TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Windows 8

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Windows 8 users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 14, 2014Juju2bigdog25 06-14-14  8:49 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am still thinking on it, but I have decided on going with an 8 inch tablet this time. On the 10 inch tablet my hands ache from how far my thumbs have to reach when playing games and doing on-screen typing.

So far the Dell Venue 8 Pro is at the top of my list. (mainly because the price has come down so much. You can find it under $199 at times, new)

Cathie

08-16-2000

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Does anyone have a recommendation of a good scanner that is supported by Windows 8? My two year old Epson will not work on Win 8 and I need one that can scan negatives and slides along with photos.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Cathy, did you look for an updated driver for you scanner? If it's only 2 years old, I bet there is an updated driver for windows 8.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just in case you don't know how to find an updated driver, just post the make and model of your scanner and someone here will help you find it.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Yes, I looked for the updated driver and the Epson site says it does not work with Windows 8. I did see some info in a forum there that you could force it to use the Windows 7 driver so I will try that. Thanks, Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ok, so Epson is the make. What is the model?

eta, Sorry about misspelling your name in the other post, Cathie.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
It is Epson 4180 Photo. They show drivers for just about every version of Windows EXCEPT Windows 8.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Naja, thank you for helping all of us in this thread. I sometimes think I know some things, but you are always willing to share what you know, and it is more often than not really good help for all of us.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's for sure! :-)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Naja, I don't know if you will check this thread, but a BIG thank you from me to you!

I've had Windows 8 or a coupe of years, but I just helped my parents get a new computer with 8.1 (I'm not going to load 10 for them). Trying to teach two people in their 80's this system has been a nightmare! LOL -- I remembered you talking about installing the old look (Classic Shell above). I'm so glad I remembered and found it here. I'm off to try and get it going for them. Fingers are crossed!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: