn't dry out if eaten within 24-48 hours. Longer than that, and a bit of water will help.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
We used to keep carrot sticks in a mason jar of water in the fridge. Kept them moist and very very cold.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I keep all prepped veggies in water - if you are worried about the vitamins leaching out, use that water in your next soup!