TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Buying a house

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: Buying a house users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through February 24, 2014Kitt25 02-24-14  5:01 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jewels

09-22-2000

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Our local soccer and baseball associations use school fields on the weekend/in the summer. Recess times are horribly loud and can last for a couple hours depending on the size of the school. I would walk over to the school and ask them. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Not the same but I live sandwiched between two high schools, someone is always using the fields - sometimes they lend the fields to other groups.
I enjoy most of it, and do like to listen to the bands during football season.

One thing is that they are almost always done by 9pm if it is a night game.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hmmm 9pm might be a little late for us! I thought maybe with an Elementary school it wouldn't be so bad. I will try to seek out some of their sports timetables, I didn't think about other schools using their grounds! Thanks.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I am sure an elementary school wouldn't have much happening late at night, LOL.

Oh, and if I close my doors and windows they can have a very noisy game and I don't hear it in the house.

You should check on the listings, they have to disclose things like noise from the schools, there were several of those type disclosures on my home.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
We back on to an elementary school field and playground. There is little activity in the evenings, mainly during the summer when local kids are out playing soccer until dark. During the day I rather enjoy hearing the kids playing, and the loudest is during lunch time/recess 11-2 pm. We were concerned about the same issues when considering this house, and have been happy living here for the past two years.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Kitt, my situation is similar to that. The neighbors behind me are across the street from the elementary school field. We hear all the bells and kids playing at lunch, but it's not really that big a deal.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Kitt, is the elementary playground blacktop or grass. If it's mostly grass then groups can apply to use the grassy public school fields to use during the weekends for soccer and such. If it's mostly blacktop, I can't imagine it being used that much for weekend groups. At most, the elementary school might offer an after school type of daycare so you might want to ask about that as well.

The nice thing about living close to a school is it's usually quiet during the summer months.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
We're two streets over from the elementary school and 3 blocks from the high school. During a school day, recess and lunch, we can hear the kidlets playing, it's not that loud really. They use the school for after school day care and little league practice and both are fairly quiet and over with by the time it gets dark. I will say after years of little league, where they have fields at the different schools, that could be pretty loud during baseball/softball season. Every field Kota played at, they had rules about what time the games had to be over and lights out (it was either 9 or 9:30.)

Now, the high school, only time I hear anything there is during football season and we occassionally hear the crowd cheering or announcements over the pa system, but even that's not too loud and done by 10.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, noise at lunchtime wouldn't really disturb us. It is a grass field but from the map it doesn't look big enough for a proper pitch for any of the main sports (I don't know if it might be okay for little league stuff though) and the school website doesn't focus on sports much at all. I might have to drive by at various times of day!

Thank you all for your help.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Elementary is not noisy except between 11-1:20 on school days. If there is a baseball field, you might have a few games there in the summer. But elementary is ok. HS, with bands practicing is a different story all together!! (or is that altogether?)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
High schools have activities ALL the time. It is not unusual for us to have cars in the parking lot until after 9 PM. Band camp, soccer practice, football practice and cross country will all practice during the summer, and there will be sports EVERY night in the spring season. Not everything is loud, of course, but high schools are just a LOT busier after hours than elementary schools are.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
hey, looking for this topic, My niece who was going to move out of my house was told her mortgage was a go and got into a contract for a house after Bank of America said she was a go. Well surprise she is not a go, they are demanding a work history that she does not have from over 10 years ago when she was a student. Her parents were keeping her tax records and they apparently threw her records out before they died 6 years ago. The problem apparently is that she did not work living here while Covid ran rampant.

I suggested going to another bank. It looks like she loses this house now. I offered to cosign but she does not want that.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Can she get her work history from the Social Security Administration?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, have her write a letter to the Underwriter explaining her work history, as she remembers it, and explain what happened to the records.

This sounds like they found a reference to something on her credit report and the underwriter is asking about it.

Happened to me when I was getting my BofA loan ... there was an address from 10 years ago detailed on my credit report. By the way it shouldn't matter but underwriters these days are a bit excessive on documentation.

Does she have a resume that details her work history. She could send that in as well.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, June 21, 2022 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I offered to co-sign and the mortgage guy said that would not have any effect. it shows me that they do not want to give her the loan at all.

I remember when I got my mortgage no one was giving out loans, but I had banked at the bank for as long as it was open (10 years), and put 50% down and bought the smallest house in a good neighborhood (triple A rated), and had an excellent credit rating (unlike my husband). the rate was 9,5 % capped by the state, and it was 17% out of state. So banks really did not want to sign mortgages, but if you tick off enough, they don't play games.

So I will take her to the bank I banked in for the last 40 years where I have enough money saved to buy her 4 room house out right (very cheap house). And see what they will do.

The IRS said they don't have the w2s but can give her the tax forms which the mortgage company does not want. I really think they don't want to give her the loan right now because rates are rising. the local bank has a rate of 3.5 % we will see what they will do. She has been working with a mortgage company that works with her sister and brother in law's realty company. They are working with Chase bank. Chase has really high rates compared to my local bank.

I still don't approve of this house, but it is cheap and small won't cost much to heat. the area is also in a growth boom, the land alone will probably worth more than the house and land next year, so it is saleable. I expect if she does not buy it, someone will buy it and tear down the house and build their own.

I look at this as a learning experience for us all because I am looking for a small home to move to as well, smaller than the one I have and with someone to maintain the outside (i.e. a condo).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 22, 2022 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, it is very odd they won't take the documents she offered. I think you are correct they are just trying to get out of giving her a loan.

Sounds like she was working with a mortgage broker and not a mortgage lender. The brokers package loans for certain lenders and take a cut of the commission.

She would be better off going directly to a lender and work with them.

I think your idea to take her to your bank is a good one. I had good experiences with Bank of America, but I went directly to them thru their online application.

Even then, their underwriters did have some odd requests but I just chalked it up to the underwriters are afraid to make decisions and go strictly by the book so I gave them all the ridiculous stuff they asked for, LOL.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, June 22, 2022 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
You might suggest that she pull her credit reports. They are free online. There might be something there that is driving the mortgage rejection.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, June 22, 2022 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Do you know what her credit score is? Someone posted this in a chat I was in.

Housing. I'm beating the doomsday drum on this. Last I checked, Blackrock has signed deals with the top construction companies to slow down housing. Fed is raising interest rates and are looking to do so again. My contacts in banks are saying they have word from C-Suite to not approve mortgages for credit scores below 750 - less than 50% of Americans are below this number. Rentals are going up, and mortgages are now prohibitively expensive.

I feel like I'm the only person I know that sees this, and no one cares or wants to take this seriously. I'm in WV, so it's not like I can expect my Rep/Sens to give a damn.
Thoughts?

"Above"
Less than 50% of Americans are "ABOVE" 750. I think that number is lower but I had to rush to get this typed to get it in your window.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: