TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 31, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: QUICK QUESTIONS: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 31, 2012 users admin

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Thank you Cinnamongirl.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
YW Rosie!

and Costacat... not everyone would agree with you.. I sure don't . I like my cheesecake light and fluffy, not rich and heavy..

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Baked cheesecakes are not rich and heavy. It IS a matter of sweetness though. And sweetened condensed milk is just too sweet. As I said, I've been making mine for years. It's more the NY style so it's a higher rising cheesecake. With very little sugar. I calculated out the calories once and it's actually pretty healthy, low in sugar and fat, high in protein.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I was just going by your wording of "richer".. and in my opinion, baked cheesecakes are heavier ... but it IS just a matter of personal taste. Just like flour and corn tortillas.. not everyone agrees.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, August 03, 2012 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Cinnamon, that's the one i use. i love fresh fruit with cheesecake and think that's one of the best with it. i leave out the sugar and double the lemon juice.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
Quick question. I drink almond milk, but recently bought the part almond and coconut milk. I really don't like it to drink.

I was wondering if this might be a good thing to use to poach fish with and if anyone has tried it.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I don't know if you can use almond milk for poaching fish, but you most certainly can use coconut milk. Coconut milk makes a great soup base, too (think Thai soups).

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Costa is right. Don't know about almond milk, but plain greek yogurt is awesome for cream soups, too.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Is there a trick to separating frozen Tupperware hamburger patty containers? I always struggle to get one separated from the rest.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Not that I ever found, Color. It was always a pain to try and get them apart.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Yeah, they were difficult. We always resorted the dinner knife pry trick (which led to hamburgers flying across the kitchen.)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yesitsme, that's familiar.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What is the easiest way to shred chicken? I am making a new dish and once it is cooked it says to shred the chicken and I have never done that. TIA.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
A couple of forks usually works, as long as the chicken is tender.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It also helps if you cool it a while...lol...but to be honest most of the time I've found fingers work best.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Cook the chicken way beyond done, and it will practically fall apart for you. I use a combo of forks and fingers -

Abby7

07-17-2002

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 1:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
i remember years ago watching the news...a special type of report. investigation "behind the scenes" sort of report. various reports, restaurants, mechanics....using hidden cameras.
i also remember, years ago, posting about it here.

hidden camera in kitchen of restaurant. guy was shredding the chicken. he put the piece of chicken in his mouth and got all the chicken off, then spit it out and shredded it. sorry to share that (once again), but it's so unbelievable i just can't help it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, Abby! It was a crock pot meal so the chicken was practically falling off, I did let it cool though and then tried using a fork, LOL, but I found my fingers did work best.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I made chicken and dumplings this weekend (my daughter was under the weather so I went for good old comfort food) and didn't have any chicken except for chicken tenders...but combined with a little chicken bouillion it made great chicken and dumplings so we didn't care (neither did the dogs, who got the majority of the chicken...we are dumpling girls at our house!).

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Truth be told, I usually use my hands, too, but I also enjoy cleaning off the carcass after having a crockpot or beer can chicken. I tell my DH that I get all my frustrations out by ripping every little shred of meat off that darn bird! :-)

I have a SIL who can't stand to touch uncooked chicken (she only buys boneless, skinless breasts for minimal handling), so the idea of shredding it by hand would not appeal to her at all.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I have been thinking of what to cook today and it crossed my mind to pull out my left over prime rib and make some potatoes au gratin. Then I was thinking about the left over egg nog that I have so what do you think, potatoes with egg nog instead of cream, will it taste too weird?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
the only thing that might make it taste off is the nutmeg, but it could be interesting.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Maybe I will make two pans, one regular and one small one with egg nog.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
all that sugar/cinnamon/nutmeg would make it too sweet.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I agree with Landleigh about the too sweet situation - maybe mix it half and half w/sour cream?

Eggnog makes awesome bread pudding though -